Photo

My School Has A Nerf Team

29 replies to this topic

#1 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:06 AM

I'm a Senior in high school. Anyways, after months of harassing the school, our Nerf team is now an official school team. I'm the co-captain and I couldn't be happier right now.

Does/Did your school have a Nerf club or team or anything like that?

#2 xeorogue

xeorogue

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:09 AM

I'm a Senior in high school. Anyways, after months of harassing the school, our Nerf team is now an official school team. I'm the co-captain and I couldn't be happier right now.

Sadly I am no longer in Highschool. Members should take note of what he did. GOT OUT AND NERFED. Not only that but he started a club/team in his school. Way to take the initiative man. Good looks.
QUOTE(Salindin_Naz @ Feb 14 2009, 12:33 AM) View Post
I can do anything you want. ...I'm almost certain I can make you happy.
Salindin

#3 Knud-Hansen

Knud-Hansen

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:35 AM

I sort of did something similar. I am the head of Goucher College's nerf games (not including HvZ, other people take care of that). On Saturdays we gather in the woods and play for hours upon hours, a whole lot of fun.

We actually were challenged by Upitt last semester, and they drove 6 hours to play us. It was about 70 people and could not have been more Effeminate.

So yes, whether you are in high school or college, BE ACTIVE!
[size=4][i]-Knud-

#4 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:41 AM

That's pretty cool that you guys can do that.

Just don't let Nerf get in the way of your education, it's the most important part of your life! That's my only advice. :)

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#5 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:13 AM

That's pretty cool that you guys can do that.

Just don't let Nerf get in the way of your education, it's the most important part of your life! That's my only advice. :)

-Tidge.

Damn Aussies got no priorities.

How the hell did you get your school to agree to that? I got SUSPENDED for asking to form a nerf club at school. I don't like gun violence, but seriously, that's pretty ridiculous.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#6 NerfGrassHopper

NerfGrassHopper

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:13 AM

I'm not even goig to ask because at my school you get two after-school detentions for drinking milk in the hallway and they threatened to call the cop's on me for calling someone gay.
Punch your mom right in her stupid face.

-Groove

HeretiCorp "We got sued for the Recon, better make all our guns wussier"
- From Nerf IRC Chat.

#7 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

Drinking milk in the hallways? That's rough. Anyway, for those of you who see such a club as nothing more than fantasy right now, once you go to college you'll have plenty of opportunities to get together with like-minded individuals. Congratulations are in order for the OP, however, as he doesn't have to wait that long.

#8 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

My school have a nerf club?No way that would ever happen . My school won't even let you wear a shirt with a gun on it.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#9 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:19 PM

I got bitched for wearing a Corona Light shirt on "red shirt day" in high school. Granted, we were supposed to wear red for something against teenage alcoholism, but it was a red shirt. Schools have no sense of humor.

PSU has the Urban Gaming Club. We do HvZ, variations on shit like Cops and Robbers, and other random things. But a true nerf war seems a bit out of the scope of what most club members want to do. Plus, it's rare to actually do something even once a month, which I don't understand considering of the 50ish people in the club, we all spend most of the year within 2 miles of each other.
C8H18

#10 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

I challenge your team.
We are hosting a Nerf war on January 10th. Massacre #2
If you boys are up for the challenge and a road trip we will be waiting.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#11 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:54 PM

That'd be great if you guys would come war us Canadians. As well as the few Americans that come.
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#12 Gunhaver

Gunhaver

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

My School Connecticut College had a small club of Nerf fans a couple of years back. Unfortunately when the key member’s academic schedules became to demanding they almost never met. However Humans Vs Zombies is now gaining steam there.

#13 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

I challenge your team.
We are hosting a Nerf war on January 10th. Massacre #2
If you boys are up for the challenge and a road trip we will be waiting.

Heh, that'd be cool, but we pretty much suck. The most modding we've ever done is the Maverick removable revolving barrel mod. We're amatuers. Probably wouldn't be worth the gas to get our asses handed to us.

It took a lot of work. We had to convince the school that nerf guns were in no way dangerous, and we had to agree to wear eye protection. All of our meets must be supervised by 2 chaperones and a school administrator. But other than that, it actually wasn't THAT hard. Our first meet (just like half our team vs. the other half) is January 17th. We're having it in our schools gym. It's an overnight war starting at 10 pm going to 6 am. The gym is 2 levels so it's gonna be sweet as hell. We actually have 20 members spanning across 4 grades and we have more people wanting to join. This could actually get pretty big in our school. It's a private school, so that might have something to do with it.

