Photo

Rps-1 Pistol

2 replies to this topic

#1 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

So I have been working in homemades for a while, because I find making them more satisfying than modifying guns. I have made a rifle, long range weapon, shotgun, and now was looking to make a good sidearm. I wanted a solid design that would give me good ranges when I ran across this. It seemed to be perfect, so I decided to try a reverse plunger design of my own. Carrtoon owns a lathe, so a lot of the fitting of my project needed to be done via sanding. It's nice that it can be made with a dremel, drill, and other simple tools. Much of the credit for this goes to Cartoon and his design. Without further adieu, the pistol:
Posted Image
This is it when cocked:
Posted Image
The view from where you load the darts (through the back, then put the cap back on):
Posted Image
If this is confusing, see Carrtoon's pistol.
Finally, a size comparison to a NF:
Posted Image

I will post pictures of the plunger later if people are interested. Also, I might post a write up, but not for some time because school is almost back for me. Ranges are stupendous, because there is literally no dead space. I'd say about the range of my Snap (90 feet flat).

EDIT-- RPS stands for Reverse Plunger Sidearm

Edited by UpperHand, 15 January 2009 - 04:40 PM.

My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#2 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

Nice size and functionality!

Would it be possible to tell us the size of fittings you used, and give us a picture of your plunger head? Also, do you have a problem with the nail catching on your spring? That was a problem Carrtoon had with the Tec-9 (and that I noticed on the couple of times I got to fire it).
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#3 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

Here's a picture of the plunger head:
Posted Image
The nail slides over the endcap on the far left of the plunger head (the piece to the right of the spring) and locks behind it.
Here's a closer view:
Posted Image
I used a method of putting O-rings inbetween 3/4" couplers, all over a 3/4" piece of pipe. This works very well for my purposes. The chamber is 1 1/4" PVC pipe, with a 1 1/4" coupler holding a 1 1/4" by 1/2" PVC coupler on the front.

EDIT: The barrel is CPVC, and I have not had any major problems of the nail catching on the spring yet.

Edited by UpperHand, 02 January 2009 - 01:55 PM.

My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users