Photo

Oh My God Mcdonalds.

A discussion about McDonalds or other fast food chains.

35 replies to this topic

#1 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

Hello people that don't want to talk about nerf related stuff. This topic is about McDonalds. You can say anything you want about McDonalds, jut please don't get off topic.
Why don't they have the decency(sp) to list all of the ingredients in their foods? All I want to know is if there is poop in my Big Mac, or are my french fries cooked in Partially Hydrogenated Oil. Partially Hydrogenated Oils are trans fat. Can't they make the food a little healthier? all I'm really asking for is less than 10% of my daily fats come from one of your burgers. Who cares if the food doesn't taste the same in EVERY SINGLE MCDONALDS restaurant in the country! You can let the food taste good and be healthier at the same time right? I am currently in a boycott of McDonalds.

Edited by m14, 02 January 2009 - 09:26 AM.

I believe in the true lord Joseph Stalin. Problem?

#2 Spartan 117

Spartan 117

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

This topic is pretty useless, but I always like talking crap about McDonalds. If you guys haven't seen Supersize Me, I would highly recommend it. It goes deep on how McDonalds can harm your body.
The enrichment center reminds you that the weighted companion cube cannot speak. In the event that it does speak, we urge you to disregard it's advice.

#3 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

This topic is for talking crap about McDonalds, or talking about their coolness. Whichever you want to. By the way Spartan: where do you think I can find that movie?

#4 Spartan 117

Spartan 117

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

I just found it at my local Blockbuster under documentaries.
The enrichment center reminds you that the weighted companion cube cannot speak. In the event that it does speak, we urge you to disregard it's advice.

#5 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

blockbuster, netflix?
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#6 loni

loni

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:15 AM

I actually work at McDonalds, I hate it, but just so you know, the food may be un-healthy, but we clean the place alot. So there will be no poop in your big macs. Just so you all know.

-Loni

Edited by loni, 02 January 2009 - 12:16 AM.

"I don't nerf to see who is the best, I nerf to see who is the biggest bitch"

#7 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:20 AM

And why on Earth would we not want to talk about Nerf on a fucking Nerf forum?
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#8 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:23 AM

Because this is in off topic.

I always found myself as a burger king man. I don't really go to Mcdonald's that much, and I prefer BK over MD. And I don't want to forced to love their food, I want to have it my way and not be brainwashed by a crazy clown!

Edited by deadshooter711, 02 January 2009 - 12:56 PM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#9 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:26 AM

Why don't they have the decency(sp) to list all of the ingredients in their foods?
Can't they make the food a little healthier?
You can let the food taste good and be healthier at the same time right?
I am currently in a boycott of McDonalds.

I think I can answer a few of these.

First of all, McDonalds won't list all their ingredients and make their food more healthy because they don't need to. McDonalds is a huge business, and they have enough costumers who don't care about the stated issues. If they lose enough customers over issues like this, they will change or fear losing their business. McDonalds is simply provinding a product that the people desire. Why waste money when most of your customers are still eating your food the way it is. Sure, McDonalds isn't blame free, but this whole mess with fast food and obesity isn't to be blamed squarely on McDonalds and other like corporations.

They could make food healthier and still taste good, but now it doesn't make any sense for their business. When the majority of customers really want healthier foods, fast food corporations will be forced to change their food. This is when public awareness comes into play. Supersize Me, which spartan 117 mentions, alerted the public to the hazards of eating too much McDonalds, and ultimately that supersizing could be deadly. The end result was that McDonalds removed its supersize after people became aware of what it could do.

McDonalds has begun to cave slightly. They are starting to offer some items that aren't as bad (an example would be the apple dippers and milk for the kids menu) If more people become concerned and pressure McDonalds and other fast food chains, healthier foods should apear on the menus. Fast food, or any other business, cannot ever afford the colapse of their consumer base.

I in no way believe that McDonalds is fine to eat all the time. I am not advocating or supporting them, I just looked at what McDonalds would do and what could influence that. I don't care for what other choose to do conscerning (sp) their daily food selection and consumption.

Oh, and good luck on the boycott.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#10 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:35 AM

Much of McDonald's food is high in fat and calories. What else do you expect from ground beef and fried potatoes? Make them at home yourself and there won't be much difference.

Are you guys ready for a shocker? I lost twenty pounds in two and a half months eating at McDonald's at least once per day (often twice a day). The movie "Supersize Me" is one of the worst "Mockumentaries" that has ever been foisted upon mankind (right up there with "An Inconvenient Truth").

I don't care what you're eating, if you drive around in a car all day and then eating unnecessarily large portions at each meal, you are going to have serious health problems. If I drove around all day and then ate at Subway or Denny's or wherever three times a day and ate the largest meal they provided, of course I'm going to have health problems.

If you even have only a moderate exercise program in your routine, eating a value meal at McDonald's two or three times per week isn't going to cause that many problems. Do you know what the worst thing on the McDonald's menu for you is? COCA-COLA! Why don't you go get mad at the coca-cola company for selling drugs in their soft drinks?

And finally, McDonald's does list all their ingredients. The back of many of their tray liners have nutrition information, and even if that isn't entirely complete, their web-site has everything you need to know. Boycott McDonald's all you want; all you're doing is contributing to the recession.

