Photo

Nerf Disc Shot+ Nerf Airtect 1000, I Call It The Ds1000

just edited jan 3( just some stuff not a full edit)

38 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:59 PM

Okay so one day i was modding my disk shot and the little screw holes broke off, being pissed i went down to the family dollar in town and found a Airtect 1000, so i bought it and took it apart when i got home and found that its got a good mod potential so i came up with the D.S.-1000.

Items-
Disc Shot
Airtect 1000
old/fake credit card
clear tape
some type of string

Tools-
screw driver
hot glue
file

First
Disassemble both guns, then remove the tube, and plunger from the A.T.1000 and keep them (you can throw out everything else from the A.T.1000). Now remove all the internals from your Disk Shot except the trigger(and spring) and the catch(and spring).
Posted Image<--Disc shot(Renegade's pic. sorry didn't have one of my own so i got it off Google.)
Posted Image<-- Airtech(Google)
Posted Image<-- catch

Second
cut a circle the size of the A.T.'s tube from the card and glue and tape on the large hole (with all the springs and plunger inside).Posted Image<--like this

Third
File down the plunger org. plunger hole tell the A.T. 1000 plunger fits.Posted Image<-- this hole

Forth
Hot glue your barrel on to the end of the tube(opp. of plunger rod)Posted Image<-- like so

5th
Put the catch back in its org. place.

6th
Tie the string around the hole in the new plunger rod.Posted Image<--not really clear

7th
Pull string through the cock lock, and make sure string is out of the back.

8th
Position barrel so it sticks out a little bit of the end of the gun.Posted Image <-- like that

9th
Hot glue every thing in and screw back togetherPosted Image<-- uncocked
Posted Image<--cocked

Ranges (feet)
shot 1-23ft
shot 2-24ft
shot 3-25ft
shot 4-23ft
avg.-23.75ft
(all rounded to the nearest foot)
I think the low ranges are because of the barrel or my darts(my darts really suck).
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was right i just made my self some new Stefens (I believe that is spelled right), and a petg barrel (about 6inchs long) and it lokks like its hiting the mid 40's low 50's, I can't do a real range test yet becuase were i live we had winds gusting at 30 mph.

other mods.
Ok, so i started pumping this gun with steroids and i got a longer spring, a better cocking rail, and started to work on a clip system for the gun(not working so far). ill post the write up on here as soon as i get it to work.

Edited by nerfer9987, 03 January 2009 - 08:27 PM.

touch it gently. Put two fingers inside. if its big put three. rub it in and out. that's how you clean a glass
perv
Night Finder for sale- http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=14340

#2 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:03 PM

Okay... I guess, but where are the pictures?
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#3 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

"he puts the pictures in his thread or else he gets the flame instead"

Ive read this 4 times and do not get it....... you modified your disk shot to get 25ft? and thats good because why?
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#4 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:11 PM

"he puts the pictures in his thread or else he gets the flame instead"

Ive read this 4 times and do not get it....... you modified your disk shot to get 25ft? and thats good because why?

The pictures are done sorry i was on the phone so i couldn't, plus my org. tube broke on me so i decided to do this
touch it gently. Put two fingers inside. if its big put three. rub it in and out. that's how you clean a glass
perv

#5 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:13 PM

Okay... I guess, but where are the pictures?

Sorry i was one the phone the pictures are up now.
perv

#6 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:23 PM

I'm really confused as to what in the hell you did here...

From what I can see, you put an AT1K's internals into a Disc Shot pistol?

That has to be the most pointless thing I've ever seen, the AT1K is pathetic on it's own but this... Wow.

Oh, and your pictures, they need focus, I can't tell what you're taking pictures of in half of them.

Better camera, or better lighting is needed badly.

Edited by hereticorp, 19 December 2008 - 02:25 PM.

#7 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:25 PM

That has to be the most pointless thing I've ever seen, the AT1K is pathetic on it's own but this... Wow.

Yeah that's it, and it makes a nice side arm.
perv

#8 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:34 PM

cock lock is a much funnier name than sear.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#9 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:37 PM

Maybe I don't understand the beginning - somehow you destroyed the plunger tube in your Disk Shot Pistol?
And the repair you chose is to fit the tube ... from an AT1K?