Edited by Awesomeness101, 27 December 2008 - 04:23 PM.

#14 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

I don't think it would be a good idea to ask my principal to start a nerf club/team. We have had a stabbing last year, and a bomb threat this year. The principal gets pissed when she sees someone giving someone else "props" in the hallway, because she thinks it's violent. I can only imagine what she would say/do if I asked to start a club who's sole purpose is to SHOOT eachother with foam darts. Oh and some kid got suspended for the first week of school this year for bringing a very fake looking WATER gun to school the last day of last year. With school violence at a record high, I think organizing a nerf team/club in a high school is a pretty bad idea. I know people have started them in university/college, but I guess that's a different matter.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#15 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

I'm not sure how we got it done so easily. You guys make it seem like it would be impossible. LOL here's the logo. That's our school's crest in the back.

Posted Image

Edited by Awesomeness101, 27 December 2008 - 04:46 PM.

#16 Arconious

Arconious

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

Well, you can probably get one started rather easily in a small school, where all the teachers and staff know most of the kids. Get one of the "Good Kids" that all of the staff likes to go ask the Principal to start one, and explain everything. Other than that, I think it'll take more time and safety regulations than should be there.

The furthest I'd be willing to go is to ask the Principal to hang posters advertising a war, which I might just do this semester.

#17 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

Well, I have tried to do something like this. A month and a half ago, I got a sponsor, went through a small shitload of paperwork, created a CoC (with this site's help :lol: ), and I have gotten NO feedback from my sponsor... I have a small bad feeling, but not too big. I have made almost every effort to prove that this hobby is safe, and that safety guidelines will be followed.

Despite my gut feelings, based on what other members here have said, this attempt should be a success.

It gets a lot easier after you've tried, folks!

Get out there and get others involved!
QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Dec 26 2008, 01:34 PM) View Post

Coal? You're santa arent you! You didn't give me that bike I wanted! Prepare to die!

Also active as Slayer_of_OnE at NerfLovers!

#18 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:23 PM

Dammit, if I started this at my school, the provincial fuck wads will punch us in the face. Nice to see it actually went through. I'm gonna stick to my neighborhood wars, and maybe it'll expand to an actual club. Good job.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#19 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

My only regret is that we didn't get it started a couple years ago. Now we're on the back end of our senior year and most people will be leaving for college.

#20 strwrsbob

strwrsbob

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:43 AM

no, but it's one heck of a good idea

#21 Link2TheFuture

Link2TheFuture

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:21 AM

Thats really cool that your school lets you do that. I live and attend High School at an Air Force base in Japan, so I'm pretty screwed as far as school-hosted nerfing goes. One of my fellow nerfers got after school detention for brining a secret strike to see if I could mod it.
Representative to the West Tokyo Shogunate.
If you're in Tokyo and happen to be packing foam weaponry, PM me for upcoming wars in the area.

-- Link2TheFuture --

#22 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

No way I could ever get such a thing done in my High school. For one, the school would never let anything related to the words "projectile", "gun", or anything else like that become something official, even if it had the words toy and foam in front of them. Plus, there are about 3 nerfers in my entire school. I would lose all reputation I've worked hard to get in my school. It would be awesome though. I might be able to do that in whatever college I go to. Anyway good luck with your teams guys.

#23 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

No way I could ever get such a thing done in my High school. For one, the school would never let anything related to the words "projectile", "gun", or anything else like that become something official, even if it had the words toy and foam in front of them. Plus, there are about 3 nerfers in my entire school. I would lose all reputation I've worked hard to get in my school. It would be awesome though. I might be able to do that in whatever college I go to. Anyway good luck with your teams guys.

See, we don't use the words projectile or gun. We used Nerf "Taggers". And about the reputation thing? Everyone on the team is a jock. Like it's the entire football team.

#24 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

See, we don't use the words projectile or gun. We used Nerf "Taggers". And about the reputation thing? Everyone on the team is a jock. Like it's the entire football team.

Yeah, but my school would still take it as guns. And for the whole jock thing, my school is the exact opposite. Anything nerf is considered a nerd thing, no matter what you say. Unless you have a lot of people with you backing you up, you won't get anything into their heads. Complicated and retarded system, but I can't really do anything about it.

Edited by Darken, 30 December 2008 - 08:49 PM.

#25 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

The way the school I am in is is that they don't care, the principals know and like us, mainly because we do constructive things after school and get good grades and are all on honr roll, but they would never allow us to have a nerf club. The suckish part is that the other around here in our nerf group don't even want to start an official club due to the trouble, time and money.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users