Rattler Mod

My first writeup!!!

9 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

Ok, this is my first writeup so try not to be too harsh.

First, open up the gun. It should like this
Posted Image

Next, take the plunger and dremel another hole on the side.
Posted Image

Then, take about 6 inches of 1/2" sch 40 pvc and glue and/or tape it to the top of the plunger. I reccomend using the glue.
Posted Image

Now, put it all back together, make sure evrything is in place
Posted Image

The Finished Product:
Posted Image

And that's it. Ranges are between 30 and 40 feet. Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

Edited by nerfer75, 09 March 2008 - 12:50 PM.

---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#2 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:34 PM

Why not remove that whole piece that you drilled a hole in?
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#3 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:56 PM

And add brass and a new spring if possible.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

Why not remove that whole piece that you drilled a hole in?

That white piece is the end of the plunger tube.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#5 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

Oh, I see. I never really looked into the rattler.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#6 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

Oh, the wonderful Rattler.

To get better ranges, I think you should try to drill a hole in the center of the white plunger tube instead of an additional one on the side. If possible, plug up those two holes on the side so the air will go through the center. Don't drill the hole too large, otherwise there won't be enough reinforcement to continuously stop the plunger (it will crack after a while--personal experience tells me this).

Since it is such an old gun, you might need some work on the plunger itself. Wrap the head of the plunger in Electrical Tape and then spray the tube with silicon spray. You need to wrap the plunger head neatly so it won't want to come off when you fire it. Wrap it tight and clean the plunger with soap to get rid of any trace lubricant. Wrap until it is fairly snug.

You might also want to invest in another spring. I am currently using a Servalite Spring from ACE Hardware. It has a .080 wire gauge, 11/16" outer diameter, and a length of 3.5", if i recall correctly.

This should get you up to ranges in the 50's or 60's.

Also: What kind of darts are you using with this? I'm assuming stock micros or megas.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

#7 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:16 PM

Oh, the wonderful Rattler.

To get better ranges, I think you should try to drill a hole in the center of the white plunger tube instead of an additional one on the side. If possible, plug up those two holes on the side so the air will go through the center. Don't drill the hole too large, otherwise there won't be enough reinforcement to continuously stop the plunger (it will crack after a while--personal experience tells me this).

Since it is such an old gun, you might need some work on the plunger itself. Wrap the head of the plunger in Electrical Tape and then spray the tube with silicon spray. You need to wrap the plunger head neatly so it won't want to come off when you fire it. Wrap it tight and clean the plunger with soap to get rid of any trace lubricant. Wrap until it is fairly snug.

You might also want to invest in another spring. I am currently using a Servalite Spring from ACE Hardware. It has a .080 wire gauge, 11/16" outer diameter, and a length of 3.5", if i recall correctly.

This should get you up to ranges in the 50's or 60's.

Also: What kind of darts are you using with this? I'm assuming stock micros or megas.

Alright, thanks for the advice. And yes, I was using stock micros.
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#8 colonel mcscurvey

colonel mcscurvey

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

I don't really see the point, why make a single barrel while you cn just take the ARs out of it and keep it a rapid fire gun?

#9 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

That topic was from over a year ago. The admins do not look kindly on necroing old topics. Just a heads up.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#10 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:56 PM

I don't really see the point, why make a single barrel while you cn just take the ARs out of it and keep it a rapid fire gun?

To answer your question, the Rattler isn't worth it.

The plunger is around the size of a NF's, but the turret makes a horrible seal, and has a slow air input (into the barrel, from the plunger).
Timothy M-Lick <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users