I live in a small town so i found the gun a a family dollar so i got it i want to make a Longshot pistol(like the recon), but don't have a Walmart by me.
perv

#10 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

Oh that's what it is called, I'm new to Nerf modding.
perv

#11 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

It's actually called a catch, or a catch plate.

#12 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

Oh, and your pictures, they need focus, I can't tell what you're taking pictures of in half of them.

I've only got my 1.3 mega pixel phone camera so nothing i can really do, for now.
perv

#13 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

It's actually called a catch, or a catch plate.

Oh, i see
perv

#14 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:03 PM

I don't really have anything new to add...I just can't let this one go.

Cock lock? Are you serious? Please edit that out of your post and replace it with "catch." Actually, never mind, don't. This is definitely one of the more comical write-ups I've ever seen.

Lastly, modifying a blaster is supposed to make it better (high ROF, better range, something). You replaced a very effective plunger system with quite possibly the worst plunger in all NERF-dom. I'll never understand.

Edited by imaseoulman, 19 December 2008 - 03:53 PM.

#15 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

I don't really have anything new to add...I just can't let this one go.

Cock lock? Are you serious? Please edit that out of your post and replace it with "catch." Actually, never mind, don't. This is definitely one of the more comical write-ups I've ever seen.

Lastly, modifying a blaster is supposed to make it better (high ROF, better range, something). You replaced an already bad plunger system with an even worse one. I'll never understand.

I didn't........ you know, screw it I'm done explaining this mod if you read it you'll under stand
perv

#16 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

I've only got my 1.3 mega pixel phone camera so nothing i can really do, for now.

Better lighting then, even a desk lamp shining directly on the piece you're photographing will make a picture come out much better, especially with a phone camera. Also, don't hold your piece up to a multi-object background, hold it up to a blank wall or put it on a plain sheet, this will make sure the camera focuses on the correct thing and not some object in the background. That's why a couple of your pictures were out of focus.

I didn't........ you know, screw it I'm done explaining this mod if you read it you'll under stand

We get what you did, we just don't get why you bothered making the effort. But that's ok, you don't have to explain anything to us.

Oh, and you may want to visit the "Edit" button instead of double-posting, it makes things a lot more clear in a thread.

Edited by hereticorp, 19 December 2008 - 03:25 PM.

#17 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:14 PM

We get what you did, we just don't get why you bothered making the effort. But that's ok, you don't have to explain anything to us.

Oh, and you may want to visit the "Edit" button instead of double-posting, it makes things a lot more clear in a thread.

o i no what you mean sorry about that

Edited by nerfer9987, 19 December 2008 - 04:20 PM.

perv

#18 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

Why don't you have a smash day with it and go buy a Nightfinder...
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#19 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:12 PM

Why don't you have a smash day with it and go buy a Nightfinder...

I just might, even tho i have a night finder all ready I'm selling it tho, trying to save up for a Vulcan because my friend modded his and that things awesome.
perv

#20 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for the tips

Edited by nerfer9987, 19 December 2008 - 05:36 PM.

perv

#21 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

Here's another one, don't quote 50 fucking lines of text just to say four words. Delete the quote if they're not directly needed to codify what you're saying.

#22 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

I think you are all missing the point of this thread, the guy did a mod on his own. It may not be the brightest mod on the planet, but give the guy some effort points! He's getting his hands dirty, this is truly a successful integration, regardless if it sucks worse then before.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#23 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

I think you are all missing the point of this thread, the guy did a mod on his own. It may not be the brightest mod on the planet, but give the guy some effort points! He's getting his hands dirty, this is truly a successful integration, regardless if it sucks worse then before.

That all depends on your definition of "successful"

If you mean "Internals from one gun into another gun and they still work" then yes.

If you mean "Improvement over the original of either component" then no.

#24 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

THANK YOU! I mean really thank you I'm working on getting it better, even tho i doubt it.
perv

#25 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:38 PM

Here's another one, don't quote 50 fucking lines of text just to say four words. Delete the quote if they're not directly needed to codify what you're saying.

Fuck off I'm new here ok I'm still getting the fucking hang of things god damn it, i bet forsakan didn't have to deal with this shit when he started.

Edited by nerfer9987, 19 December 2008 - 05:38 PM.

perv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users