What The Fuck?

Madness incarnate.

41 replies to this topic

#26 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

It needs fifteen pumps for a decent distance. Thirty pumps gives a good pressure.

#27 CapnTac

CapnTac

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Wow, just wow. That is like when someone gets into a car crash and needs a new heart, but the heart in this case is the tanks and pump.... I really need to stop watching house.

That is SO added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

That is really innovative. I once tried to make a gun out of old parts, but it didn't work so well.
QUOTE(NerfRogue83 @ Apr 1 2009, 05:58 PM) View Post

You really need to pick what suites you best, and check your spelling.

#28 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

Continuing the trend of ridiculousness in pistols, and inspired by the thing seoulman came up with, I spent some time after classes coming up with this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a SMDTG pump, LSFG handle, AT3K tank, and AT2K turret with five inch CPVC barrels. Twenty pumps fills up the tank to a ridiculous pressure, but for sidearm use I'll probably keep it down to twelve to fifteen pumps (the SMDTG pump, by my guesstimates, is roughly one quarter the volume of an AT3K pump). Rate of fire is good with the turret, the handle is comfy, and it's a really fun gun to mess around with. I'll definitely be using this a bunch.

It reminds me of a Secret Shot 2. I enjoyed this.

<edit> Forgot to mention a few things. It was pretty simple to dremel out the interior of the LSFG handle to fit this pump, especially considering how slim the pump tube is. I hold the gun in my left hand and pump with my right (just like all my secondaries) and prime with the right, so I place my thumb in that tubing loop. It doesn't get in the way at all.

Edited by Ice Nine, 09 January 2009 - 05:12 PM.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#29 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

^^^
Totally doing that. Like, within the next hour. Seriously. Awesome.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#30 General Nerf

General Nerf

• Banned
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

Dude that is awesome and one question and I know im a newb so why did everyone get the airtech 3000 on black friday?
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I am Rambo Fear me with all your might! ugh nnnnnoooooo I just got shot with a nerf dart! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! eh..eh..help me...

#31 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

Dude that is awesome and one question and I know im a newb so why did everyone get the airtech 3000 on black friday?

That Airtech is left over from 2004. I had two and both of the rotation mechanisms broke on me, so I tore them apart and took the necessary internals.

Rnbw Cln

#32 General Nerf

General Nerf

• Banned
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

Um sorry I meant what is so good about? Is it rare, good, awesome after modding, etc. I have one and it is not that good. :D

P.S. is it hard to mod or open? :lol:

Edited by General Nerf, 09 January 2009 - 06:45 PM.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I am Rambo Fear me with all your might! ugh nnnnnoooooo I just got shot with a nerf dart! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! eh..eh..help me...

#33 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:50 PM

Wal Mart decided to stock them NIB for the first time in a very long time. Not to pricey either.

Edit: Whoops, already answered.

Edited by Poseidon, 09 January 2009 - 06:52 PM.

Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#34 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

That's the best mod I've seen in a while. U took a not so good gun and made a crazy good side arm out of it.
We have no sig.

#35 General Nerf

General Nerf

• Banned
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

Is modding the airtech 3000 any good? P.S. sorry I put it here it's just I didn't kow where to put it

#36 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Is modding the airtech 3000 any good? P.S. sorry I put it here it's just I didn't kow where to put it

Not to come off as a major dick, but a cursory glance around this website would reveal wondrous information to you. In the modifications page of the site is one of the best 3K writeups available and the modifications directory lists threads in which you can find numerous modifications of varying difficulty levels, almost certainly with one approachable by yourself. This thread, however, is not the place for this discussion. Do some research on your own.

Preliminary hallway testing shows that this gun is good for about eighty feet at twenty pumps but I don't think the barrels are long enough to accommodate the excess pressure. Longer barrels would fix it but to keep to the compact nature of the sidearm I'll keep pumps down. At twelve it gets around sixty-five.

<edit> Forgot one other thing. I used my dremel to bore out the internals of the AT2K turret to make up for the much faster and less restricted airflow through the PETG (as opposed to the white, easy-snapped rod on AT2K tanks) to deliver the air to the dart in higher volume. It really didn't take much time, since I did it nearly simultaneously when I was boring out the turret for CPVC.

Edited by Ice Nine, 09 January 2009 - 09:10 PM.

Rnbw Cln

#37 General Nerf

General Nerf

• Banned
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

um wouldn't that bust the airtank?

#38 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

Ahem.

Fuck AT3K tanks.

Two! Two of them. Two of them died on me. Both developed irreparable leaks. What the fuck.

Thankfully, I have room mates. Reasonable room mates. I traded two Hornet tanks to one of my room mates for one of the BS tanks on his FF-BS-SMDTG (in progress, awaiting validation (Zorn's Lemma)). And then I fixed it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used a vinyl tee piece to split the pump tube between a Hornet blast trigger and the BS tank. I used a piece of SMDTG I had lying around to bridge the gap between the blast trigger and the LSFG trigger. It worked fantastically until the check valve in the SMDTG pump died on me; my McMaster shipment should be here soon enough and I can fix it.

<edit> Before the check valve exploded the tank was filling to a decent pressure at fifteen pumps and got slightly better ranges than the AT3K version. However, the BS tank has also made the gun bulkier.

Edited by Ice Nine, 12 January 2009 - 01:06 AM.

