Photo

Minnesnowta Recap

Putting us on the map as the most extreme Nerfers EVER!

27 replies to this topic

#1 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

Ok, as some people may see, us Minnesotans and Carbon (a sconie) had ourselves a nice little mid winter get together don't cha know. We called this little war the Minnesnowta war. Ya sure you betcha it was cold, But us Minnesotans are use to it you see. Probably the best time to have gotten out and Nerfed. The cold kinda weeded out alot of people, but we had a good war nonetheless der. Long live Minnesnowta!!!! And please, anyone who can help, I've been looking for a good Norwegian restaurant to get some lutefisk. Know any around here?

Highlights
-Warring with Hilt, Carbon, and all the other normal bunch. That's always fun
-The other people who showed up. Velveeta Avenger I believe? Awesome guy
-The numbers we had. Sorry, but over 10 people showing up for a really cold war. We are awesome.
-Having actually pretty balanced teams guns wise.
-Zombie round. Lightsabers for the win
-Scott's Effeminate slide down the hill and shooting me
-Arby's. Carbon? What was it? DJ Moist and MC something or other? Cooking shows and sexual humor
-"Ok guys. We gotta go and steal the other teams wood"
-Hilt's crazy roll of death
-Actually blocking darts and getting two hits with a lightsaber after my primary broke. I was blocking darts.
-Getting a Big Salvo. Traded my friend a Vulcan for it after he bought it from Beaver
-Beaver buying and selling tons of stuff. Really cool guy.
-Looking forward to the summer wars now.

Not so cool things that turned out to be cool things
-My SNAP trigger biting the dust. Really simple fix, and now I have the bottom panel off. I have plans for it *Evil Laugh*
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

Pictures!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The snow was very deep, which made this all the more fun.

Highlights:
-Busta hitting me in the nose with his CrossSNAP from about 40 feet away (no blood was drawn, fortunately). I got hit a lot by this blaster. Kudos, Busta, I was not very impressed with this blaster until I saw it in action.
-Buying and selling a bunch of my guns. Be on the lookout for a sales thread soon.
-Meeting Carbon and Hilt
-No blasters shattered from the cold
-My SS2 performed a lot better than I expected
-Buying Busta's Big Blast (alliteration!), and using it to great effect with my RCSB clip.
-The three-way shoot-out on the wooded hill.
-A lot of close-in fighting and rolling around in the snow.

Lowlights (I know this is extremely erotic, but whatever):
-Extremely cold feet. I got a lot of snow in my boots (I had to sit in my car for awhile to warm up).
-Gloves make nerfing hard!
-My SM1500 deciding that it hated me.
-I didn't get to use my +bow :(

All in all, a very rewarding experience.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 18 January 2009 - 10:54 AM.

#3 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

This was my first nerf war, and I actually had a lot more fun then I was expecting. It was too bad that I ended up leaving early, but my friend got snow in his shoes and I probably would have lasted only a round or 2 more anyways.

My favorite parts were mostly when I had outrageous misses, like shooting a scattershot that landed 3 darts in a circle around one guy (but no hits). There was another time were I was about 15-20 feet away from another dude and we were reloading at the same time, and I thought I would try and shoot quick so I only half-pumped my titan. Which resulted in all the darts landing about a foot in front of the target instead of on him. Of course, I had a few fun kills too.

The only real disappointment was how fast I went through darts, I thought one of those 100 packs would last throughout the day, but I was down to 20 or 30 by lunchtime. Looks like I'll be making stefans for future wars.

All in all it was a great time and you can definitely expect me back for the next one.

Edit: It's not a restaurant, but I'm 99% sure that you can buy lutefisk from Ingebretsen's.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 18 January 2009 - 12:00 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#4 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

This were was much better than I expected. I thought the cold was going to ruin it, or it would Effeminate fail like all the outdoor Canadian winter wars.

