I have seen pictures of the internals and externals of the PS-800 and these guns are almost exactly the same. One of the only differences is that on the Wipeout pistol, there is a sight where on the Pistol Splat you load paintballs. The Wipeout is such an exact copy that is still has the breech that loads paintballs on the PS-800 under the iron sights!
I tested the gun out stock with the little chalk darts and it shot pretty hard. I tried with CDT's and got amazing results. The thing shot pretty damn hard for being bone stock. I also put my palm over the barrel and then shot. It had a fucking perfect seal, the plunger actually stopped! Needless to say I was confounded.
Then I modded it. Here comes the write-up. Prepare yourself for awesomeness.
First take a plier wrench to the iron sight. Twist hard.
Remove the sight and don't throw it away unless you don't plan on using it later. I kept mine.
Now rip off the ammo holders. I used beefy wire cutters.
Take a dremel to the purple ring which is what's left of the ammo holders. Use a sanding drum and top when you can see the actual shell. Then just rip off the ring.
Remove the screws and open 'er up. The things circled in red go in your parts bin. The long rod circled in red moves the stock barrel to open the breech for the paintballs in the Pistol Splat version of this blaster. The other thing circled is the stock barrel. The thing circled in green is the trigger lock. You can take that out if you want to. I kept mine so I don't accidentally shoot while I'm priming the gun.
Remove the plunger tube. Put the spring that falls out into your parts bin. By removing that you can't dry fire the gun anymore. The PT is shown next to the plunger head. DO NOT widen the hole in the plunger tube for better airflow unless you are also modding the plunger head. If you widen it the circular nub on the plunger head will go threw the hole and the rest of the plunger head will become deformed over time.
Start attacking the rubber piece on the tip of the PT. The following are the tools I used. I also used sandpaper for the last stage of removal.
Start jamming a screw driver in between the rubber and the plastic. Rip off what you loosened with the pliers.
At various points I also used the knife. Continue until it looks like the following.
I then used the phillips head screwdriver to scrape off excess rubber. Then sand it 'till the rubber's 99% gone.
Now glue/epoxy on a CPVC coupler. For some reason I forgot to take a picture of this step. It really isn't that difficult. Just be sure it's centered on the PT.
Dremel down the front of the shell where the coupler will now be. Be careful not to dremel the plastic that holds back the PT too much. I also dremeled down parts of the actual coupler because I didn't want to take too much off of the shell.
Apply excessive silicone grease, or another plastic friendly grease, to the plunger head, the inside of the PT, and the sides of the plunger the come into contact with the shell. This will greatly improve performance. Now put everything back into the shell.
As you can see I also cut off the part the orange barrel piece used to be attached to.
Screw it all back together and you have a beastly sidearm.
Edited by TantumBull, 31 December 2008 - 06:18 PM.