nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:24 PM

This is a snowboard video me and my friends made

click right here

Im the one in green pants

oh, and if you got a snowboard video post it up

forgot to ask if anyone has the spinning thing down. I can 10 and 360 but im still working on getting a 540

Edited by nat, 04 January 2009 - 10:12 PM.

If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#2 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

I've been riding for about eight years now. I don't think I have any videos of me from this year, but I have one somewhere from last year when I broke my jaw. I'll try to find it.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#3 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

Snowboards rule. No, videos as I have only been boarding about four times now. But I finally got my S-turns down :D . Yeah, I know, what a dope, right?
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#4 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

I been snowboarding for a year and I love it it's a blast, I just got my own snowboard and I like hitting big jumps and get big air. I recently got carving down and hit this 10 foot jump, my buddy gets 35ft of air on his skiis and 15ft on his board.
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#5 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

I been snowboarding for a year and I love it it's a blast, I just got my own snowboard and I like hitting big jumps and get big air. I recently got carving down and hit this 10 foot jump, my buddy gets 35ft of air on his skiis and 15ft on his board.

Where do you ride? I own one of the timeshare-ish things on top of Horseshoe so I'm there every weekend unless something else is gooing on.
Talio in Shoutbox.

#6 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

I do snowboard just not very often. Maybe 2 times a year. What kind of snowboard is the one you were using.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#7 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

I used to go boarding a lot in MN, but when I moved to Washington, I only get out about twice a year. I've been snowboarding for about 3 years now, and can get down most mountain slopes. I don't terrain that much because I have gymnastics meets during the winter, so I gotta be pretty careful.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#8 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:27 AM

I ride a Rome agent 149 cm

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#9 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

Where do you ride? I own one of the timeshare-ish things on top of Horseshoe so I'm there every weekend unless something else is gooing on.

Im at Mt. St Louis every weekend. Ive only been snowboarding for two years, but I guess Im OK. Im taking lessons this year, and hopefully that helps me improve.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#10 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

We snowboard at earl bales, its Bathurst and Sheppard.

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#11 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

I'm going tomorrow with my school's ski club. I've skied for 3 years, can't wait to give boarding a try.

#12 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

Snowboarding? Riding a peice of wood down a mountain at 25 mph? No thank you. I prefer water skiing, theres something other than 5 inches of snow under me to stop it hurting when I fall. Its not pretty when you hit a log though. :lol:

Edited by nerfer9, 06 January 2009 - 10:31 PM.

#13 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

Skateboards are wood. Snowboards are a different material. And "going down a mountain at mph" doesn't make sense.

#14 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

Don't diss a sport just because you don't like it, hell I doubt you've ever even tried snowboarding. If you think snow hurts in comparison to water then....I don't quite understand. IMO when you fall off your board u hit the snow and most of the time it is like a cushion, when you are going like 10mph on your water skiis and you wipeout its going to hurt more than snow. Water smacks hard.

So in short, Shut Up.

Also this is a snowboarding thread, read above.

#15 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

yeah, rails are hard too. they DO NOT get along with my ass.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#16 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

I ride goofy, and I have this problem, I can't balance on my heel-edge. I can only go toes up :(
I know a few other people with the same problem, and it kills my ankles only going toe a whole run.

But otherwise, snowboarding is pretty fun. My first ski club trip is on Thursday, to Camelback in the Poconos, can't wait :)
Timothy M-Lick <3

#17 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

I ride goofy, and I have this problem, I can't balance on my heel-edge. I can only go toes up :(
I know a few other people with the same problem, and it kills my ankles only going toe a whole run.

But otherwise, snowboarding is pretty fun. My first ski club trip is on Thursday, to Camelback in the Poconos, can't wait :unsure:

Yeah, I had the same problem. I ride regular though, so its my toe-edge.

It is indeed fun. I just got back from my first snowboard outing with my ski club. Three of us, fairly experienced skiers, switched to boarding this year. I'm the only one that didn't get seriously injured. I'm still really sore though.

#18 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

I use to board. I kinda gave up when I got too broke to pay for anything at all. No board, or anything.

Oh by the way, no matter how cool you think you are, don't use rap songs in your videos. You aren't ballin, you are snow boarding. Use indy rock.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#19 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

click right here

forgot to ask if anyone has the spinning thing down. I can 10 and 360 but im still working on getting a 540

Are you hitting the boxes with stock edges or did you file them down?
Go FUCK yourself!

#20 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

Tomorrow I'm heading to Hockley Valley for snowboarding, and my class is going up for skiing. Since they won't let me snowboard with the class, I'm giong up seperatly but just going to meet them. It should be fun, and I can't wait to see the expressions of my teachers when I should be at school doing a skiing project :D
Talio in Shoutbox.

#21 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

click right here

The board was De-tuned when I bought It.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#22 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

click right here

The board was De-tuned when I bought It.

How is the ride compared to one not de-tuned? Been thinking about de-tuning mine, but I don't want to take a file to a $500 board not knowing what the ride will be like on the rest of the mountain.
Go FUCK yourself!

#23 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

De-tuning only helps a little from catching your edge on rails. It also makes it a teany bit different while turning

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#24 Falcon god

Falcon god

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:13 AM

ok first i have tried snowboarding

but i thinkskiing is way better

then again almost every skiier i know dislikes boarding and all the boarders i know think im an idiot for preffering skiing

but u can do somuch more with skiis over jumps and but then again its easier to rail on a board

ill always preffer skiing though

#25 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:00 AM

ok first i have tried snowboarding

but i thinkskiing is way better

then again almost every skiier i know dislikes boarding and all the boarders i know think im an idiot for preffering skiing

but u can do somuch more with skiis over jumps and but then again its easier to rail on a board

ill always preffer skiing though

You need to use capitalization and punctuation in a manner that will allow us to understand what it is you are babbling about. Read the Code of Conduct. Following it is something we require from all of our members.

VACC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users