Insane results.

26 replies to this topic

#1 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

Two of my friends stumbled upon a KB Toys that was closing down. Each of my friends got 5 Mega Missiles, and one was nice enough to give me one. Right away I new this thing had potential, especially after seeing previous mods done by other members.

Supplies Needed:
-Hot Glue/Hot Glue Gun
-Mega Missile
-PETG (6 Inches)
-PVC (2-1/2 Inches)
-Airtech 2000 Turret
-E-Tape (Optional)
-A dremel, knife, razor, or mini-saw

Okay so here's a picture of it in the box.
Posted Image
Take your sharp object of choice and cut off the stock barrel.
Posted Image
Wrap your PETG up in some e-tape, or just glue it straight in to the peice of PVC.
Posted Image
Glue the peice of PETG nested in PVC where the stock barrel used to be.
Posted Image
Now on the end of the 2K turret, where it used to be attatched to the 2K tank, there is a little nub. Glue that into the PETG. The end result should look something like this.
Posted Image

As for ranges, I haven't tested outside yet, but they're definitly above 100FT for ea barrel. My friend has one with a 4 or 5 inch CPVC barrel, and it goes 95FT flat. It barely pierces through cardboard. Each barrel on mine pierces through cardboard, so i'm going to estimate about 100-110FT flat.

Questions? Comments? Flames?

#2 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

I saw both of your crossbows in the 3rd pictures lower left hand corner. Nice writeup, but this has been done before and is sorta self explanatory. Nice work though.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#3 xeorogue

xeorogue

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

Comment? Sooo much dead space between the turret and the actual chamber. This could effect ranges negatively so I'm gonna say it gets less then your friends 5inch CPVC if his is singled.

That is all.

Otherwise: Very clean and well done writeup. Easy to follow and easy to replicate. Fun blaster to mod with good results.

Edited by xeorogue, 04 January 2009 - 10:55 PM.

QUOTE(Salindin_Naz @ Feb 14 2009, 12:33 AM) View Post
I can do anything you want. ...I'm almost certain I can make you happy.
Salindin

#4 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

Comment? Sooo much dead space between the turret and the actual chamber. This could effect ranges negatively so I'm gonna say it gets less then your friends 5inch CPVC if his is singled.

That is all.

Yeah, not really. I may have forgotten to mention that the dart gets ramrodded down to right infront of the chamber. It goes through the original barrel and the 2k turret.

Edit: Yes, it is a fun blaster. :P

Edited by NerfOnFier, 04 January 2009 - 10:56 PM.

#5 xeorogue

xeorogue

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

That is all.

Yeah, not really. I may have forgotten to mention that the dart gets ramrodded down to right infront of the chamber. It goes through the original barrel and the 2k turret.

So you have a turret with 4 darts, but between shots you have to pump and ramrod?
Why have a turret? Ramrodding a dart that's already in the chamber is practically equivalent(when comparing ROF) to putting another one in.
Salindin

#6 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

That is all.

So you have a turret with 4 darts, but between shots you have to pump and ramrod?
Why have a turret? Ramrodding a dart that's already in the chamber is practically equivalent(when comparing ROF) to putting another one in.

You also have to note that this gun specifically wasn't intended for a primary for a major war. For a local war, in my opinion a fairly small 4 shotted gun that takes roughly 10 seconds to load and about 4 seconds per shot is pretty good. Loading all four in at once, and using a secondary for backup incase anyone rushes. Yes it isn't practical for most, but for me it's pretty good. For anyone who asks why not use your crossbow and turret it, it's because using the same gun over and over gets boring, plus my crossbows are big. =/

#7 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

This doesn't make any sense. Why is there a turret if your putting a dart into the original barrel after each shot. Why not just skip the turret altogether?

#8 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

This doesn't make any sense. Why is there a turret if your putting a dart into the original barrel after each shot. Why not just skip the turret altogether?

Read the post above yours.

Edit: Also forgot to mention only tight darts need to be ramrodded, as most just drop down.

Edited by NerfOnFier, 04 January 2009 - 11:29 PM.

#9 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

nice mod. I did the same to mine
Posted Image

#10 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:02 AM

Edit: Also forgot to mention only tight darts need to be ramrodded, as most just drop down.

If your darts DROP down the barrel, you're doing it wrong. All wrong. That means your darts are not getting a good seal against the barrel, which means your long ass barrel has no purpose.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#11 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:31 AM

Is there something important housed in the bits of plastic above and below the barrel? Why not just cut it off and slap the turret right on the base of the barrel?

Good mod btw. Seems like everything can be made better by slapping a 2k turret onto it.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#12 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:25 AM

I don't see why people keep bitching about the turret! The turret is to get off 4 shots without having to reload the barrels! This will reduce the time taken to get out another dart, ramrod, and return the ramrod. Sure, after 4 shots you have to reload all of the barrels, but with its size it could be a secondary! Why is any turret worthy if this one isn't? He even said it's not meant to be used as a primary.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#13 xeorogue

xeorogue

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

I don't see why people keep bitching about the turret! The turret is to get off 4 shots without having to reload the barrels! This will reduce the time taken to get out another dart, ramrod, and return the ramrod. Sure, after 4 shots you have to reload all of the barrels, but with its size it could be a secondary! Why is any turret worthy if this one isn't? He even said it's not meant to be used as a primary.

