Goodwill Finds

OTHER than nerf guns

21 replies to this topic

#1 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:31 AM

I don't know about you guys, but Goodwill got me into nerfing, not the other way around. I've gotten two lazer tag guns for $3 that I sold on ebay for $60, some NES games that I sold for $25, a surgical steel table cart for $10, and this pop up basketball thingy that I use to put all my darts in. What finds have you found that aren't nerf guns?

#2 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:39 AM

I don't think I have bought anything from goodwill other then nerf guns, but I have seen dremels, lot's of other tools, I found a bag of stefans once.. :alien: It was wierd, I found a crossbow when I wasn't into nerf, so I didn't buy it. That's it.
And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#3 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:25 AM

A Flesh light that only had slight wear, only 1.99.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#4 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:31 AM

My Goodwill has NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY RELATED TO NERF! It makes me sad when I hear of guys who got their x-bows, titans, and otherwise expensive guns for less than $5.

Offtopic: What is a "Flesh light"?

Edited by Tornado13, 21 December 2008 - 04:31 AM.

#5 FatNerfer

FatNerfer

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:40 AM

My Goodwill has NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY RELATED TO NERF! It makes me sad when I hear of guys who got their x-bows, titans, and otherwise expensive guns for less than $5.

...me to
QUOTE(SchizophrenicMC @ Feb 8 2010, 08:57 AM) View Post
Because calling a nerfer a nerd is like calling water wet.

QUOTE(PunkPictures @ Oct 9 2009, 05:26 PM) View Post
nerfhaven is so fucking gay.

#6 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 08:31 AM

A Flesh light that only had slight wear, only 1.99.

Ha! Looser! I found one of those in the dollar store new! Course it did say "leadtex"...

All kidding aside, I pick up a typewriter there whenever I see one, as I find them easier to type for long periods of time on.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#7 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

I believe a flesh light is a dildo with a flashlight built into the end of it. I may be wrong, I have definitely heard the term before.

On topic: I got a LOTR DVD set (all 3 movies) for 5.99, a Pistol Splat for 1.99, and a LS scope for 0.99.
That is all I have EVER found at goodwill that wasn't complete junk.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#8 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:19 AM

I hope the fleshlight thing was a joke, but no, it isn't a dildo. It is a toy for guys that is supposed to look like a flashlight to be "discrete." Anyway, I have found tons of stuff. I have never got anything nerf related, but I have bought ~25 suits/blazers (not an exaggeration), a huge bag of really nice silverware, cassette tapes of Mr. BIG, FM transmitters, my favorite tie, a NIP Star Wars Galaxies and I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of all the great stuff I've found because I've been regularly shopping there for about three years. It is a fantastic store, but it sucks that mine has gotten rid of their 50% off sale.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#9 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

I hope the fleshlight thing was a joke, but no, it isn't a dildo. It is a toy for guys that is supposed to look like a flashlight to be "discrete." Anyway, I have found tons of stuff. I have never got anything nerf related, but I have bought ~25 suits/blazers (not an exaggeration), a huge bag of really nice silverware, cassette tapes of Mr. BIG, FM transmitters, my favorite tie, a NIP Star Wars Galaxies and I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of all the great stuff I've found because I've been regularly shopping there for about three years. It is a fantastic store, but it sucks that mine has gotten rid of their 50% off sale.

lol yes of course it was a joke. That would be quite a great deal on one but no. a used one would be @#%!ing disgusting. (That and being a married man I have no need for such things.)

I've found some stuff at the goodwill. I got a fish thank for 20 that would have normally cost about 150. Tools are a great deal there too. Hell you can even get yourself a hairdryer JUST for making stefans for probably around 2 bucks.
Every now and then they will have NES,SNES,N64's as well as PS1 and xboxes.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 21 December 2008 - 05:16 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#10 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

Funny, I see this thread right as I return from Goodwill. Just today I got a busted RF20 for $3, a busted SM1500 for $2, and a working Tek 10 for $2. I think I will be able to fix the broken guns fairly easily. I have gotten a shitload of other guns at Goodwill, but that is unrelated. As far as non nerf goes, I've gotten quite a few lazer tag guns and super soakers there. I have found a few ball pumps that I've used as heavy duty replacements.

