so without further adieu here's my first mod. Ill do better pics later when I get a better camera (using my cell phone camera at the moment)
LS front gun:
1 piece of polycarbonate approx 6" x 10"
something to cut the polycarbonate
5/32 drill bit
I just got done tearing apart the front gun for my LS and had the parts strewn about my desk, and my brand new Recon lying on here also, and while I was browsing the forums figuring out what to do to it i realized nobody likes them. That's understandable, I only bought it for the looks, and the attachments for my Vulcan.
but I saw the LS front gun grip, and thought... Hmmm that would look great on the recon as a pump. and so, 2 hrs later, some hot glue, some epoxy a few pieces of polycarbonate and some screws here's the result:
I had to put 2 pieces of the poly as spacers in the grip to accommodate the width of the barrel, so I had to use some long screws, luckily the screws from the back of the ls front gun were about an inch in length and they worked excellent, I had to drill 2 holes in the poly spacers in order to get the grip to fit properly but it worked well. those spacers also became an excellent slide base (or top depending on your perspective) for the grip against the bottom rail of the barrel.
I shaved down some of the raised pieces of the grip in order to accommodate the poly pieces that connect to the slide (along with the stud that slides through the front gun body). and epoxied a 10" by 1" piece of poly to that area I just prepared and reinforced it with some hot-glue.
I then cocked the Recon, and put the completed fore grip against the barrel, exactly where it was going to go and all the way back so its in the fully primed position. During this time its easiest to have the sides of the slider off and working with them individually. I then drew an outline around the poly pieces and taped them to the slide. then using a very small drill bit, I drilled 3 holes per side, and using the screws from the body of the LS front gun I fastened the slide, and the grip. make sure that you use some of the shorter screws so that the screws don't scrape against the side of the body of the gun. On the side that has all the warnings I had to shave the letters off with the knife in order for the slide to fit nicely, also on both sides there is a fake "screw" on the slide that I had to cut off in order for the poly pieces to fit properly.
After that its a small task of putting everything back together and testing it out.
this mod was made to be removable, I was originally going to epoxy the poly pieces straight to the slide, then I decided against it because I figure I would want to paint it, or work on it later (possibly put the stock reinforcement mod/spring mod I saw earlier in)
anyways there ya go! my first mod submitted for everyone.
Edited by Raven2049, 27 December 2008 - 10:41 PM.