Photo

Nightfinder Manta Ray Mod

28 replies to this topic

#1 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

Hey guy's , me and xbox180 just modded the Nightfinder to make it look like the old Mantaray.
Posted Image

We inserted a flashlight were the old light used to be on one of the Nightfinders.
Posted Image

It took about 3 hours to make but it is absolutely worth it

#2 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:07 PM

Nice job. Is the pvc/cpvc to make it stable, or to make a straight handle for comfort?

Edited by deadshooter711, 31 December 2008 - 09:07 PM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#3 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:08 PM

It was just for comfort.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

I like the slant you have, most Manta NF's are straight, unlike the original. Good job.

#5 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

Thank you.

#6 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

I like the slant you have, most Manta NF's are straight, unlike the original. Good job.

One of the reasons that we slanted it was because it just fits our hands better.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#7 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

It hit's about 75 feet flat for both of the Nightfinders and probably 100 angled

Edited by esCassets, 31 December 2008 - 09:17 PM.

#8 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

It hit's about 75 feet flat for both of the Nightfinders and probably 100 angled

Those ranges seem rather high. Unless you do some really beefy springs in there. What you got in this baby? I also like the split you made with the gun going inwards. Interesting take on the original as Blue said. Also what weights for stefans are you using to get these such good ranges?
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#9 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

Theres a total of three Nightfinder Springs in each of the guns but its pretty hard to cock Plus we banded the plunger rod so it shoots faster and harder. The weights of the washers we were using in the stefans were size 8 washers

Edited by esCassets, 31 December 2008 - 10:40 PM.

#10 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:45 PM

Theres a total of three Nightfinder Springs in each of the guns but its pretty hard to cock Plus we banded the plunger rod so it shoots faster and harder. The weights of the washers we were using in the stefans were size 8 washers

Thats freakish. I was modding my cousin's night finder an with a dtb and NF spring in it, and a cpvc barrel. We hit about ninety feet. When his account I will have him upload it. It was insane, but was acurately tested with a hundred foot tape, so i can tell you it was real. He was so proud it hit farther than my BBBB spring Ls. I showed him who was who with my +bow though...

#11 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:50 PM

Thats freakish. I was modding my cousin's night finder an with a dtb and NF spring in it, and a cpvc barrel. We hit about ninety feet. When his account I will have him upload it. It was insane, but was acurately tested with a hundred foot tape, so i can tell you it was real. He was so proud it hit farther than my BBBB spring Ls. I showed him who was who with my +bow though...

Was it angled?

#12 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:09 PM

Ranting bullshit...

Was it angled?

I have reason to believe your both liars. 3 nf springs will not fit together correctly to be able to compress in an NF, and there's no way your hitting 90' (flat) with just an NF and DTB spring + cpvc barrel. I have an NF, DTB and cross fire spring in my nightfinder, which also has a cpvc barrel, and it hits no more then 60 flat with good stefans.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#13 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:12 PM

Ranting bullshit...

Was it angled?

I have reason to believe your both liars. 3 nf springs will not fit together correctly to be able to compress in an NF, and there's no way your hitting 90' (flat) with just an NF and DTB spring + cpvc barrel. I have an NF, DTB and cross fire spring in my nightfinder, which also has a cpvc barrel, and it hits no more then 60 flat with good stefans.

I hit 75 feet (flat) with the springs not 90.

#14 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

Wait a second, throwing the gun doesn't count. A foam projectile has to come out of some sort of barrel.

No, but all jokes Aside Xtremejump thats bullshit, a dtb spring isnt that strong.
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#15 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

I swear the NF's both hit 75 flat

#16 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:30 PM

Highly doubt that. I won't believe it till I see proof or a vid and proper range tests. Also, I have a Nitefinder with a #49 spring and PETG barrels. That gets 60'-70' depending on the stefan and how I shoot it.

#17 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:32 PM

Im sorry I do not have a video camera but I have a regular camera that takes photos. You don't have to belive me I just thought it would be cool to share my success.

Edited by esCassets, 31 December 2008 - 11:35 PM.

#18 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:34 AM

Theres a total of three Nightfinder Springs in each of the guns

That's impossible. Please explain.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#19 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

I had a NF with an ace 49 spring, plunger tube extension and 7 bands, and that got 75 on a good day with a good dart. There is NO way you are getting 75ft with these, end of story. It is a cool idea, I have to make me one of these some day soon.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#20 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:29 PM

How old are your NF's, Because if they are brand new its very possible that they could hit 75 feet
NerfGrassHopper
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

#21 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

There's no way to get a NF to cock with three springs in it. Because they're all the same diameter, they compress on each other, making their total compressed length three times as long as a single spring. I couldn't fit two NF springs in.

I'm calling bullshit. The way to add springs is to layer them, so they're all on different circumferences around the plunger rod.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#22 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

That is very much possible. Even though all NF's have the same internals, for some reason some recieve higher ranges than others. I have had 4 NF's, same mods on all of them, new spring, removed AR's, added a brass barrel...etc. One of which hits low 80's, Mid 70's and the other 2 get around 60.

#23 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

Ranting bullshit...

Was it angled?

I fuckking swear the gun hits that far. I know because it fucking pissed me off when it beat my lonshot. I never said flat. It was angled. I will have him get a video up as soon as possible. Might be more in the summer time for the fact that he dosen't have a 100 foot tape. I will show you, although it might have been more of an eighty-five, but still the gun kicked ass.

#24 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

That is very much possible. Even though all NF's have the same internals, for some reason some recieve higher ranges than others. I have had 4 NF's, same mods on all of them, new spring, removed AR's, added a brass barrel...etc. One of which hits low 80's, Mid 70's and the other 2 get around 60. Start purchasing NF's by the gross and you'll see how they are all recieve different ranges.

#25 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

That is very much possible. Even though all NF's have the same internals, for some reason some recieve higher ranges than others. I have had 4 NF's, same mods on all of them, new spring, removed AR's, added a brass barrel...etc. One of which hits low 80's, Mid 70's and the other 2 get around 60. Start purchasing NF's by the gross and you'll see how they are all recieve different ranges.

Thank you! I have a bungie that I have not included in the pictures.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users