Fall Seno Recap

42 replies to this topic

#26 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:02 PM

At the summer SENO I just hung out for the first eight minutes or so of the Free For All round. Camping works, it's not the most fun, and some people say its cheap, but it is effective.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#27 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:40 PM

At the summer SENO I just hung out for the first eight minutes or so of the Free For All round. Camping works, it's not the most fun, and some people say its cheap, but it is effective.

Why would you choose the less-fun option while playing with toys?
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#28 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

Why would you choose the less-fun option while playing with toys?

Exactly. While there's certainly plenty of times when ducking behind the nearest solid object is the right thing to do, I would much rather get shot while doing stuff (like actively trying to avoid getting shot) than not get shot while doing nada.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#29 Myster E

Myster E

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, I see what you mean, but the point is that you are less likely to get hit when stacked behind an object in a defensive position. Like that time in the Team Death Match when your darts kept bouncing off the dumpster, rork. And going with Cmdrmack's initial strategy, it keeps you energized while letting the rest of the players rip themselves to shreds and get tired before you move in.
"breastfeeding from cxwq's nippies".
- rawray7

Thanks for that wonderful mental image. I'm going to kill you now.

- Spoon Nerf God -

#30 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

Yeah, I see what you mean, but the point is that you are less likely to get hit when stacked behind an object in a defensive position. Like that time in the Team Death Match when your darts kept bouncing off the dumpster, rork. And going with Cmdrmack's initial strategy, it keeps you energized while letting the rest of the players rip themselves to shreds and get tired before you move in.

You see me slow down during the day? No. I ran full wherever I went. Its called being in shape. Fortunately I was this time. It made all the difference. At summer SENO I was about dead halfway through but since I am wrestling during this time of year I was not out of gas until halfway through the last round. Therefore, I was able to play offensively. I never camped. I may have took cover real fast or strategically retreated to reload but never camped.

By the way.... Shadow... GET ON AIM! I want those videos ;)
"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#31 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, I used to be able to run like that. But now I'm an old fart and need to conserve my energy. So I let you kids run around and wear yourselves out so that I can be fresh when the right moment comes. Like when I end up as the last person alive on my team and need to play aggressively to survive.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#32 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

On the way Zax ;)
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#33 Myster E

Myster E

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, I used to be able to run like that. But now I'm an old fart and need to conserve my energy. So I let you kids run around and wear yourselves out so that I can be fresh when the right moment comes. Like when I end up as the last person alive on my team and need to play aggressively to survive.

True that. Alas, not everyone in this big wide world is as fit as you Zax :) . I am a runner on my own time, but conserving energy is conserving energy whichever way you look at it.
- rawray7

- Spoon Nerf God -

#34 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

Will you people quit complaining about running. It is getting pretty annoying. Also you can count on my brother being there the whole day next time and hopefully with a better gun. You shall all know the foamy wrath of the indestructable child.

Edited by veginator, 18 December 2008 - 08:34 PM.

#35 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Well off the question of running.. What could we have done better to make the war more a success? I already no that lunch could get no better becuase the sloppy joes were an Effeminate WIN... but what could we improve on for SENO?
"Bitces be crazy"

~Groove 6/26/09

#36 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

+Knocking down the tower for the cable dish, (I hate campers :)).
+Enabling sudden death when theres only 2 people left. I really hate watching them just run around the school 30 times.

Other than that, I'm just glad we can make the trip up there!

Edited by A side of nerf, 18 December 2008 - 09:10 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#37 Myster E

Myster E

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

+Knocking down the tower for the cable dish, (I hate campers :D).
+Enabling sudden death when theres only 2 people left. I really hate watching them just run around the school 30 times.

Other than that, I'm just glad we can make the trip up there!

Yeah... nobody's going on the roof anymore. That wasn't as much fun as was expected.

Maybe we can try the Highlander CTF next time around.
- rawray7

- Spoon Nerf God -

#38 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

For some games, it might be useful to limit the playing area; if play were to be limited to only the back side of the field, say, perhaps including the central courtyard, it should drastically limit the number of extended standoffs, while retaining enough flankable cover to prevent every game from turning into Civil War, and keep things going at a good pace.

And yes; Highlander CTF would be great. Might have to cook up something interesting for the "flag"...
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#39 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

Guys sounds like you had a awsome time! I would love to see some pics of this war also. see you at next years seno =p
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#40 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

Pics as well as a video will be up soon.
"Bitces be crazy"

~Groove 6/26/09

#41 ShadowFire

ShadowFire

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:56 PM

Camping is only fun to suprise people with their gaurd down which is why I got off the roof after everyone knew about it.
I got three people at school interested in nerf by bringing in a modded nf for a physics project.

#42 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

Okay guys, I have the video completed but Youtube is being a douchebag and not allowing me to post it because of some copyright infringement issue. Until I get this resolved, I can send you the vid if you want. Pop me a PM. Sorry for the delay.
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#43 Myster E

Myster E

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

Very nice, very nice...

VIVA LA SENO!!! B)
- rawray7

- Spoon Nerf God -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users