Photo

Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

I need help with what to get for indoor wars.

43 replies to this topic

#26 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

Don't hornets shoot 6 darts at a time? If so would that be a bitch to reload and a pain to use?

It has two firing modes - semiautomatic, or burst. Pulling the trigger shoots one dart. There is a separate button for shooting them all at once.

#27 infidel

infidel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

Aw wicked! I never knew that thanks! Now i might have to get one of those.....
"yeah, we suck in close combat. its a shame you'll never get there."

"you CAN have your cake and eat it too"

"school is a microcosm of society"-elmo

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow because delay may give clearer light as to what is best to be done."
Aaron Burr

#28 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:34 AM

My mav gets about 20 ft routinely, whereas my longshot usually gets close to twice that.

No stock longshot gets near 40 feet flat. End of story.

Edited by TantumBull, 29 December 2008 - 02:37 AM.

#29 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:50 AM

Well since you have a longshot, you could intergrate somthing like a dtg,maverick,airtech2k into it, and have two guns ready to use,without having to switch around.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#30 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

My mav gets about 20 ft routinely, whereas my longshot usually gets close to twice that.

You can call bullshit, but I have no reason to lie about this, it's not like I modded it and am claiming 200 ft or something. When I tested it, back when we first had vulcan ranges and I wanted some ranges to compare it to, I had it shouldered and aimed at my closet, which I shot at from across the hall. It hit the center of the door, which implies it had a few more feet to go, and the door 35 feet from me. It is possible that it was not exactly level, but because my ceilings aren't very high, it couldn't have been angled much, if it all.

#31 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

How could anyone possibly argue with that ridiculously unconfirmable method of range testing?

#32 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

How could anyone possibly argue with that ridiculously unconfirmable method of range testing?

But VACC! I shot my cube mate with a stock nitefinder and he's like 25' away and he screamed like a little bitch so it had to have been able to go like 60' total!

Seriously, a stock longshot blows, I got maybe 20' out of mine.

#33 Arconious

Arconious

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:33 PM

I've seen an angled shot hit forty, but level shots are lucky to hit 30. And that is with a brand new dart, after a couple of shots the dart starts to get deformed and the range drops down to about 20. LS clips are hell on darts.

#34 Link2TheFuture

Link2TheFuture

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

Kadaki, Did you measure the distance? No stock gun I've ever seen apart from maybe the strikefire could even get close to 30. The strikefire got about 25 feet level.

Edited by Link2TheFuture, 29 December 2008 - 12:40 PM.

Representative to the West Tokyo Shogunate.
If you're in Tokyo and happen to be packing foam weaponry, PM me for upcoming wars in the area.

-- Link2TheFuture --

#35 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:13 PM

Kadaki, Did you measure the distance? No stock gun I've ever seen apart from maybe the strikefire could even get close to 30. The strikefire got about 25 feet level.

You should read the thread before you post:

I had it shouldered and aimed at my closet, which I shot at from across the hall. It hit the center of the door, which implies it had a few more feet to go, and the door 35 feet from me. It is possible that it was not exactly level, but because my ceilings aren't very high, it couldn't have been angled much, if it all.

No, he didn't measure because he couldn't, the dart hit something and therefore no one can possibly know how far it would have gone.

#36 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

You can call bullshit, but I have no reason to lie about this, it's not like I modded it and am claiming 200 ft or something. When I tested it, back when we first had vulcan ranges and I wanted some ranges to compare it to, I had it shouldered and aimed at my closet, which I shot at from across the hall. It hit the center of the door, which implies it had a few more feet to go, and the door 35 feet from me. It is possible that it was not exactly level, but because my ceilings aren't very high, it couldn't have been angled much, if it all.

You shouldered it. If you're tall, you can probably get that range.
QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#37 Arconious

Arconious

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:02 PM

No you can't. Not unless he is 7 foot tall. I'm 6'2" and I get around thirty with a stock gun. If I'm lucky and have a good dart.

