Photo

500 Rpm Vulcan

23 replies to this topic

#1 cmaikai

cmaikai

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

Mana Energy Potion drink company did a ridiculously awesome mod to a Vulcan.

http://www.manapotio...m/Chaingun.html

Edited by cmaikai, 22 December 2008 - 07:12 PM.

#2 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:15 PM

It's too bad mana potion tastes horrible. Pretty cool, plenty of people have tried to make a round counter for the longshot, but nothing has really come of it.

Edited by Foamfoot, 22 December 2008 - 07:33 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#3 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

Drinking energy drinks in hopes of a delicious beverage is fucking retarded.

At any rate, literally completely reconsidered my views on vulcans. They're on sale at my meijer for 35 bucks

hmmmm...

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#4 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:19 PM

I like it, but I don't. It's cool and all, and has a cool paintjob, but the keyword is: ROF. Think of it... You loose all your ammo in less the 3 seconds. Now unless you have one of those 200 dart belt chain's, your screwed.
Oh and, when I saw the topic name, I thought it was going to be just a spam or something 'cause I thought, "No way!" But I was wrong.... Thanks a ton for the link.

Edited by silentsnipe, 22 December 2008 - 07:28 PM.

And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#5 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

I like it, but I don't. It's cool and all, and has a cool paintjob, but the keyword is: ROF. Think of it... You loose all your ammo in less the 3 seconds. Now unless you have one of those 200 dart belt chain's, your screwed.

If you're using a vulcan in a war, you're already pretty much screwing yourself. It's a FUNctional weapon, chill. Like FA24's Lancer. Sure, it's cool as fuck, but honestly, does revving a extremely loud toy chainsaw in a nerf war seem like it serves any purpose? It's just cool and fun, just like this vulcan.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

Don't post mods that aren't your own, and like they said, they broke theirs after they tried, so yeah.

Also, many of people have hooked their Vulcans up to bigger power sources. All it will do is make it cycle faster, but the gears aren't meant to take that sort of punishment, so it will break Itself. Its just a bad idea.

However, I like this idea of Mana potions.... now I want some. My last Mod-araga spell took all my MP.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#7 cmaikai

cmaikai

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

Make a 200 round clip and make a attachable box for it. :P

I kind of want to do that now.

#8 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:25 PM

You guys haven't even acknowledged the best part.

Holy fuck, that ammo counter is full of Aliens win. Thanks a ton for the link.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#9 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:01 PM

Actually if you have the access to and ability to machine your own things then making a set of gears out of metal wouldn't be that hard. As for the motor wearing out I can't put out any advice on how to stop that except to try and find one that can take like 40v.

Other than that I love it...awesome video. I too didn't believe at first until I watched the video.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#10 Ner Commando

Ner Commando

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

Wow tha gun shoots fast, but it is sort of useless because you would never win a war in 3 seconds. I wouldn't do this to my vulcan only because I don't want it to break.

#11 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

Wow tha gun shoots fast, but it is sort of useless because you would never win a war in 3 seconds. I wouldn't do this to my vulcan only because I don't want it to break.

Ugghh did you see the guys who did this they were just pelting eachother with foam this or any other vulcan is not ment for war purposes.so far.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#12 Gunhaver

Gunhaver

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

Personally I found the digital round counter to be a nice touch. Purely cosmetic but then again pretty much everything about the Vulcan is.

#13 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

Drinking energy drinks in hopes of a delicious beverage is fucking retarded.

TrĂ¼ Dat.
But its a cool mod, i hadn't thought of doing that to a Vulcan.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#14 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

I know speculation and "would this work posts" are extremely erotic, but I would like to ask if anyone has though about getting metal parts made for the vulcan. Someone who has access to the machines they would need or could easily get the parts. I realize gears are a pain in the neck to make, but you could possibly get the gears pre-made if you knew how many teeth you had and so-on. Perhaps then you could maybe make the other parts and buy the gears. Just a suggestion, or idea. But for sure I will be looking into it.

Edited by bogboogalars, 22 December 2008 - 11:26 PM.