Rnbw Cln

#39 lazer371

lazer371

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Wow, just wow, you should make a video and psot it on here or youtube showing how to do that for the lower level modders. Plus I'd love to see this being made first hand
I aint plannen' on unlearnin' no grammer.
(makes you think....)

They say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." What?!?!?!?!
I say, "Screw that! Give me a bigger gun!"

#40 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

Nice.

I'd be very cautious about using the BS tank as a structural element, though. I'm not sure it can take the mechanical stresses of having a turret and barrels hanging out there on the end. Adding some kind of shell, to structurally link the handle and the turret, would probably be a good idea.

Although, gee, I can't imagine what sort of shell might fit ...

<concept Photochop>

Hey! how did that get there?
And wow - look at all that space in the top. If you don't decide to cut it off, you could put in an integration, or even ... a faster pump.

I like it, but unfortunately I don't have a spare 2K case. One is in progress for something fun (it's RSCB'd so I used its turret here) and the other is going to get rebarreled soon.

However, I do have a spare (shitty) Recon sitting around; unfortunately it's at home and not my dorm, which makes it impossible for me to finish the next generation of this until spring break (at least), but after dicking around with my room mate's disassembled Recon it appears as if my next plan is doable.

After some simple gutting and cutting, it appears as if an AT3K pump would sit perfectly where the old plunger tube would be and the cocking bar would be easily relegated to pumping duty by a metal rod. The pump stroke, while shortened in comparison to the original length, would still put out at least twice as much air as the SMDTG pump while remaining easier to prime than, say, situating the SMDTG pump in the dart holder in the Recon handle, which, I must say, is the perfect size and length for that purpose. The Hornet blast button is easily situated behind the trigger mechanism, and the BS chamber can easily sit in the clip well. Unfortunately, the Recon isn't large enough to retain the clipping mechanism while putting all these new internals in, at least without including a terrible amount of dead space and using a less efficient pump. I would just cut out the front of the Recon below the stock barrel and stick the 2K turret in that position.

<edit>
To quote Tobias Funke exactly once, BOOYAH.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first picture I just tossed on one of the future Marvelous Salvo tanks, to give an idea of where the tank would be sitting. The pump handle looks crooked because it's sagging downwards; with a rod in place it should sit pretty straight. The second has the gun with the tank placed in the vicinity of where it would sit on the final integration. I would add to the lengths of the barrels, though, since the length of the gun may no longer be small enough to classify it as a true secondary. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

Wow, just wow, you should make a video and psot it on here or youtube showing how to do that for the lower level modders. Plus I'd love to see this being made first hand

I'll do that while I create the updated version explained above. In the meantime this gun is very simple and the external nature of all the parts makes recreation quite easy through pictures.

Speaking of which, I should be able to get a concept picture up soon. The disassembled Recon we have lying around should work pretty well.

Edited by Ice Nine, 12 January 2009 - 05:44 PM.

Rnbw Cln

#41 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

This thread has given me an awesome idea. Im going to take the shot to shit SF I have, break out my dremel, and replace the SF internals with BS tanks. I have this all drawn up, and Im going to do it as soon as the parts get here. I see how you worked the trigger, but I believe Im going to do it EXACTLY like Imaseoulman did.
I have a question about the BS pump thing though: Does the trigger setup you have in the first WTF enable it to fire semi auto like a SF? Im debating doing it that way with the BS pump too.
I also have NO clue how the BS trigger works. Care to elaborate?
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#42 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

This thread has given me an awesome idea. Im going to take the shot to shit SF I have, break out my dremel, and replace the SF internals with BS tanks. I have this all drawn up, and Im going to do it as soon as the parts get here. I see how you worked the trigger, but I believe Im going to do it EXACTLY like Imaseoulman did.
I have a question about the BS pump thing though: Does the trigger setup you have in the first WTF enable it to fire semi auto like a SF? Im debating doing it that way with the BS pump too.
I also have NO clue how the BS trigger works. Care to elaborate?

The trigger setup in the first WTF does allow the for the same sort of semi-auto fire that the Splitfire has; it, in fact, works exactly like a Big Salvo with two barrels. I assume that, since you have the parts for replacing the SF tanks with BS tanks, you've played around with a BS trigger mechanism. The trigger mechanism on a Big Salvo works in the same general way as a Hornet trigger does, except without the ratchey garbage. I'll do my best to explain without pictures, as the scanner I would normally use to upload drawings is not functioning at the moment.

The BS trigger mechanism works as follows: there are four little check valves inside the parts that connect to the tubing on the BS tanks. These check valves allow the BS tanks to be pressurized and push the rubber stopper inside up against the lip, creating a seal. You might notice the staggered nature of the BS trigger; this is to create a semi-auto firing system by spacing the check valves in series, as opposed to the Hornet blast button, which would fire all the barrels at once. As the trigger on the BS is pulled backwards, it opens the check valve, which creates back pressure, which sucks out the stopper inside the tank, which fires the dart. Since the trigger mechanism only actuates one valve at once, a slow BS trigger pull will fire off four separate shots.

In other news, I figured out what did the check valve in on the SMDTG pump. I don't know if it's an issue with anyone else but it seems that pumping the SMDTG pumps makes a fuckton of heat; mine could've just been not lubricated or something, but the two I had get noticeably hot to the touch if pumped up quickly. I think that, after enough use, whatever creates the seal in the check valve got completely cooked and failed. In the meantime between the next iteration of this pistol I'll just place another check valve between the pump and vinyl tee.

Rnbw Cln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users