Highs
-Carbon showing up, late, but he still showed
-Everyone who said they were going to show, showed up
-Only one of my guns breaking during the day, and it was after the war
-Doing really well with a NF and a 4B all day long
-My NF and 4B performing awesomely despite the cold
-Shooting Julian in the nipple with a 4B
-Getting a Recon without a clip for $3, a first shot for $2, and a hornet for $5 from Daniel. Thanks.
-Trading Scott a heavily modified Dick Shot, a LBB, and a shitty 3k for a Manta Ray and a 1st gen. NF.
-Yelling "I'm raping Carbon in the ASS!" when I shot him multiple times.
-Carbon shooting a fail shot out of his SNAP, then me saying "Effeminate Fail!" and shooting him with my 4b right after that.
-Constantly saying that Julian's Snap was going to break, and it actually braking.
-Not getting very cold
-My friend (Matt) not getting completely owned
-Constant jokes about wood and anything sexual
-Matt staying for the whole thing unlike any of my friends in the past
-No painful shots on me all day
-Having extra darts by the end.
-Playing VIP-I again and getting owned
-Julian only bringing 2 guns
-Julian blocking mine and other people's shot's with my lightsaber.

Lows
-The fire failing Effeminateally multiple times.
-My one break, my Roto Rocket/NGG. What happened was Matt and I were in the parking lot waiting to get picked up when I started pumping my NGG and the OPRV didn't kick in so I pumped it more then usual and suddenly there was a loud bang and something hit me in the face. The tank on the NGG completely exploded, and tore open the shell itself in the process. It would take a miracle to fix it, so I'm not even going to bother. I'll post pictures of the aftermath later.
-Getting covered in burrs.
-Everyone leaving early
-The exhausting walk from the parking lot to the Pagoda when carrying all my stuff.

Edited by venom213, 18 January 2009 - 12:33 PM.

#5 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

Altogether, an Effeminate day. Playing in the (rather deep) snow was a lot more fun than I was expecting. Although, like Hilt was saying, it makes me really look forward to summer. Good mix of games, and a great bunch of people. You guys make it worth the 11 hours of driving.

No pros and cons, just some highlights:
-The field was really perfect...deep-ish snow made movement challenging, but a lot of fun to dive in.
-Watching Hilt throw himself into his normal dives and slides with even more abandon than usual.
-A great turnout for a day that ended up being mid-teens for the temperature.
-Capping Bustaninja in the chest immediately after he mocked me for being old.
-Being really surprised that all my guns performed as well as they did in the cold, and my AT2ks not exploding. I have a new appreciation fur turrets.
-Actually scoring a point during CTF.
-The SNAP-1 failing by the end of the day, but getting ideas on how to make it more durable. EDIT: As it turns out, the plunger seal didn't break, the screw just came off of the plunger head. D'oh!
-My NF starting to suck darts into the plunger, making for constant fail shots.
-DJ Moist and MC Duncan Hines!
-Getting to the war by 11 was unfortunate, but considering the weather and my late start, I'm overall pretty pleased. Summer wars = get there the night before.
-Cold weather + AA batteries = dead

3:30 was maybe a little early to call it a day, but I was pleased to be home by 9:00 or so. And as a side note, a war is always a great way to get inspiration for building...I have...ideas.

Edited by Carbon, 18 January 2009 - 09:00 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#6 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

venom: Sad to hear about your NGG. I had never really heard of them before, and was suitably dumbstruck by the power of it. I would have loved to have seen a ridiculous shotgun mod for it.

Carbon: is that a mad scientist grin on your face?

The jokes about wood got old fast :)

#7 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

This war was AWESOME. I though we wouldn't play that much because it was sooo cold but we actually played a lot.
Highlights
- Sliding down the hill and shoot Busta
- Watching Hilt do some wierd flip
- Busta saying "Since its still morning I brought my morning wood." when he brought firewood
- Riding a picnic table down the hill
- Laughing at the Poke Bowl drawing on the stoner table
- None of my guns broke
- Acually being able to play tower

Lowlights
- Being really cold
- Doing the splits in really deep snow and needing someone to help me out

I can't wait to the next war. After seeing Busta's SNAP I am going to make my own varient.
"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

#8 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

Alright, here are the pictures of most Effeminate gun break of all time. This thing literally EXPLODED and pieces from it hit Matt and I IN THE FACE when it blew up. We weren't at all injured though, but these shards are sharp!

First off, the shell. Doesn't look too bad, or does it?........

Posted Image

It was in fact, blown open like so, due to the tank exploding violently.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm guessing that the shell was able to blow open like so because, I only had one screw holding it together.

Posted Image

There are only 4 screw ports on the gun total, so it stayed together fine with just that one. You can see that it didn't blow open the parts of the gun right near the screw and where I was holding it, obviously.

This is what remained of the "internals".

Posted Image

Posted Image

All of the tank parts.

Posted Image

And the overall remains.