#11 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

(That and being a married man I have no need for such things.)

See, I hear just the opposite.
Teehee.

#12 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

(That and being a married man I have no need for such things.)

See, I hear just the opposite.

4 years and so far so good. Hopefully this trend holds steady.

#13 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,070 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:26 PM

Venom, which goodwill do you go to? I visit 3 of them north of Minneapolis regularly, and rarely find anything.

That said, I regularly buy kitchen appliances and clothing from goodwill. It's a nice store if you're a cheap person.

#14 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:45 AM

Venom goes to rich people Goodwills out in the suburbs.

I've found a trench coat, pairs of pants and other clothes. I've also found some pretty fun old PC games, and quite a few new ones just sitting out.

Like most people, I have never found anything Nerf related at my Goodwill.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#15 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:49 PM

I forgot, I got my 100+ (not an estimate, that was my last count, but I've bought more recently) plaid shirts at good will. I live in Seattle, grunge FTW.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#16 Secret Assassin

Secret Assassin

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:55 PM

...me to

Feel bad for you guys, I've found secretshot 2's and an lnl and sm500 in the same day. Otherwise no nerfers really go there for anything but nerf guns

#17 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 01:06 PM

I got a scout, 2 night finders, 3 crossfires, a pack of 30 taggers, a big blast, a maxshot, and some off brand gun for 3 bucks plus tax. I have bought golf clubs, hocky sticks, golf balls, and other sports stuff from there.

Edited by Llama Boy, 22 December 2008 - 01:07 PM.

Truce.

#18 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

I'm actually currently hoping to find one of these shirts. I don't want it retail because, well... 50 BUCKS? FOR A SHORT SLEEVE T-SHIRT? Kurt would not stand for this shit were he alive(he's being used as an advertisement). So yeah, I'm shopping around at goodwills looking for this, wish me luck.

Edited by Foamfoot, 22 December 2008 - 02:50 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#19 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

I went today, I found one of those dremel EZ change disc sets. I had been wanting one for ever, but couldn't justify the 15$ they cost at home depot. I got it, and two discs, for 25 cents! I also found an old super soaker xp 150, which I heard gets SM5K ranges when modified to shoot micros.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#20 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

Oh, you guys have begun the flood....

Two couches, three ottomen (ottomans?), a shovel, two different bikes for my kid, a tricycle, Belts, belts, belts, buckles, coats, pants, shoes, NES, SNES, GBA, lots of games for the PC and various game systems, an iRobot Looj (gutter cleaning robot), vintage Fiestaware, purses (my wife collects, damnit), 5" Bench grinder, Craftsman cordless drill, B&D corded drill, various wrenches and screwdrivers, the LCD monitor I am typing this on (Ihad to fix it), the cordless optical mouse too, the Cisco router my net connection is traveling through, the giant coffee cup I am currently drinking from, 5 or 6 original Honda car radios, my kitchen table the three matching chairs and the matching stool, my NIB $150 coffee/espresso machine for $15, three or four pocket watches, two clocks, two brick forms for snow/sand, 100-150 books, 2x TI 81, TI82, TI 85....

The list goes on and on. I'll go again tonight if I'm out. Probably not, though, as it's pretty snowy right now. And people in western Oregon don't know how to drive in snow. Well, to be fair, it's mostly the transplant Californians who can't drive, but that's another matter.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#21 pokemaster

pokemaster

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

at a kiwanas i found 2 mavricks one didnt have a cocking slide and a tec 6 broken
92% of teens would cry if Miley Cyrus was about to jump off a building.
If you are part of the 8% who would say "Jump B****, JUMP!!!!" . . .
Copy and paste this in your signature

olg guns or new nerf is the beat buzzbee sucks if you agree copy and paste this to your sig

#22 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:41 AM

This 2 month old topic was subtitled "OTHER than nerf". Normally I would not be opposed to injecting nerf into a topic that is otherwise out of place on this site, but, again, 2 months old. Read the Code of Conduct and follow itto the best of your ability.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users