Because he still HAS TO RAMROD AND RETURN THE RAMROD after each shot. How much longer is pulling another dart of our your pocket/same place where your ramrod is kept?

This is hardly a turret. More like a bad speed loader.

I'm not trying to flame the blaster/mod. It's a good mod, and i like the blaster. It fits its roll as a secondary well.
Salindin

#14 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:36 AM

Because he still HAS TO RAMROD AND RETURN THE RAMROD after each shot. How much longer is pulling another dart of our your pocket/same place where your ramrod is kept?

This is hardly a turret. More like a bad speed loader.

I'm not trying to flame the blaster/mod. It's a good mod, and i like the blaster. It fits its roll as a secondary well.

A bad speed loader? It's a retarded waste of a 2k turret.and theres no way the dart fits through the tiny spaces in the 2k turret so it can actually go through to the rest of the barrel. As far as I can see, your a terrible liar (directed towards the maker of the thread).

Edited by ice, 05 January 2009 - 03:45 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#15 sidamazo

sidamazo

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:39 AM

Man, lots of people doin Mega Missiles now.... take after me huh?

ON topic

Great mod, but i don't understand one part, do you back load it, or front load it and then ramrod?

#16 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

"Yeah, not really. I may have forgotten to mention that the dart gets ramrodded down to right infront of the chamber. It goes through the original barrel and the 2k turret."

I guess I skipped over this bit, so I retract my comment about the people attacking the turret.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#17 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

nice mod. I did the same to mine
<picture of 2k+mm>

Is there any thing you don't have/haven't modded?
On topic: Is the barrel a telescoping barrel? Or are they the same wall thickness?
Edit: Coop, are you still getting out of nerf? It doesn't seem like it.

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 05 January 2009 - 06:05 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#18 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, I did. It still makes no sense. Let me explain to you how you have explained it to everyone else. I'm not sure if this is the way it is, but this is how everyone's interpreting it:

To Load minus the pumping part:
1) Load dart into ORIGINAL barrel.
2) Shoot. Dart goes through turret whose holes have been drilled out to fit a dart, which has also rendered their seal useless.
3) Load dart into original barrel... yada yada rinse and repeat.

So basically, you're not even using the fucking turret.

I hope to god how you explained it to everyone isn't how it actually is, becaue then you'd be fucking retarded.

#19 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, I did. It still makes no sense. Let me explain to you how you have explained it to everyone else. I'm not sure if this is the way it is, but this is how everyone's interpreting it:

To Load minus the pumping part:
1) Load dart into ORIGINAL barrel.
2) Shoot. Dart goes through turret whose holes have been drilled out to fit a dart, which has also rendered their seal useless.
3) Load dart into original barrel... yada yada rinse and repeat.

So basically, you're not even using the fucking turret.

I hope to god how you explained it to everyone isn't how it actually is, becaue then you'd be fucking retarded.

No. He's saying he loads the darts to the bottom of the turret. then ramrods the dart down the whole length of the barrel, fires, rotates the barrel ramrods THAT dart down the whole length of the barrel, fires, repeats etc etc.

It's pointless, because you still have to ramrod, and you're not going to be getting a good seal where the turret is, especially if he's telling the truth when he talks about his darts DROPPING down the barrel. Your darts should NEVER do that.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#20 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone should stop bitchn and leave himbe if he wants a retarded MM than let him.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#21 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

No. He's saying he loads the darts to the bottom of the turret. then ramrods the dart down the whole length of the barrel, fires, rotates the barrel ramrods THAT dart down the whole length of the barrel, fires, repeats etc etc.

It's pointless, because you still have to ramrod, and you're not going to be getting a good seal where the turret is, especially if he's telling the truth when he talks about his darts DROPPING down the barrel. Your darts should NEVER do that.

Thanks, now I understand. He never really explained that at all. It would have made so much more sense for him to use the turret how it's supposed to be fucking used as close to the power source as possible. All in all a complete waste of the PETG segment he uses as his actual "barrel."

Edited by TantumBull, 05 January 2009 - 07:56 PM.

#22 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

nice clean mod good job!
We have no sig.

#23 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

nice clean mod good job!

Excuse me for my rudeness (comment removed). I'll believe this isn't complete shit when I see a video of it and the way you use it, but it will more likely just prove my/our point.

Edited by ice, 06 January 2009 - 03:06 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#24 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

One. Ice, who the fuck said you can speak? Two, i'm redoing it to make it more effective, so you all the bitches in this thread will shut the fuck up. Jerm had the correct way it should look, and ice, just because someone commented a positive statement on a not so positive gun it doesn't mean you should flip a shit. Have you ever looked at any of your things? Get back to me once you decide to not be an idiot.

#25 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

One. Ice, who the fuck said you can speak? Two, i'm redoing it to make it more effective, so you all the bitches in this thread will shut the fuck up. Jerm had the correct way it should look, and ice, just because someone commented a positive statement on a not so positive gun it doesn't mean you should flip a shit. Have you ever looked at any of your things? Get back to me once you decide to not be an idiot.

Why do you guys insist of cussing on a forum? Do you think that makes you guys look big on the internet? I understand when the Admins or Mods do because, well, they can. It's their forum.
It think it looks like crap/is crap. But hey, if it works for you, then that"s all that should matter.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users