Photo

At3k Cpvc Mod?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mas Ketchup

Mas Ketchup

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

I just got bought a pair of AT3Ks on amazon.com (went down alot there now 40$. Use to be 80$. This is just for any who wants to buy them) and I'm planning on modding them. Since my dad is mad enough that I just bought a pair of guns I don't think he will let me buy any PETG. So I was wondering how hard (or easy) would it be to do a cpvc barrel replacement instead of brass or PETG barrel replacement.

Also I can't seem to find 17/32 brass at my local Home Depot. Do they sell it at Lowe's?
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#2 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

THey don't sell it at home depot or lowes. They usually don't carry it at hardware stores, most of the time, hobby shops.

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

Try Ace for brass, but I'm a little concerned by the fact that you were going to do PETG before your dad got angry and now you want to do CPVC. If your darts fit well in PETG than they won't perform well in a CPVC barreled air gun.

#4 Mas Ketchup

Mas Ketchup

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

Well actually I have never used PETG. So im not sure which fits better.

#5 bigred1rifleman

bigred1rifleman

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

I wouldn't suggest CPVC if you're making turrets over 4" out of CPVC, they're heavy enough to fall off. I have an 8" quad turreted AT2K that the barrels will become crooked if you leave it on it's side.

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:51 PM

What about CPVC? Explain to me in detail how your darts fit in it. (ie can you blow a dart through, if you hold the barrel upright will it fall out, do you have to twist the dart in, etc)

#7 Nobber

Nobber

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:31 AM

If you can't find Cpvc, use Pex. It's almost the same and pretty cheap. Also, I don't think putting the barrel in is hard, but remember that stock darts are hard to put in the Cpvc/Pex.
-You Commie! You Fascist! You anti federalist! You anarchist! You, you Walmart...
-These days, because of the energy crisis, if Santa gave me coal, I'd be happy delighted.
I'd go emo if there wasn't nerf. - DarkShrimp

#8 Mas Ketchup

Mas Ketchup

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

What about CPVC? Explain to me in detail how your darts fit in it. (ie can you blow a dart through, if you hold the barrel upright will it fall out, do you have to twist the dart in, etc)

Acutally when I use stefans I normally dont have to twist them in. Only because i dremel the end of the CPVC first.

#9 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:46 PM

Acutally when I use stefans I normally dont have to twist them in. Only because i dremel the end of the CPVC first.

That doesn't answer my question, but I think I understand what you're saying. Basicly, using those darts, your not gonna want to use CPVC on your 3K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users