Photo

Lock N Load Spring And Barrel Mod

10 replies to this topic

#1 Zer

Zer

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:00 AM

I recently cracked open my LnL and dropped in a new spring and barrel. The barrel is made from (as Ace Hardware labeled it) 1/4" PVC. It's ID is .49" and it fits the sonic micros perfectly.

For the spring I used two Ace Hardware #155's. I stretched one and trimmed the other until the gun cocked properly. The PVC barrel fit inside the original barrel perfectly, since it was sized for Megas. A little epoxy and the deed was done.

Cocking is achieved by 550 cord and a keyring.

Range: Goes to the apex of a two story house, straight up. Much longer range than a stock longshot or vulcan. No other measurements made.

Posted Image

#2 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

I didn't know 1/4 pvc existed...

On topic: It would probably have helped to use some plumers goop in the barrel for sealing it. I have no idea what apex means, can you please explain?
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#3 Zer

Zer

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:07 AM

I didn't know 1/4 pvc existed...

On topic: It would probably have helped to use some plumers goop in the barrel for sealing it. I have no idea what apex means, can you please explain?

I used a lot of epoxy and the new barrel fit quite well in the old one.

It was probably some other item that was mislabeled. I haven't seen it at any other ACE Hardware in town, and it's much thinner and dimensionally smaller than 1/2 pvc.

Apex = highest point on house

Edited by Zer, 15 December 2008 - 02:44 AM.

#4 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

Your measurements mean nothing. Because A) You're Firing Upwards, and :o The Apex of a Two story house means jack shit to some people.

How about you don't post anything about 'ranges' until you lay a tape measure down and do it. Everyone has a tape measure in their house for God's sakes. I don't care if it's only the 25 foot one, you do what I do. You lay it down, go to the end of the 25 feet, pull it up, and keep going.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#5 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:22 AM

Your measurements mean nothing. Because A) You're Firing Upwards, and :o The Apex of a Two story house means jack shit to some people.

How about you don't post anything about 'ranges' until you lay a tape measure down and do it. Everyone has a tape measure in their house for God's sakes. I don't care if it's only the 25 foot one, you do what I do. You lay it down, go to the end of the 25 feet, pull it up, and keep going.

Don't be so harsh.

On topic: I agree with JSB. It looks like 1/2 inch CPVC. They probably just mislabeled it like you said.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 15 December 2008 - 01:24 AM.

#6 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:40 AM

I do believe we here in the Nerf World measure by horizontal distances in feet.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#7 Zer

Zer

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:52 AM

It's hard to be sure from the photo, but would you say that the color of this plastic is a little bit beige, rather than just white?

Based on pretty much everything else you've written about it, it's most likely half inch CPVC. The color would confirm that.

Compared to PVC it is a tad bit beige.
Mystery pipe OD: .63 ID: .49
PVC OD: .84 ID: .61
It's about half as thick as the PVC.

I do believe we here in the Nerf World measure by horizontal distances in feet.

82.5 feet average of three shots, horizontal, from shoulder level (approx 5') using Sonic Micros

Edited by Zer, 15 December 2008 - 02:45 AM.

#8 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:11 AM

I sounds like the 'Mystery Pipe' is CPVC. CPVC is a bit beige in color, and has an ID of about .49.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#9 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:44 AM

The mystery pipe could actualy be 1/4 in pvc it does actualy exist because I have seen it alot of times it is used i making marshmallow guns and does have an ID just smaller than 1/2 in cpvc. My school had a bunch of it that we used to make random stuff in shop but I never managed to get any. Also it could be pex which is also slightly smaller ID than cpvc and is closer in color to pvc.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#10 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:45 PM

82.5 feet average of three shots, horizontal, from shoulder level (approx 5') using Sonic Micros

Wow. Could you show a pic of those springs you were talking about?
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#11 Zer

Zer

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

Wow. Could you show a pic of those springs you were talking about?

I used two ACE #155s (if memory serves me right) and trimmed one down until it was able to cock. They are about twice the thickness of the stock spring and wound more tightly. Unfortunately they don't go all the way up the plunger due to coil bind. I'm losing about 1/4 inch of free travel after the point in which the springs have fully decompressed.

The new barrel is extremely tight on Sonic Micros, and I think this lends quite a bit to the range. It may angle up a degree or two, but the body of the gun was horizontal during testing.

Edited by Zer, 16 December 2008 - 12:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users