Problem With My Bbb

Please help I'm a noob

14 replies to this topic

#1 Nobber

Nobber

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

Hey People of NerfHaven, I'm a pretty new Member and I just tried a BBB mod, simply with a barrel, PETG, Modman's PETG. I electrical-taped the PETG at the end, to fit into my barrel and it seemed very stable. Now my problem is that with my 9" PETG, it actually get terrible ranges, like 10 feet. I followed instructions and I still don't understand. Any help?

Edited by Nobber, 14 December 2008 - 12:49 AM.

-You Commie! You Fascist! You anti federalist! You anarchist! You, you Walmart...
-These days, because of the energy crisis, if Santa gave me coal, I'd be happy delighted.
I'd go emo if there wasn't nerf. - DarkShrimp

#2 BarryAllen

BarryAllen

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

I think your problem is simple, barrel too long. I'm not totally sure what the optimum barrel length on a bbb is, but mine gets pretty good ranges at about 3 inches. Try taking it down to 5 or 6 and see what kind of ranges you get then. Optimal length seems to make the BBB get about 70' or so, I believe.

#3 Nobber

Nobber

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

Okay, , I reduced to 4". Now it gets about 25 feet, even less than my NF(35 ft). And people get 70'? Am I missing out on something? :angry:
-You Commie! You Fascist! You anti federalist! You anarchist! You, you Walmart...
-These days, because of the energy crisis, if Santa gave me coal, I'd be happy delighted.

#4 sidewayz

sidewayz

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:19 AM

hey mate welcome to the haven first off. (even though i am fairly new here as well)

i would recomend taking a couple of photos just to help maybe there is something else you have missed id say that would be the best idea, as it maybe something simple but important.

Sidewayz

#5 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:57 AM

First off what darts are you using? I'm assuming since your new you use stock darts. on stock darts you want the barrel to be appoximately the lenght of the dart. Also Petg fits stock darts rather loosely, and typicaly you want a tight fit on springers. I would try puting cpvc as the barrel instead which has an OD just smaller Than the ID of the bbb's original barrel.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#6 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:37 AM

Welcome to the Haven

I can see two problems.
1.) Your darts are too loose for PETG
2.) Your seal is not very good unless you used something other than e-tape

I doubt your barrel is too long for I use an 8.5 inch cpvc barrel and I get 90ft+ ( Unless your using stock darts )

So here's my solution:
Use cpvc/brass, Make stefans and make a better seal.
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#7 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

Well.. have you done any other mods to it other than a barrel replacement..?
AR removal, seal improvement, maybe a spring replacement?
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#8 kluve56

kluve56

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

I agree with Apple fury. I have a 9 inch cpvc barrel, and using stock streamlines get at least 65 feet, with air restrictors removed and a weak spring added. Try using cpvc, it has a much tighter fit on stock darts.
New nerf forum, since nerfhq sucks, and nerfhaven seems to be too strict for some people Nerflovers.net

#9 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:07 PM

I'm his friend, and he did do ar removal. He uses stock darts, so I think that's the problem. But he's such an idiot that he measured using stock MICROS. I told him to use streamlines but he thinks that is being cheap. Streamline ranges are around 50ft.

Edited by Betrayal, 14 December 2008 - 06:07 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#10 Nobber

Nobber

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

[quote name='Betrayal' date='Dec 14 2008, 03:07 PM' post='196175']
I'm his friend, and he did do ar removal. He uses stock darts, so I think that's the problem. But he's such an idiot that he measured using stock MICROS. I told him to use streamlines but he thinks that is being cheap. Streamline ranges are around 50ft.
[/quote
Dude seriously I don't use streamlines cause I choose not too and since they are completely ripped. Stop flamming me for that.

#11 Nobber

Nobber

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

Dude seriously I don't use streamlines cause I choose not too and since they are completely ripped. Stop flamming me for that.

#12 Nobber

Nobber

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

WHOOPS soorry double post I press it twice and pressed quote.

#13 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

I'm not flaming you or anything, but a, Don't triple-post, edit, and b, fix the quote code on the 1st of your triple-post by adding an extra ] at the end of the [/quote]. Your post should have looked like this:

[quote name='Betrayal' post='196175' date='Dec 14 2008, 03:07 PM']
[/quote]
Dude seriously I don't use streamlines cause I choose not to and since they are completely ripped. Stop flaming me for that.

That is how you should post, and it's OK, you probably just accidentally deleted the ]. I am trying to save you from someone flaming you big-time, so if you think this is a flame, it is not.

On topic: you and Betrayal are both right, that micros and Streamlines both suck. I recommend taking the half-ass route: making CTDs. And try 17/32" brass for CTD barrels. Works like a charm for me.

Welcome to the Haven.

Edited by nerfnut23, 14 December 2008 - 07:04 PM.

American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#14 Nobber

Nobber

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

Thanks Nerfnut, that really helped alot, and just to clarify for some reason my EDIT button didn't work so...

Sorry.

#15 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:05 PM

Thanks Nerfnut, that really helped alot, and just to clarify for some reason my EDIT button didn't work so...

Sorry.

Welcome. And I have that problem sometimes too, welcome to the club.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users