17 replies to this topic

#1 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

I'm looking into buying a holster from amazon, since I got some money for Christmas to spend there. I would like to purchase an airsoft holster because as I understand it they're cheaper than real ones. I'm thinking drop-leg, as that's what most people seem to prefer. The reason I can't figure out which one my self is because nerf pistols can be a bit bulkier than airsoft sidearms. I'm not sure a big enough one exists, but preferably I'd like it to be able to hold a pistol splat in it. So, does anyone have a certain holster in mind that I can check to see if amazon carries?

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

You can always make your own. I have made a few holsters out of leather and they fit better than any you could buy. I use leather split to make my latest ones. It is probably cheaper even though it is leather. This is what I suggest. There is enough leather in that piece to make a few holsters.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

You can always make your own. I have made a few holsters out of leather and they fit better than any you could buy. I use leather split to make my latest ones. It is probably cheaper even though it is leather. This is what I suggest. There is enough leather in that piece to make a few holsters.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot if nothing else comes up. I'd prefer to order through Amazon. I have a bad feeling though that there are no pre-made holsters that will fit a pistol splat.

Edited by TantumBull, 03 January 2009 - 10:13 PM.

#4 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

The Splat is one of those guns that's a little big to be considered a standard sidearm for many, but if you're looking to holster it your best bet is to make your own since it has irregular dimensions and odd shapes to it. Alternatively, if you want something that's not so DIY I'd recommend UTG since that's what I've been using for my drop leg holster; they're incredibly well made and durable as hell.

They do make drop leg holsters for things like Mini Uzis and such, and they appear to be slightly larger than a standard drop leg holster. You could try them, but I'm not sure on the actual product dimensions. You might even have to do some modifying of the actual material here to fit a Pistol Splat. Here's a link to the Amazon store.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

Thanks. While I was searching I did come across the uzi holsters, but they looked a little box shaped. I guess I'm gonna have to take a shot at a homemade, or maybe I'll just stick to my NF as a sidearm rather than my pistol splat. I guess I'm off to instructables to figure out how to fuck with leather.

#6 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:36 PM

Another material you might use is felt. It's readily available in ~8.5x11" sheets for around a quarter each at craft stores. It also comes in lots of different colors. I've used hot glue on the stuff before (on my darts) and it has a fairly good bond since the fabric is so porous. Just an idea...
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

Go to airsoftgi.com

Go into "Gear" then "Holsters" on the navigation tray thingy on the left.

Look for the Tornado holster. Its 30 bucks, but it uses velcro to be shape able for any size pistol. Personally, I use it for a M93R, which is a pretty bulky pistol.

If not, look for a MP7 holster, which is probably perfect for a maxshot, probably even splatomatic, or whatever.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

Another material you might use is felt. It's readily available in ~8.5x11" sheets for around a quarter each at craft stores. It also comes in lots of different colors. I've used hot glue on the stuff before (on my darts) and it has a fairly good bond since the fabric is so porous. Just an idea...

I would have to disagree with using foam as a main material. It's not strong enough to hold itself together during a war. Maybe if it were to be wrapped in duct tape...

Which is what I recommend. ;o) Duct tape wrapped around a coat hanger with strap on the parts that need to be durable (get the cheapest one at your local fabric store... probably no more than .50c/ft).
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#9 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

Okay, thank you for the input, everyone. I guess the bottom line is I need to be a little creative.

#10 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

I would have to disagree with using foam as a main material.

I said felt, not foam. I know that foam would be too weak, which is why I suggested a fabric. The stuff is a little stretchy, but otherwise pretty strong.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Actually, my Splat fits perfectly in a right hand power drill holster. I have two that I was going to use for TTGs, but the Splat fits just as well. I may mod it with an extra tie or something on the bottom, to keep it from flopping around when I run.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#12 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

Actually, my Splat fits perfectly in a right hand power drill holster. I have two that I was going to use for TTGs, but the Splat fits just as well. I may mod it with an extra tie or something on the bottom, to keep it from flopping around when I run.

Could we get a picture of this? I've been looking for a holster for my TTG with no luck.

trans as shit because fuck you

#13 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

Could we get a picture of this? I've been looking for a holster for my TTG with no luck.

Yeah, if you really want one, I will. But I have two different brands of standard construction type drill holster, and they both fit TTGs and Splats very well. Just go to Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, ACE, True Value, hell... Pretty much any tool store. They are usually available in leather, sometimes also in nylon. Here is what Home Depot's website shows.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#14 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

Yeah, if you really want one, I will. But I have two different brands of standard construction type drill holster, and they both fit TTGs and Splats very well. Just go to Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, ACE, True Value, hell... Pretty much any tool store. They are usually available in leather, sometimes also in nylon. Here is what Home Depot's website shows.

Oh, I get what you're talking about now. I'll be sure to look when I go to the hardware store again.

trans as shit because fuck you

#15 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Thank you, Draconis. I as well will be looking into those.

#16 goongala

goongala

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:41 AM

Has anyone ever tried duct tape? I have made holsters and pouches using only duct tape (and velcro to keep them closed). It's cheap and durable, if you make them right.

Posted Image

Edited by goongala, 15 January 2009 - 01:16 AM.

#17 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

Pretty much EVERYONE has tried duct tape for holsters, you know...

Tantumbull, hang tight on this. There's a custom-built made-for-the-Pistolsplat holster in the works. Details to follow.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#18 MOD FREAK

MOD FREAK

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

This was posted at a small slowly growing NERF forum I'm am proudly an admin at: http://thenerffreaks...holster-t12.htm
QUOTE(Boss18 @ Mar 27 2009, 02:51 PM) View Post

You stabbed your ding dong with an X-acto knife?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users