Xxl Bazooka?

Hey Ultimator... your mom!

12 replies to this topic

#1 Lemmypoo

Lemmypoo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:57 PM

I have finally found the coolest nerf gun ever. Well to me anyway. Ever since buying this gigantic piece I have lost tremendous interest in my biggest fund eater, Airsoft.* It was only 30 bucks and has held my interest for days.

It's one of those new XXL Bazookas. I searched on here but couldn't find any info on this blaster so I created a topic to see if anybody else has any input.

It is simply the most comfortable nerf gun I have ever held, feels as sturdy as any airsoft piece I have, is light weight, and FUN AS HELL! The missiles are at the wind's mercy but the wildly out of control ammo excites me, the absolute power this thing has is great. Not to mention how intimidating a foot long chunk of foam flying through the air is in a nerf game ;)

Again, does anybody have any input on this blaster? I am having trouble finding any info on it-- let alone mods.

*I planned on buying a Classic Army AK, converting it into an Arsenal SAM-7--around 700 bucks for upgrades and stock sets. Now my list consists of a Famas upgraded to 400 FPS... about 400 bucks of price difference excluding the enormous shipping of AK parts for my item of interest. I would buy more Bazookas but I just dumped 500 bucks into a Sony Clie peg-UX50, geuss I can listen to MP3s while bazooka-ing! Perhaps I will use the intergrated camera to take some freaking pictures that will load on my freaking PC :/
Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter!

Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

-brothers Macmanus, Boondock Saints

#2 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:01 PM

Yeah i've got one too.

They are pretty good, they've upgraded practically all of the ultimators flaws.

#3 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 04:20 PM

do you think you could post a pic, or the site where we could see one? the gun sounds awesome.
"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#4 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, it's pretty neat. Hah, although at the war i had with my friends, we stole all the rockets and hid them =). I opened it up, it's pretty simple. You power it up with a ratchet, and theres a spring attatched to the end of the barrel. You could make it shoot darts, but i don't think that it's really worth it.

Edited by texmustache, 27 January 2004 - 05:49 PM.

#5 Lemmypoo

Lemmypoo

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, it's pretty neat. Hah, although at the war i had with my friends, we stole all the rockets and hid them =). I opened it up, it's pretty simple. You power it up with a ratchet, and theres a spring attatched to the end of the barrel. You could make it shoot darts, but i don't think that it's really worth it.

No, not really. A spring that long causes an increasingly large expansion. The dart would leave the barrel before the spring completes it's decompression. (long barrel could help this, but you would need a healthy chunk of PVC to support that long of a barrel, increasing the front-weight)

I don't think you could mod it to increase power, it's already maxed out there. But the ammo seems flawed. The fins are much more difficult to bend than the ultimators, but as a result have less range. They still fly farther than a damaged ultimator missile, though.

I have found one way to increase range, the hole at the base of the nose cone is the exhaust point for the nose cone to deflate on impact. However the nose cone will colapse slightly in the air because of how flexible the tip is. Plugging the hole (I used a thin piece of duct tape) makes it fly a little farther and hit a LOT harder. I shot myself point blank in the jaw and it actually hurt, kind of like a brotherly tap.

As for pictures, maybe later, I can't find anything on google and my computer is still shitting itself over uploading pictures off of my camera. My Clie will come this week and I should be able to upload off of that no problem.
Conner MacManus: Jesus! He brought a six-shooter!

Murphy MacManus: There were nine of them, you retard! What were you going to do with the last three, laugh them to death? Funny man?

-brothers Macmanus, Boondock Saints

#6 GINerf

GINerf

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 06:56 PM

is it this thing???

http://www.ecst.csuc...airbazooka.html

#7 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:24 PM

GINerf,

HAhAHAhAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no.

Sorry I didn't mean to be rude, I just found your link amusing considering that the airzone bazooka is like the mentally handicaped little brother of the gun they are talking about. Go to Toys R Us and look for the Xxl Bazooka. It's huge, and requires about 14 pulls on it's ratcheting mechanizm just to cock it.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#8 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 07:31 PM

you might be able to increase power actually, if you managed to disasseble the barrel mechanism. IF you were to cut the spring in half or so, and re-loop the ends, that would really increase the power, i think. I guess when i modded mine the barrel wasn't long enough...it still got less range than the Cobra Drain Cleaner at 10 pumps. Anyway, i wouldn't care about the front weight, it weighs enough as it is, and you can steady it relatively easily.

#9 GINerf

GINerf

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:15 PM

So this thing fires farther than the ultimator without question? Is it loud?

#10 Bolanga24

Bolanga24

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:36 PM

Dude, I bought two of those rocket launchers you're talking about and they are the fricken sweetest things. If toys r us still stocked them, Id buy at least two more. The only problem with mine is that over time you have to pump it more. For example, for my older gun I have to pump about 25-30 times for the tank to be full. But my newest one only needs 14 pumps.

#11 GINerf

GINerf

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:41 PM

Stores no longer carry them?

#12 Bolanga24

Bolanga24

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 01:12 PM

My toys r us stopped stocking them a while back

#13 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:12 PM

can we get a picture or a link up, just so i'm sure i know what you guys are talking about?
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users