Nerf?

Quick Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 bigred1rifleman

bigred1rifleman

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

Would foam tipped arrows for real bows count as NERF? If so I'll post a how to in the home mades section of the forums. They have the same or more range as NERF depending on the draw wieght and length. I am going to use them in my next nerf war. I also use various foam weapons ( swords and knives mostly ). Would those also be considered nerf since they are foam?

~Br1

Edited by bigred1rifleman, 26 December 2008 - 09:28 PM.

#2 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:30 PM

Are you seriously saying you use a real bow with real arrows to shoot at people? Putting foam on the end would do almost nothing to stop the wood from piercing the skin, and would probably make the arrows terribly inaccurate, which is just as dangerous if not more.

#3 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

We need a little more of an explanation. Are you talking about target arrows? Hunting arrows? What are you talking about?

I'm also curious as to if this is actually real.

Edited by Foamfoot, 26 December 2008 - 10:01 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#4 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

No, No, please don't post it!!As an archer myself I know the possible consequences of that. At close range they have the potential to hurt a human much , much more than an air gun. From bows 20-35 pounds (draw weight), they would hurt a lot, and would go through the foam a little. Any thing heavier (40 up), and the foam wouldn't provide any protection. (Please don't sig the 7 words before the beginning of this sentence.). If you don't want to be on the 10 o'clock news, don't do it!

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 26 December 2008 - 09:50 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#5 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

Going a little off topic, I actually had my arm broken by and arrow. My friend thought it would be a good idea to fire the arrow straight up into the sky.

I heard "WE, ARE, SPARTA!!!!" and then an arrow bored half an inch into my arm, right before I heard a very audible crack.

Edited by Foamfoot, 26 December 2008 - 10:00 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#6 Arconious

Arconious

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:10 PM

That sounds like a very stupid Idea. I could see it possibly working if the entire fucking arrow was foam, but even then it doesn't sound very safe.

And just because its foam, doesn't mean its nerf.

#7 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:25 PM

...As an archer myself...

Seriously? Archer? That term went out with cobbler and haberdasher. I know there's a lot of that steampunk shit going around, but get with the times man.

That aside, this is a dumb idea that will get you hurt. Plus, it's just a little too much like something a LARPer would do, so you're out.
I hate you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users