Photo

Wreckreation Nation

A chance to broadcast nerf to the world!

23 replies to this topic

#1 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

In 2009, the Discovery Channel will be starting a new show called Wreckreation Nation. It is about hobbies Americans take to the extreme or things such as town traditions and competitions. It sounds like it is about slightly weird or destructive hobbies that some people created or improved. This might be the perfect chance to get more people interested in nerf.I think we should recommend nerfing to the show (Because we all know how desperately Dsc. needs ideas) We should describe the hobby, tell them the location of a few major wars, and give them an example of why nefing should be on the show. What do you guys think? If you want to email them, or find out about the show here are the links: Submit your Idea and Discovery Page.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#2 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for the link. I sent them a message.

Hello, My name is Michael and I am from Portland, Oregon. Now you see, I am only 13 years old, and I am going to be interested in your show. But your saying your going to go to interesting hobbys and film them. Now you see, there is this hobby called Nerf. There spring/air powered foam shooting projectiles. These Nerf guns only shoot the foam darts up to 35 feet. That's where the Nerfhaven.com team comes in. We Modify these Nerf guns. We open these guns up, take them apart, add springs, intergrations, Take out the air restrictors, put some awesome paintjobs on them, ect. Some people go completely crazy on these things. Its very interesting and I think your viewers would like this too. Once were done with these, they shoot up to 100 feet at times. There is one air pump gun that shoots up to 180' at times. It makes people bleed. Now you see, there is over thousands of people who do this kind of thing. So why don't you come check us out at Www.nerfhaven.com.

Sincerely, Your friend
Mikey.

P.S. Here is a couple of examples of our work: http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9845&hl= http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9335&hl=
Here is this crazy guys channel on youtube, check his videos out at: http://www.youtube.com/forsakenangel24

Edited by silentsnipe, 27 December 2008 - 09:09 PM.

And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#3 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:11 PM

We should get some of the more highly influential people in the NIC e.g. FA_24, CS, Baghead to write them a letter about what we do and how we have fun with it. We should also invite them to a major war, if they choose to come. This could be interesting.
-iMod

EDIT: Damn silentsnipe you beat me to it. I meant no offense in what I said.

Edited by iMod1, 27 December 2008 - 09:12 PM.

A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#4 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

I personally think we don't need anymore N00bs. Although I wouldn't mind watching the show...

Edited by rokor, 27 December 2008 - 09:30 PM.

"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#5 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

i emailed them too. I gave them links too all of the january wars.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#6 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

I personally think we need anymore N00bs. Although I wouldn't mind watching the show...

Did you mean we don't need anymore noobs? If so, most noobs would be watching VH1 or MTV. We would get more intelligent members from discovery. The more emails they get, the better chance for them using Nerf. So come on people, E-mail!
Edit: I sent them links to FU, NHQ, and right here. Also I described the wars a little.

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 27 December 2008 - 09:28 PM.

TNL,

#7 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

Or... you could simply help with my already established project to get a NERF article in MALE mag. Link in sig.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#8 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:40 PM

I also emailed them so I hope this goes well.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#9 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

Or... you could simply help with my already established project to get a NERF article in MALE mag. Link in sig.

I believe you mean MAKE mag.

Or at least, I hope you did...
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#10 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:02 AM

Hello, My name is Michael and I am from Portland, Oregon. Now you see, I am only 13 years old, and I am going to be interested in your show. But your saying your going to go to interesting hobbys and film them. Now you see, there is this hobby called Nerf. There spring/air powered foam shooting projectiles. These Nerf guns only shoot the foam darts up to 35 feet. That's where the Nerfhaven.com team comes in. We Modify these Nerf guns. We open these guns up, take them apart, add springs, intergrations, Take out the air restrictors, put some awesome paintjobs on them, ect. Some people go completely crazy on these things. Its very interesting and I think your viewers would like this too. Once were done with these, they shoot up to 100 feet at times. There is one air pump gun that shoots up to 180' at times. It makes people bleed. Now you see, there is over thousands of people who do this kind of thing. So why don't you come check us out at Www.nerfhaven.com.

Sincerely, Your friend
Mikey.

Holy fucking shit, where did you learn English? I highlighted your hideous spelling mistakes, but know if I had highlighted your horrible sentence construction everything would be highlighted. The only thing this email could possibly do is give the people at the Discovery Channel a good laugh and grounds to look down on our community. Do yourself a favor in the future and know your place.

#11 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:13 AM

I personally think we need anymore N00bs. Although I wouldn't mind watching the show...