#15 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:32 PM

With proper machinery, making the gears isn't as big of an issue as getting them in place so that they mesh perfectly and don't slip. You just can't put too much of a load on plastic parts, and even if your gears are metal, they still need to work with other plastic parts. You would really have to re-build half of the insides with metal for it to be effective, and that's really not worth it.

#16 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, I suppose I need to get a vulcan and actually look at the insides before making an assumption. But, I do think it would be just a smidge awesome to see, and hear for that matter, a metal beast like that start firing...

#17 wespelarno

wespelarno

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:58 AM

To fix the burning motors buy a set of hobby grade motors. Mabuchi motors are designed to take that much current with ease so it isn't an issue and are available in so many sizes that one will fit. Or drop the voltage back to 7.2V and put in a larger/better quality motor (cheap and easy. 540 size motors would be rediculously fast)

Gears, check out towerhobbies. There are numerous hobby quality radiocontrol cars (fast ones, top at out at >60mph) so the correct size and pitch could probably be found. And even the plastic ones will have no issues with the load, the ones in my RC car have withstood 50,000 rpm and propel a 2kg vehicle to 40mph. Alternatively, work out the correct gear ratio and use different size gears that will produce the same or simliar ratio. This will require adjucting spacing. If a bigger motor is used, the gear ration can be increased as the larger motor will have more torque.

For correct spacing check out motor mounts for said RC cars. They are adjustable and hold motors in place at way higher loads and vibration than the vulcan can produce. Alternatively, look at the motor mounts and cut you own from thick brass sheet or aluminium. I've done it before and it isn't hard.

A sustainable version of this mod would be possible. I would try it but it is impossible to get you hands on a vulcan in australia. The local store had three in stock for 85 bucks a peice. Came back the next day and they were gone.
Someday, we're gonna break free from these chains and you know, someday, we're gonna dance with those lions

#18 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:49 PM

Well I did the voltage change a while ago, and mine killed itself just the same. Theirs lasted longer than mine though, so that was impressive/lucky. The digital ammo counter has been a side project of mine (albeit not originally my idea, always has been a fucking awesome one). I do have other mods that I will be getting around to for the Vulcan in the long run. Overall, I like the paintjob. :)
Teehee.

#19 Heedfulkiller

Heedfulkiller

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:01 PM

lets amp it up for about 5 minutes and put in 3-4 R.C. packs :blink:. And watch the gun shoot really really fast then explode by the voltage :D...AWESOME

Edited by Heedfulkiller, 23 December 2008 - 06:02 PM.

"THEY RUN AROUND, PLAY AROUND, AND EAT PEOPLE!"
my little brother explaining a small dinosaur

"I BUILT A TACO, A METAL TACO!"
another quote from my little brother

#20 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

Supporting the idea that the gun would eventually die, at the beginning of the video it said that the gun partially melted after shooting the video :blink: .
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#21 orogomi ninja

orogomi ninja

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

I think it is fine that he posted this mod, come on WE KNEW IT WASN'T HIS clearly by the link. Thanks for posting this! However I would have to agree this gun is only for fun.

Edited by orogomi ninja, 23 December 2008 - 09:15 PM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 23 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Thats the way I do it. Use a rag with some light fast rubbing.

Sometimes I hate my uncontrollable imagination....

#22 linish22

linish22

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:43 AM

Wow...That's cool. Why is painting the orange tip illegal?
bignibb = i have a question about my balls

#23 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:56 AM

Wow...That's cool. Why is painting the orange tip illegal?

Because it makes the gun (which they had painted to be more realistic) look more like a real firearm.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#24 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

If you're using a vulcan in a war, you're already pretty much screwing yourself. It's a FUNctional weapon, chill.

Hell, i've used a stock vulcan in a war...they work surprisingly really well, especially for CTF. If I could I would definitely do this mod because 6D batteries compared to 1 rechargeable 9.6V battery (which I have for airsoft...) is alot more practical and cost alot less.

Theres also the humiliation of being shot buy a vulcan...it's all worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users