About a Vulcan advancing and a PAS catching

12 replies to this topic

#1 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

First the PAS, I have the stock spring plus an added spring and a much larger catch spring, the catch is also reinforced. Whenever I cock it the catch will not engage unless I manually push the trigger up with the handle pulled back. Any ideas why it wont cock?

For the Vulcan it wont rotate. A friend found it at goodwill and brought it over. The rotating arm isn't broken, but the rotation "drum" doesn't turn when it's cocked. Sometimes the drum will turn with the orange chain holder and sometimes it stays stuck. This has me truly baffled because everything looks to be in working order.

Any help with either of the problems would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by CaliforniaPants, 06 January 2009 - 12:15 AM.

trans as shit because fuck you

#2 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

Well, for the Vulcan, I think it's the gear. I read that the gears can't really handle a lot. For the PAS, maybe try to cock it fast?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#3 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

Well, for the Vulcan, I think it's the gear. I read that the gears can't really handle a lot. For the PAS, maybe try to cock it fast?

Cocking fast does nothing besides make me fear for the gun's lifespan.

#4 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:27 AM

Do you have a pic of the trigger spring?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#5 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:38 AM

Do you have a pic of the trigger spring?

I have a kinda dark cell phone pic, but photobucket wont let me upload it.

EDIT: Never mind, got it to work. Sorry it's so dark.
Posted Image

Edited by CaliforniaPants, 06 January 2009 - 12:42 AM.

#6 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:41 AM

Is it a torsion spring or a regular spring glued on?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#7 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:47 AM

Is it a torsion spring or a regular spring glued on?

Torsion, in case there a problem with the picture.

#8 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

1. You need to glue in a strong spring.
Posted Image
Posted Image

2. You need to sand down the Epoxy putty on the trigger a little.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#9 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

So I need to add another big spring in addition to the rather large torsion spring? And sand the putty down how?

#10 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

So I need to add another big spring in addition to the rather large torsion spring? And sand the putty down how?

I assume you also reinforced the cocking bar?

When you cock the gun, the cocking bar is pushing back the reinforced trigger down, but the putty is keeping the nub from catching.
Sand down the putty on the top until it is flush with the stock nub.

And yes, add a small pen spring to the trigger.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#11 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:49 AM

Okay, sounds good. I'll have to go to the store again. I have a small problem, the brown plastic washer has disappeared from my work space, probably by means of my cat. Is there any feasible means of replacing it?

#12 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

I actually just had this same problem and can tell you exactly what your problem is. You don't need more springs on the catch, you need to examine the contact between the area you reinforced and the cocking bar. Try opening the gun up, and cocking the gun with half of the shell off (i know it's dangerous, but it'll show you the contacts between the parts). You applied epoxy putty behind the catch, but failed to recognize a small protrusion on the cocking bar that will hit that epoxy putty and not allow the gun to cock very well. I had this problem on mine, so I sanded down the reinforcement some until it worked.

I'd try this before you go out and buy more springs, but if this doesn't work then you may in fact need a better spring on the trigger. Also try sanding down the sides of your epoxy putty so that the trigger moves smoothly through the trigger hole. Make sure nothing can catch on the shell of the gun and prevent it from returning to its normal position.

#13 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

I actually just had this same problem and can tell you exactly what your problem is. You don't need more springs on the catch, you need to examine the contact between the area you reinforced and the cocking bar. Try opening the gun up, and cocking the gun with half of the shell off (i know it's dangerous, but it'll show you the contacts between the parts). You applied epoxy putty behind the catch, but failed to recognize a small protrusion on the cocking bar that will hit that epoxy putty and not allow the gun to cock very well. I had this problem on mine, so I sanded down the reinforcement some until it worked.

I'd try this before you go out and buy more springs, but if this doesn't work then you may in fact need a better spring on the trigger. Also try sanding down the sides of your epoxy putty so that the trigger moves smoothly through the trigger hole. Make sure nothing can catch on the shell of the gun and prevent it from returning to its normal position.

I sanded down the putty as recommended by everybody earlier this morning and it does catch smoother, but it still wont catch unless I push it up. I have the feeling it is the spring causing a lot of friction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users