Did you mean we don't need anymore noobs? If so, most noobs would be watching VH1 or MTV. We would get more intelligent members from discovery. The more emails they get, the better chance for them using Nerf. So come on people, E-mail!
Edit: I sent them links to FU, NHQ, and right here. Also I described the wars a little.

Noobs don't watch MTV or VH1, they watch the Discovery Channel. Trust me, noobs are arrogant because they think that they are educated.

I started the "It's Different" project (more work on it coming soon) not for a grassroots type of thing. I want people to get their best friends to nerf, not random people. Get people you know and trust will contribute to our boards.

Edited by Foamfoot, 28 December 2008 - 02:13 AM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#12 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:46 AM

I am totally uninterested in this sort of mainstream attention. Unless it involves Werner Herzog. Or, ya know, Anthony Bourdain.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#13 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:21 AM

Noobs don't watch MTV or VH1, they watch the Discovery Channel. Trust me, noobs are arrogant because they think that they are educated.

In my area, noobs do watch MTV and VH1 because they think they are above education.They don't watch discovery because they fear it will turn them into nerds. Maybe that is just my area.
TNL,

#14 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

What the fuck are you guys talking about?
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#15 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

A new show on Discovery (not on air yet) that shows what America is doing to the max.

Things that will probably be shown: Pumpkin Cannons, other shit like that...

Either way, the posters have wasted posts to provide that info PLUS a shitty message sent by a new person with poor English, useless information and no contact information.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#16 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:18 PM

I think this is a great idea to help spread Nerf. I will shoot them a emal in a minute.

P.s- silentsnipe, showing Angels work will not get you any closer to his penis...

Edited by BustaDartInYOurAss, 28 December 2008 - 02:19 PM.

#17 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

Here is this crazy guys channel on youtube, check his videos out at: http://www.youtube.com/forsakenangel24

a shitty message sent by a new person with useless information

What are you trying to say Lynx?

Bustadartinyourass

By showing my work it may attract these guys.
That is after all one of the main reasons I do all these videos and such.
To raise Nerf modification awareness.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#18 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

Bustadartinyourass

By showing my work it may attract these guys.
That is after all one of the main reasons I do all these videos and such.
To raise Nerf modification awareness.

I don't think he cares.
I still agree with you though.
Refrigerator.

( +1 To whoever catches that.)
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#19 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

I don't think he cares.
I still agree with you though.
Refrigerator.

( +1 To whoever catches that.)

That is a haiku. (syllable count)

I think this show is going to be pretty cool. Who knows? This may get the right people into nerf even if it comes with noobs. At one point, I considered informing The Mythbusters as well. They seem like the guys who would be interested.

Edited by A side of nerf, 28 December 2008 - 08:16 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#20 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

If anyone should write a letter, I think it should be FA_24. Angel, you could explain how much you sold the lancer for, and show them some of your mods instead. I think anyone who has not been here before who read silentsnipe's letter would thing that Silent created the doomsayer and the eyes of fire. I think they would take it more seriously if someone a little older and mature wrote the letter.
This could bring a lot of new people here. Some will be noobs, but yet there may be the next CS or Bolsniper who has yet to discover nerf, and would through this. It's worth a try, in my opinion.

EDIT: This is of course, if you have time and the will while you are not planning Effeminate wars....

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 28 December 2008 - 09:13 PM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#21 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

a shitty message sent by a new person with useless information

What are you trying to say Lynx?

I'm saying this (see quote below) was worthless and possibly hurt our chances at being shown/featured...

Sincerely, Your friend
Loser

P.S. Here is a couple of examples of our work: http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9845&hl= http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9335&hl=

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#22 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

Lynx go find a new hobby... please.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#23 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

I think this is a great idea to help spread Nerf. I will shoot them a emal in a minute.

P.s- silentsnipe, showing Angels work will not get you any closer to his penis...

Whle I agree that Forsaken would be a good person to write a message to them and to represent the NIC, sadly the show is based out of the U.S., so they would get an idea of Nerf and what we do from Forsaken, but that is about it.

A better option would be someone like CaptainSlug or a member of the Season of Foam like Baghead.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#24 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

Whle I agree that Forsaken would be a good person to write a message to them and to represent the NIC, sadly the show is based out of the U.S., so they would get an idea of Nerf and what we do from Forsaken, but that is about it.

A better option would be someone like CaptainSlug or a member of the Season of Foam like Baghead.

I only support Baghead writting it if he gets to appear on the show wearing a paper bag and giving awesome thumb-ups to the nation. And showing some tight blasters. That man MUST have something up his sleeve
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users