At2k Question.

Pumps...

14 replies to this topic

#1 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:28 PM

I am rather inexperienced to the AT family, so I am wondering...

As the AT2K is a pump gun, does that mean I can swap the existing bladder for a magstrike one.

Or is the bladder too complicated to even mess with, or simply impossibe?

I did A bit of searching, but did not find much about how an AT2K functions...

Pre-thankage for any helpful response.
QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Dec 26 2008, 01:34 PM) View Post

Coal? You're santa arent you! You didn't give me that bike I wanted! Prepare to die!

Also active as Slayer_of_OnE at NerfLovers!

#2 L0pper

L0pper

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

The at2k uses a valve not a bladder. I suggest looking at some picture in the mod directory for reference.

#3 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

As the AT2K is a pump gun, does that mean I can swap the existing bladder for a magstrike one.

A common misconception is that all pump guns are the same. This is not the case. There are actually at least 3 different types of compressed air Nerf gun setups and rarely are they interchangable. As such, the AT2k does not have a bladder. You may be able to hook it up to the AT2k airtank but there is no way you'll just 'swap' it out.

Edited by Galaxy613, 11 December 2008 - 10:35 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#4 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

L0pper, not really.

The AT2K uses an air tank with a valve not a bladder. There is no way you can swap that. There was a post a bout an AT2K tank extension not that long ago. Try that.

EDIT: Galaxy partially beat me to it.

Edited by Tornado13, 11 December 2008 - 10:36 PM.

#5 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:23 PM

Ahh... thanks... is it possible to use a MAG pump though?

Coal? You're santa arent you! You didn't give me that bike I wanted! Prepare to die!

#6 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:33 PM

If you wanted to add a huge pump to a gun then sure but totally impractical when it only takes 7-15 pumps to fill the tank (don't know exact pump:fill tank ratio).

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:53 PM

You could, but then you would need to add a check valve as the MagStrike pump tube doesn't have one (if I recall correctly). I believe the check valve in the MagStrike is located in the bladder inlet (again, I'm not positivie, but I think I remember it not being in the pump tube).

#8 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:18 AM

You could, but then you would need to add a check valve as the MagStrike pump tube doesn't have one (if I recall correctly). I believe the check valve in the MagStrike is located in the bladder inlet (again, I'm not positivie, but I think I remember it not being in the pump tube).

Correct on both counts.
The Magstrike OPRV is a button in the end cap of the bladder - when it extends far enough, the button presses itself on the inside of the chamber.

He isn't talking about the Over Pressure Valve, he is talking about the Check Valve.

I don't know why the MagStrike's pump WOULDN'T have a check valve in it. That would be breaking from every single pump gun I know. BUT I never have owned or been inside a MagStrike so I cannot testify.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#9 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

I know for sure that the pump tube in the Lightning Blitz does not have a check valve, and I'm pretty sure the same holds true for the Secret Shot 2. They both have check valves in the tanks.

#10 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 06:01 PM

If you wanted to add a huge pump to a gun then sure but totally impractical when it only takes 7-15 pumps to fill the tank (don't know exact pump:fill tank ratio).

Just to let you know if you do mod your at2k it wont take more than 5 pumps, some tanks can get away with 6 but most break after that. And yes you can put a larger pump on it. Personally if I had an extra magstrike pump I would do it. You will have a much quicker reload time with one pump instead of 5 or 6.

#11 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

magstrike pump definatly has a oneway/check valve in it, im using one in my hornet
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#12 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:16 AM

magstrike pump definatly has a oneway/check valve in it, im using one in my hornet

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't want to have to open up one of my MagStrikes just to check this. I wonder where I got that notion in the first place???

#13 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

So, my closing question now is...

*opens letter*

If I wanted to mod an AT2K to get maximum range, the highest tank capacity, and to lower the number of pumps it takes to fill the tank, then what would this hypothetical cough*WIP*cough mod cosist of?

#14 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:26 AM

So, my closing question now is...

*opens letter*

If I wanted to mod an AT2K to get maximum range, the highest tank capacity, and to lower the number of pumps it takes to fill the tank, then what would this hypothetical cough*WIP*cough mod cosist of?

Single it, plug the pump and make good, consistent darts which fit your barrel material well. You don't need to replace the pump; the AT2k pump is very adequate.

And of course, read a bunch of write-ups for inspiration and guidance.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 13 December 2008 - 02:28 AM.

#15 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:33 AM

The first thing you want to do is improve flow rate (discussed in this thread). You will also want to plug the pump. If you want to improve efficiency, remove the goo gauge (it's really not helping at all), and just connect the tubing from the pump into the tank (you'll need some extra tubing and a connector such as a barbed coupler). That will save you maybe a pump or two. Then, if you still feel that you need more range (you shouldn't) then you can do a tank expansion by attaching a PVC coupler directly to the air tank, drilling a hole in the tank about 3/8-1/2" wide and then inserting a piece of 1/2" PVC into the coupler and capping it off and sealing it with PVC primer and cement.

I will be providing a write-up for that last part shortly (maybe as soon as tomorrow?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users