Nf Help

petg is screwed

10 replies to this topic

#1 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:18 PM

Ok, thank you for the admin who validated me, but here is my question. I modded my nf with mod man's petg, which I think is the same as OMC petg. But, when I test fired it, it got crappier ranges than just ar removal. But when I changed the barrel to crayolas, it work beautifully. What the hell's my problem?
QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#2 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

From what I can tell, It's your darts. Springer guns work best with tight barrels, so pressure can build up before the dart is let loose. Crayola is tighter than PETG, and works better with stock darts than PETG does. Your darts most likely are too loose in PETG for springers.

Hope that helps!
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#3 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:57 PM

Yeah, I use stock darts (no fbr in bc), so that's probably it.

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#4 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

I've used both petg's and they were not the same modman's is bigger id at least with both being heavy wall. I have some darts made from Angel's red foam which fits omc petg nicely but they fall out of modman's petg.

Edited by nerf mafia, 10 December 2008 - 06:27 PM.

THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

#5 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

If you bought Petg from mod man, why wouldn't you buy fbr to make stefans aswell?
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#6 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:55 PM

Applefury:

Yeah, I use stock darts (no fbr in bc), so that's probably it.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#7 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:50 PM

Applefury: Noodleownz is right. But I didn't buy fbr from him cause mom doesn't want me to.

nerf mafia: Modman's petg is ID .528 and that's the same as OMC petg. EDIT: Maybe your modman petg is screwed.

Edited by Betrayal, 10 December 2008 - 09:51 PM.

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

I've used both petg's and they were not the same modman's is bigger id at least with both being heavy wall. I have some darts made from Angel's red foam which fits omc petg nicely but they fall out of modman's petg.

Nope, check the dimensions that each seller has up where they sell the foam. Exact same dimensions. It is quite obvious they both order from visipak.

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

What the hell's my problem?

You're stupid?

When using stock darts you get a good fit using crayolas as a barrel, but not with PETG. This isn't a problem, it's a matter of making a choice between two options.
They have different inner diameters and will only work for darts that fit that size of barrel.
Either use crayolas and stock darts, or make stefans and then find a barrel material that fits them. A barrel material isn't going to give you a range improvement if it's not a size that fits your darts.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 14 December 2008 - 07:37 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#10 Joe Chaos

Joe Chaos

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

You can usually get a good fit with CPVC if you are going to continue to use stock darts. If you read the material section I believe the best advice you'll find is to take your darts to a hardware store and find out what barrel material they will fit in best. I use clear CPVC I get through McMaster-Carr (online) that fits most stock darts.

-JC
-...Gib deese people air!

#11 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

I live in Canada on the west coast, so there is no cpvc here.

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users