Posted Image

Edited by venom213, 18 January 2009 - 10:07 PM.

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

Wow man. Thats just sad and scary at the same time. I am REALLY glad you weren't using that. Honestly, good. The Roto Rocket thing is just dumb. It could stick in bark when singled. That just means you can't even joke about shooting people with it.

Putting a Big Salvo in a Recon Shell. Be Back later.

Beaver, in that picture, am I holding the lightsaber backward? That was badass though. Scott took a shot with his BBB and I blocked it, then as he was reloading I ran in and got a hit on him. Then same with Venom. I blocked his first shot, then doged his second as I ran in, then I hit him right before his other shot glanced off my arm. Although after that I just stopped trying, for the few seconds it was badass. Did you get that on video or was that a still?

And Hilt, your pictures need to some up too.

Edited by BustaNinja, 18 January 2009 - 10:54 PM.

#10 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

Wow man. Thats just sad and scary at the same time. I am REALLY glad you weren't using that. Honestly, good. The Roto Rocket thing is just dumb. It could stick in bark when singled. That just means you can't even joke about shooting people with it.

Putting a Big Salvo in a Recon Shell. Be Back later.

Exactly. When it broke I realized how impractical it is aside from showing people how far it shoots, and shooting an inconsistent as hell blast of balls into your face. I'm glad it was destroyed before I caused any serious injuries with it. Only one person was ever shot by it singled, it was my friend who wouldn't stop making fun of nerf. So, when he came to my party in August, he got a warm welcome of a barrage of stefans from high powered guns at point blank ranges. He bled, and there was a mark for 3+ weeks after. But he's fat, so he hardly felt anything. He just sat there, and said "Ow" in a normal voice volume. I definatley got my money's worth. I got it in the box, with the missile for $5 and had it for about 5 months until it broke.

#11 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

Beaver, in that picture, am I holding the lightsaber backward? That was badass though. Scott took a shot with his BBB and I blocked it, then as he was reloading I ran in and got a hit on him. Then same with Venom. I blocked his first shot, then doged his second as I ran in, then I hit him right before his other shot glanced off my arm. Although after that I just stopped trying, for the few seconds it was badass. Did you get that on video or was that a still?

Sadly, no video. Next war, I'll sit out a round and take some good video.

#12 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

So I heard this was tight, wish I could have gone.

Was there any talk of planning a spring war?

Anyway, on an unrelated note, midway target has blue/green BBBBs in stock. I got 2.

#13 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

Anyway, on an unrelated note, midway target has blue/green BBBBs in stock. I got 2.

I'll probably be hosting one on February 21st. After that will be the annual spring break war in mid March. Holy Shit! Big Blasts are finally back in MN! I'll have to check target the next time I go there. My supply of them was cut off for several months, after they stopped selling them at Walgreen’s.

#14 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

I'll probably be hosting one on February 21st. After that will be the annual spring break war in mid March. Holy Shit! Big Blasts are finally back in MN! I'll have to check target the next time I go there. My supply of them was cut off for several months, after they stopped selling them at Walgreen’s.

Dont you have like 3? What do you do with them? Eat them? Use them as single use dildos? Im curious.

#15 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

- Nerfed
- Lots of first timers with lots of gusto
- Lots of vets
- Lots of snow... fun to dive in... not fun for anything else.
- Cold. Stuff broke. *tear.*
- Fun.

Photos:
Just a few, none edited. Without further ado, my favorite shot of the day.
Posted Image
WHAT NOW, WEATHER.COM!?!

...anyways.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally...
Posted Image
Carbon, what exactly are you aiming for? I'm not pregnant...

'Till next time... cya'll around.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#16 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

Nice pictures Hilt, I was hoping there would be more though. I like in the second pic, Julian looks pretty happy with all that lube and a toy lightsaber.

#17 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

I'm really digging the SNAP/Fedora combo.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#18 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

its a midwest thing. Carbon and I both rock it, and that has become my war hat.

Also, that pulsinator is just wrong. You have no idea of the looks I got when I pointed it at Carbon and just started working it. It just looks like a dildo machine. What was Hasbro thinking? Oh wait, they knew I would see it and want to put the mechanics on any gun just to be able to do that... its so awesome.

Oh, and my SNAP is somewhat fixed, but I think it will become a sentimental piece as the CrossSNAP Version 2 build 1 Mk2 or something like that is in the works. Its gonna have about 1 pound in screws instead of glue.