#38 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:10 PM

No you can't. Not unless he is 7 foot tall. I'm 6'2" and I get around thirty with a stock gun. If I'm lucky and have a good dart.

All nerf guns are not created equal. I'm in no way trying to legitimize a 40' range stock longshot, but I'm also not saying it's impossible. The individual moving parts are so finicky that any manufacturer variation can lead to all sorts of degrees of performance, whether it's a slightly better seal, smoother barrel, fresher spring, etc. ad nauseum. The factors are limitless and really make it silly to argue about it online simply because YOUR gun doesn't perform exactly how SOMEONE elses does.

Edited by Fome, 29 December 2008 - 10:17 PM.

#39 Demo tay26

Demo tay26

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:26 PM

All nerf guns are not created equal. I'm in no way trying to legitimize a 40' range stock longshot, but I'm also not saying it's impossible. The individual moving parts are so finicky that any manufacturer variation can lead to all sorts of degrees of performance, whether it's a slightly better seal, smoother barrel, fresher spring, etc. ad nauseum. The factors are limitless and really make it silly to argue about it online simply because YOUR gun doesn't perform exactly how SOMEONE elses does.

This happened to me. My first recon, stock, shot about 15 feet, while my second one, stock, shot a minimum of 20 feet.( about 22ish on average)

Edited by Demo tay26, 29 December 2008 - 10:26 PM.

#40 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:38 AM

Look, unlike JSB's vulcan range tests, which were conducted very well, this test was for my own personal reference, I was not going for exceptional validity. I had a tape measurer from me to the closet, and it read 35 feet. I fired the longshot while shouldered, and, as said, I can't say it's impossible there was a slight angle as I didn't use a level. But, all that aside,I have no stake in this: i'm simply trying to advise a fellow indoor, stock nerfer based on my own personal experience.

#41 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

Look, unlike JSB's vulcan range tests, which were conducted very well, this test was for my own personal reference, I was not going for exceptional validity. I had a tape measurer from me to the closet, and it read 35 feet. I fired the longshot while shouldered, and, as said, I can't say it's impossible there was a slight angle as I didn't use a level. But, all that aside,I have no stake in this: i'm simply trying to advise a fellow indoor, stock nerfer based on my own personal experience.

And exactly how hard did you have to throw it??I got one to go 40 but it shattered when it met the street.

Edited by boom, 31 December 2008 - 10:30 PM.

I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#42 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:19 AM

I agree with angel, the hornets are reliable for indoor wars, and can get some good ranges stock if you know what you are doing. ( for future referance, listen to Forsaken Angel. He knows what he is talking about.)

Nothing beats a modded magstrike. You should be able to get 2 clips out of one tank with minor changes and the clips are simple to modify. At the very least put 5-6 strips of E-tape on the side of the clip to enable semi-auto. Get 2-3 extra clips and a decent pistol and you're good to go.

Double shot is also a lot of fun in an indoor war, the shells are a pain though because you need them to fire the thing.

I can definitely see a hornet being extremely good as well.

My ms is pushing 4 clips per pumping. I use a vulcan and a *gasp*modded*gasp* skeet shooter gun (yelow comes with launcher...) I hate ls-rcs because they can only use streamlines, and they tear them up.
But my brother and I tag team, and he helps cover and reload soooo...
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#43 one shot one kill

one shot one kill

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:49 PM

If a stock gun can get at least 20 feet indoors it doesn't matter the gun can shoot across the room.

On topic, my recon is my primary my hornet is my secondary and my disk shot is my hold out. we also use sword if the other team gets to close.

#44 Goombadude3

Goombadude3

• Banned
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:35 PM

If your willing to buy online, get a speedloader ,it has been very effective and reliable from my experiences.

i ould go with firefly and a strike fire,both great guns
-Goombadude3
May the triFORCE be with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users