Edited by imaseoulman, 02 January 2009 - 12:35 AM.

#11 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:44 AM

1. This topic is a bit pointless.

2. I worked at McDonald's for a few months. It was a tremendously dark, disheartening experience. Working there is horrible; the workers are treated as just another product. Also, I worked with a number of psychotic, chain-smoking grannies, a manager who had a mullet and a pie fetish, and a retarded fellow. You get the picture.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#12 Spartan 117

Spartan 117

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

Imaseoulman, you cannot deny how terrible fast food is for you. It isn't just weight, some people seem to have the illusion that fast food ONLY puts weight on you. The facts PROVE and the studies CLEARLY show that it can pickle your liver, cause Diabetes, cause blood clots, raise your cholesterol, and more. Also don't forget about the sugar, OH THE SUGAR. Why would you even bring up the caffeine. Caffeine is so commonly used one could even not consider it a drug, let alone a harmful drug.
The moral of this kiddies is that eating McDonalds often wont JUST make you put on a few pounds, but can seriously damage your health.

#13 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

This is a Failtopic. But just to make it less fail, I want to know if anyone knows if McDonalds at some point offered nerf guns as part of their happy meals.
Indiana '11

#14 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

Because this is in off topic.

I always found myself as a burger king man. I don't really go to Mcdonald's that much, and I prefer BK over MD.

Burger king? Wendy's is where it's at.

trans as shit because fuck you

#15 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

Fuck this thread.

Fast Food will never be good for you. Of course if you exercise and eat a stabled diet you won't get fat.

#16 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:06 AM

If you're stupid enough to eat McDonald's 24-7, you deserve the health problems.

People who get fat off of fast food have no one to blame but themselves.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#17 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:38 AM

This is a Failtopic. But just to make it less fail, I want to know if anyone knows if McDonalds at some point offered nerf guns as part of their happy meals.

No, but Sonic did have SSPB knock-offs maybe 5 years ago.
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

#18 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:25 AM

I always found myself as a burger king man. I don't really go to Mcdonald's that much, and I prefer BK over MD.

Jack In The Box FTW!!!

Do you know what the worst thing on the McDonald's menu for you is? COCA-COLA! Why don't you go get mad at the coca-cola company for selling drugs in their soft drinks?

If you ever go to Russia, never ask for a coke, its got cocaine in it, or so I am told. Hmm....Russian coke.... :D

#19 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

I remember McDonalds having some nerf happy meal toy, although I'm positive it wasn't a nerf gun. I think
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#20 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:11 AM

I actually work at McDonalds, I hate it, but just so you know, the food may be un-healthy, but we clean the place alot. So there will be no poop in your big macs. Just so you all know.

-Loni

That is very interesting. I think it's good that they clean alot. Just so you know, the poop gets into the meat at the meatpacking plants.

#21 Connor

Connor

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:11 AM

Hello people that don't want to talk about nerf related stuff. This topic is about McDonalds. You can say anything you want about McDonalds, jut please don't get off topic.
Why don't they have the decency(sp) to list all of the ingredients in their foods? All I want to know is if there is poop in my Big Mac, or are my french fries cooked in Partially Hydrogenated Oil. Partially Hydrogenated Oils are trans fat. Can't they make the food a little healthier? all I'm really asking for is less than 10% of my daily fats come from one of your burgers. Who cares if the food doesn't taste the same in EVERY SINGLE MCDONALDS restaurant in the country! You can let the food taste good and be healthier at the same time right? I am currently in a boycott of McDonalds.

1. Read the CoC and you well see that the name of you topic should not have AIM style talking in it. ( OMG )

2. This is too off topic for off topic and has nothing to do with nerf what so ever, And I hope this is closed or removed.

Edit - And now your talking about poop!! WTF??

Edited by Connor, 02 January 2009 - 09:12 AM.

Opinions are like Assholes, Everyone has one.

F_A 24 is the KING of nerf.

#22 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:19 AM

Imaseoulman, you cannot deny how terrible fast food is for you. It isn't just weight, some people seem to have the illusion that fast food ONLY puts weight on you. The facts PROVE and the studies CLEARLY show that it can pickle your liver, cause Diabetes, cause blood clots, raise your cholesterol, and more. Also don't forget about the sugar, OH THE SUGAR. Why would you even bring up the caffeine. Caffeine is so commonly used one could even not consider it a drug, let alone a harmful drug.
The moral of this kiddies is that eating McDonalds often wont JUST make you put on a few pounds, but can seriously damage your health.

To add on to that: The high amounts of trans fat in their foods siffens(sp) your arteries(sp).

#23 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:21 AM

Dude. This is in the section called OFF TOPIC. We don't have to talk about Nerf here.

#24 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

Burger king? Wendy's is where it's at.

Ha, Go a&w
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#25 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

I don't really like Mc. Dick's. A few months abck I was heading to a lacrosse practice and had tos top for dinner, and this rotten rat infested place was the only one nearby. I order a chicken burger expecting it to be somewhat nutritous, and I end up with mud all over the lettuce(I hope it was mud...). I ask if they can get me one that's clean and what do they say?... they tell me I planted it there so I can have two burgers.

They only time I'll ever go there is if I'm in a rush, or with friends, but I will only order fries(their supposed to be the healtiest out of all the fast food chains).
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users