Antique Roadshow

Nerf guns?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

If you dont already know, antique roadshow is where people bring in old things that they are unsure the price of and experts give them an estimate of the price.Now what im wondering is, has anyone brought a nerf gun into Antiques Roadshow?
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#2 Spartan 117

Spartan 117

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

I really don't think so, I mean is ANY Nerf gun really old enough to be an antique? Most people don't think plastic toys from 10 years ago to be that valuable.
The enrichment center reminds you that the weighted companion cube cannot speak. In the event that it does speak, we urge you to disregard it's advice.

#3 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

I've actually found some nerf guns in antique stores. Not everything there is an antique though, I also found the infamous C-3PO boner trading card in there once.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#4 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

I do believe that there is a certain # of years that an item must have survived to be considered an antique. I'm not sure the Company/Brand nerf has been in production for any products they've ever made to be considered an antique.
They are collectibles yes. But collectibles have a very volatile value. Look at Beanie Babies, some that sold for $200+ can now be found on the shelf at value village with their protective tags on and everything for 1.99.

It takes years before you have value just because your old. And that is basically what you get when you have an antique.

So I don't think they would let you in if you came to the antique roadshow with a box of nerf guns.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#5 aamiller321

aamiller321

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

Blacksunshine: They'd let you IN antiques roadshow if you bought a display ticket for $195 (give or take price when they swung by Wichita) but I doubt they'd value the nerf guns at much and you could probably scratch all chances of being on T.V.
QUOTE(sidamazo @ Nov 20 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

y the hell r u here?
Challenge me
QUOTE(CoasterDynamix757 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:29 AM) View Post

Ice, is it your time of the month again?

#6 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

I don't know about the lack of modern stuff you guys speak of. I've seen alot of semi modern stuff, the other week they had a person with a bigmoth billy bass. Ive also seen alot of recently dated prints, which are replica paintings for those who didn't know.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#7 CyberPunkGunner

CyberPunkGunner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiques

It says "craftsmanship", which I do not think mass produced plastic can be considered. Nerf is most definitely collector items, but even things straight off the shelf are collector items. Examples: Furby in 1998, Beanie Babies in 1997-1999 and 12" GI Joe's currently being made and shipped across the US.

I would love to see someone show up with a Nerf gun just to see what the price range would be. I still think the person presenting it is a complete shmuck, but that is neither here nor there to this rather poorly thought out question.
You were born a winner
You were the fastest sperm.

#8 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

In order to be a true antique, the item has to be over 100 years old. Just to let you guys know.
So nerf guns will barely even scratch the surface of being antiques, although I think you guys covered that already.

Edited by maseman__46, 04 January 2009 - 07:54 PM.

The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#9 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

You are a dumbshit.
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#10 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

You are a dumbshit.

Agreed.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#11 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

I'm not going to close this thread, as fucking ridiculous as it is. I am using this as an experiment. The next person to post in this thread, and anyone dumb enough to do so after them, will be banned. Consider this a learning experience. It SHOULD demonstrate that people who continue to keep stupid topics alive are worse than original offender. You were warned.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users