Big Salvo

I got a question

11 replies to this topic

#1 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:32 PM

Ok i got a BS yesterday and wanted to mod it. I'm going to use cpvc so it can shoot stefans, but at the same time, i want it to shoot arrows. Should i cut right below the air restrictor and shove the cpvc down the barrel? Or what? Please help, thanks.
Signatures, phigmatures, who uses those anymore. Oh me.

#2 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:46 PM

You can just rip the ARs out and put the CPVC in the stock barrels. You would need to glue it in there to make it air tight.

#3 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, just take a pipe cutter to the posts, 1/2th or so inches away from the tip and cut them off. Then you'll be able to shove CPVC down it, and still be able to take the CPVC out of it to fire missles.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#4 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, just take a pipe cutter to the posts, 1/2th or so inches away from the tip and cut them off. Then you'll be able to shove CPVC down it, and still be able to take the CPVC out of it to fire missles.

When I used a pipe cutter, I damaged the air tanks. I think a light hacksaw would be better.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#5 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

When I used a pipe cutter, I damaged the air tanks. I think a light hacksaw would be better.

What? How? You should be using it on the TIPS not anywhere near the air tanks. The hacksaw would be worse because it creates specs of plastic that could foul up the air tank's opening, the pipecutter is clean!

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

G-613 hit it on the nose. You may also find that the CPVC might be a little tight to just slide it inside. You may need to sand down the outside of the pipe before you try to insert them. I didn't the first time, and cracked the outside tubes on two barrels.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

Should i cut right below the air restrictor and shove the cpvc down the barrel?

You should be figuring this kind of thing out on your own instead of asking for permission or approval from others to do so.
Use some critical thinking instead of simply asking others for the information you will probably only be able to arrive upon by yourself.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • State:Florida

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

CaptainSlug is really right on this one. However, I'll throw you a bone, if you really need it. No cutting is required. Some light prying with a screwdriver popped out all 4 air restrictors on my Big Salvo. From that point, you could either jam some cpvc down the barrels or use the arrows. I'd suggest 6-8" barrels because of how tight cpvc is as a barrel material. Hope this helps.

#9 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

CaptainSlug is really right on this one. However, I'll throw you a bone, if you really need it. No cutting is required. Some light prying with a screwdriver popped out all 4 air restrictors on my Big Salvo. From that point, you could either jam some cpvc down the barrels or use the arrows. I'd suggest 6-8" barrels because of how tight cpvc is as a barrel material. Hope this helps.

I don't know about your Big Salvo, but there was no way in HELL my restrictors were coming out of the tips. 6'' to 8'' Barrels sound good, but it really depends on the CPVC and darts you have. My first 10' of CPVC has a very nice fit which I required NO twisting to get my darts into, my latest batch of CPVC is alot tighter in comparison though.

Basically, NEVER take things you see on these forums as absolute truth. What might be true for one person, might not be true for someone with a different gun and situation. Like that guy that could pop off the barrels of his hornet with just a flat head screwdriver...

Edited by Galaxy613, 14 December 2008 - 09:19 PM.

#10 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

Should i shove it all the way down until it won't go down anymore? Or just half way down, because i don't want to damage the air tanks.
Signatures, phigmatures, who uses those anymore. Oh me.

#11 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:46 PM

"You should be figuring this kind of thing out on your own instead of asking for permission or approval from others to do so. "-C.S

Seriously just learn from trial & error. You will gang more knowledge from that than asking for the answers.

To answer your question partially, I would NOT go all the way down, at least I have not yet. I'll keep my eye on this thread so I can learn from it.

#12 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:32 AM

Shove it down as far as you can, it won't do anything to the seal or anything. The 'poppet', which is the seal for Big-Salvo style airtanks is in the middle in a reccessed area. Even if CPVC reached far enough, the CPVC and dart wouldn't interfere with the 'poppet' seal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users