#19 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

Also, that pulsinator is just wrong. You have no idea of the looks I got when I pointed it at Carbon and just started working it. It just looks like a dildo machine. What was Hasbro thinking? Oh wait, they knew I would see it and want to put the mechanics on any gun just to be able to do that... its so awesome.

That's exactly why I'm buying it. Also, whenever I run around with my Titan or Ultimator with missiles my mom and sister always call it a penis or penisgun. I have done an infinite number of obscene things with those guns.

#20 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

DAMMIT! I missed another great war...

Whatever, I'll catch the next one!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, just staying on my toes for a possible February deployment.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#21 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

DAMMIT! I missed another great war...

Whatever, I'll catch the next one!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, just staying on my toes for a possible February deployment.

Hey there G.I. dude, how's the service? Stay in shape and go get 'em if you gotta deploy!

I normally don't comment in the "war" section, but you guys are hardcore.

As I type this, it's 72 degrees and partly cloudy here in Hawaii.

It's gonna get cold tonight here, though. The weather report said the mercury was going do drop into the mid FIFTIES! Aieee! :mellow:

Good stuff, though. Nerf on (all weather) dudes.

-Piney-
(wearing long sleeves in 70 degree weather-brrrr.)
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#22 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

...I was hoping there would be more though.

Yea, me too actually. As you know though, it was too cold to sit out for more than one round without freezing. Next time. : o) (BTW, you making the MNSBW thread? I don't think I should, as I might not be making it...)

And yea, I like the second picture too. It's Julian being creepy, badass, and a whole lot of other nerfy adjectives... all at the same time (forgive my lack of grammar, the roommate is keeping me up late tonight).

Nice to see you're still around, Piney. If you ever come visit maybe we'll get you a complimentary pair of winter gloves. ;o)
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#23 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

I can't tell you how long I've wanted to nerf in the snow, but it never occurred to me that the plastic on airgun tanks could easily become brittle and shatter.

For that matter, you probably had a good deal of hot glue peeling...I put gun parts in the freezer to remove pesky hot glue.

All the same, wish I could've been there. Thankfully, when we ARE there this July, it won't be snowing so we don't have to worry about gun breakage. But SOME DAY, I'm GOING to nerf in the snow. I'll just leave any airguns behind...

Edited by Falcon, 21 January 2009 - 11:38 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#24 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

Forgot to put in a good recap moment. I had taken out two defenders, grabbed the flag, and was trudging/running my way back to base. Then Hilt sees me, and starts running over. I keep running, and point my SNAP behind me. A little verbal exchange then takes place, with me moving backwards:

HILT: That isn’t loaded, right?
CARBON: I dunno. Why don’t you find out?
CARBON fires. HILT gets hit.
CARBON: Huh, I guess it was loaded!

I tend not to bluff. Makes me horrible at poker.

Carbon, what exactly are you aiming for? I'm not pregnant...

You need to tell me...you're the one who slid into my line of fire.

"Throw me the idol! I'll throw you the SNAP!" Although it ended up being a bit too cold for exposed ears.

It requires conversion to stefans with two inline clips. Firing of said gun then requires evil scientist style laughter. White labcoat and taking a headshot at the end of said laughter is optional.

I have done an infinite number of obscene things with those guns.

Remind me to make an extra effort to not get hit by those missiles. At the very least, wash those things before the next war.

I normally don't comment in the "war" section, but you guys are hardcore.

It's easier to be hardcore when you wear four layers. Everyone took the cold pretty seriously. Snow in the boots was somewhat of a problem, but sweating under all those layers was worse.

Yea, me too actually. As you know though, it was too cold to sit out for more than one round without freezing.

I got about three pictures taken before every battery I brought spontaneously died. Rechargables aren't the best idea in that kind of weather.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#25 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

It requires conversion to stefans with two inline clips.

Whoa, you can do that with a Pulsator? And here I was just thinking it was for silly fun.

I can't tell you how long I've wanted to nerf in the snow, but it never occurred to me that the plastic on airgun tanks could easily become brittle and shatter.

For that matter, you probably had a good deal of hot glue peeling...I put gun parts in the freezer to remove pesky hot glue.

I was surprised at how well all the guns held up. I use hot glue to secure all my couplers, and not one of my guns broke.

Summer should be a good time for Season of Foam. Snow is fun and all, but it causes problems.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 21 January 2009 - 02:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users