Fully Functioning Comfy Arm Mounted Blaster

I was bored, so...

15 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:25 PM

So, yesterday, I was rather bored, and had a friend from school over, and he asked me to show him some of the stuff I modify and tools I use, etc. So I was showing him, going through my bins of many unfinished projects, when he picked up an air tank from a titan and asked what it was. I told him, and then went on to think what I could do with the tank, cause I didn't know I had it. I proceeded to build this.

Posted Image

Without barrel.

Posted Image

It's made from 3 inch PVC for moving over the arm roughly a foot long, with an additional 7 or so inches cut out of the end half way. The titan was wrapped in FBR, and squeased into a 3 inch thin wall piece of PVC, which was then fitted into the half cut piece of 3 inch PVC, which was a tight fit, but it worked, leaving about 2.7 inches of space between the two were only half pipe is located. This it for finger comfort so there not squished inside the shell. Then, the only pump I could find was from a big salvo, so that was connected to the titan tubing and hot glued to the out side shell facing inward.

Posted Image

The other side

Posted Image

Then, I glued two AR remains to the firing pin of the titan, for comfort on trigger pull (if you can call it a trigger).

Posted Image

And see, no squished fingers. This is the relaxed position.
Posted Image

This is the pulled position, in which the air would release.
Posted Image

Full product with singled barrel attachment.

Posted Image

I plan on making scatter barrel attachments, and am looking to buy a stock barrel so I can still fire the rocket.

EDIT: Whipped up a scatter attachment real quick. Makes it actually some what practical in wars were there's time to reload it (like with a big group) but I don't plan on using it in a war (seriously, maybe just for fun) as that was not it's purpose. Anyway, this is it now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And I agree with what some of your brought up, would make a great costume prop (when painted and cleaned up).

Edited by ice, 30 December 2008 - 09:24 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

When you have your arm in there, do you have anything to grab on to other than the titan trigger? I made an arm cannon for halloween, but it does not shoot darts (just for looks). I put a bolt through the middle for a handle. It seems to me that you would need a handle for support while you pump it.

Edited by Captain, 30 December 2008 - 07:31 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#3 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:33 PM

I think the only real point of an arm-mounted gun is to allow the user to have another shot, but still be able to hold a blaster in that hand. Still, this has to be one of the most badass things I have seen ever. It would be a great base for a cool Halloween costume.

I'd be a little worried about the AR pins holding up, though. What gun are they from?

Edited by Ubermensch, 30 December 2008 - 07:34 PM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#4 Connor

Connor

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

Nice Mod but if your running and your arms are swinging. You will pull the Pin back and the Air comes out. You need to make it to wear you can hold on to something else, then move your fingers on the the Pin. But cool mod By the way.
Opinions are like Assholes, Everyone has one.

F_A 24 is the KING of nerf.

#5 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

Could be pretty neat with a lot of cosmetic work. I'll give you a stock barrel on Saturday.

Edited by Splitlip, 30 December 2008 - 07:47 PM.

Teehee.

#6 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

When you have your arm in there, do you have anything to grab on to other than the titan trigger? I made an arm cannon for halloween, but it does not shoot darts (just for looks). I put a bolt through the middle for a handle. It seems to me that you would need a handle for support while you pump it.

No, I have nothing to hold on to, but I don't find I need it. It's very sturdy as is if I press me thumb and top of my hand in the PVC, it holds firmly, as it's pretty tight to my arm/hand.

I'd be a little worried about the AR pins holding up, though. What gun are they from?

Rapid fire shotgun, supported with hot glue. There very sturdy.

Nice Mod but if your running and your arms are swinging. You will pull the Pin back and the Air comes out. You need to make it to wear you can hold on to something else, then move your fingers on the the Pin. But cool mod By the way.

Thanks, and really, this is not a war weapon at all, just a fun gun. I;ve been making a lot of fun guns lately, cause I don't buy parts for them, I just use what ever I happen to find in my basement.

Could be pretty neat with a lot of cosmetic work. I'll give you a stock barrel on Saturday.

I agree, it needs smoothing out and cleaning up, but it only took about an hour to build, including thinking time. And much appreciated. I will be bringing this to the war, so you can check it out there.

Edited by ice, 30 December 2008 - 07:53 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#7 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

I have just one thing to say... SAMUS!!!

#8 Jaymel1989

Jaymel1989

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

It's totally awesome. I like the concept of the whole thing. It would be awesome to see a vid of it in action.
~When life hands you lemons. Mod the fuck out of it so it can get 100' flat. also do a apple intergratation to it. it looks nice and adds accuracy~ Jaymel1989

#9 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

Maybe you could make it war practical by having a mav on each side, and find a way to work the triggers from the inside. Therefore having a weapon with more than 1 shot.

Or maybe doing a turret mod like this...
Kick ass

And some spikes on the side. Great gun.

#10 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

I love seeing stuff like this.

Projects where the creator makes something incredibly cool just by experimenting with parts are just really cool. If it isn't war practical, who cares? Sometimes taking a break from clean cut, complex, war functional guns is fun....Plus that things looks frickin' cool.

Edited by A side of nerf, 30 December 2008 - 08:51 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#11 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

First post updated.
Muker

#12 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

Ice is making a robot suit!!!! everyone be afraid, be very afraid!!

Posted Image
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#13 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:14 AM

Paint it blue and call it the Megabuster. Fuck yeah.

Here's your decal:

Posted Image

#14 CapnTac

CapnTac

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

Awesome job! This thing is a beast. I also thought of Metroid Prime (the videogame series that Samus is in) when I saw this. Now you just need to paint it. It looks like it would become rather uncomfortable after wearing it for a prolonged period of time. Is this true?
QUOTE(NerfRogue83 @ Apr 1 2009, 05:58 PM) View Post

You really need to pick what suites you best, and check your spelling.

#15 Ner Commando

Ner Commando

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

That is one totally sick mod. Maybe if you have a TON of time on your hands you could make an iron man suit. Boy that would be the day. Congrats on that sweet mod dude.

#16 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

This is so Iron Man, Im not a Iron Man junkie, but that looks so much like a arm cannon, Because the titan, and stuff
NerfGrassHopper
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users