Nf2k - Loose Approximation Of Boltok Pistol

I know it's been done but not like this

23 replies to this topic

#1 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

I don't like to post things until I finish them, but if I wait until all my projects are 100% done before I post them, I will never get to show anything off. Anywho...this is an AT2K airtank inside of an NF shell. The purpose of this was to make the AT2K more holsterable, comfortable and less horrifically ugly. I despise everything about the AT2K shell. The only downside to this mod is the shortened pump, which takes 5-6 pumps rather than 3-4 to fully pressurize. Honestly though, are a couple more pumps going to kill you? No. Here she is. The NF2K:

Posted Image

My ultimate goal is to have two sidearms: one of these AT2Ks and one NF, but they will be cosmetically modded into loose approximations of Left Head and Right Head of Cerberus from the show gungrave, but the crosses will be neon green and purple (those are kinda my colors).

The blaster is fired by simply pulling the NF trigger. The trigger of the NF was attached to the firing pin via a piece cut and shaped from the LS front-gun. The piece is fishin glued to the trigger, but isn't actually attached to the pin. The top of the front-gun piece is like a "U" that cradles the pin and is small enough that the orange piece on the pin can't pass through it.

The pump was shortened, but to keep maximum length in a tiny package, the pump shaft extends into a custom PVC/plexi pump handle. To keep the pump shaft attached, I used a dremel to shoulder a 1/4" piece of plexiglas and put a "+" in the middle of it to hold the shaft. Right now, there is just a hole through all of that and a tiny allen wrench stuck through it, but I will eventually JB Weld them together. I also took the "+" shaped piece from the AT2K shell and glued it onto the front of the orange piece which is over the pump tube. This orange piece(which is actually the trigger from the AT2K) is glued to the NF shell to keep the pump shaft from coming all the way out of the blaster.

The barrel of this thing is a ~6" piece of PETG inside of 1/2" PVC, and it is attached to the blaster via a coupler which was cut in half, so there is absolutely no dead space on this thing. The air comes out of the tank and directly into the dart. Ranges are typical AT2K ranges. Here are some pics that will hopefully make everything make sense in case I did a bad job of explaining how everything works.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Questions? Comments?

Edited by slowguitarman, 16 January 2009 - 07:21 PM.

Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#2 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:29 PM

Great mod. I figure it gets the same ranges as a singled AT2K. Great way of minimizing an already small gun.

Edited by slienced assassin, 16 January 2009 - 07:40 PM.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

Sweet, I would totally do this if I could manage the to get the tank pointing perfectly straight in the shell. If yours is, then major kudos. Good job all around, and the handle that fits over the pump shaft is quite genius.

#4 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Very nice - not original, but I like your implementation of the pump. The pump handle - does it actually slide over the end of the pump? If it does, kudos - that's a very clever way to extend the pump.

If you make another one, I would suggest cutting off the goo gauge piece and running the tubing straight into the tank - it will look a bit nicer that way (but it honestly looks fine how it is).

Sweet, I would totally do this if I could manage the to get the tank pointing perfectly straight in the shell. If yours is, then major kudos.

If you attach a long (12" or more) barrel to the tank while you are gluing it into the shell, you can look down the sights and manually straighten it whilst the glue hardens.

#5 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:09 PM

Very well done. Would you consider selling these. Also does it hold up pretty well?Bpso: I think this looks like your SM.5's.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 09 December 2008 - 08:10 PM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#6 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

@ JSB: Thanks. I actually used the KISS method for once, and it worked well.

@ SA: It get singled AT2K ranges, if that's what you mean.

@ TB: Yes, the tank is in the shell straight.

@ DB: Putting an AT2K tank into an NF shell is not original, and I stated that in the title of this topic. The way I did it though, is original, I am 99.9% sure that nobody has done it like this. Especially not the pump. Also, yes, it does slide over the end of the pump. I wanted to have a decent pump length without having a huge thing sticking out of the blaster. A 12" barrel isn't necessary to straighten it. I used the barrel on it. It isn't glued in place (yet), but it is straight. I didn't get rid of the goo gauge because I didn't know much about air guns at the time. I also did this mod in about 2 hours from start to finish. I don't plan on making anymore exactly like this one, but I do plan on making a "Split2K" as a way to have Split Fire performance from readily available guns.

@ LSW: I don't know. They aren't hard to make, but I don't want to sell anymore of my AT2Ks. Since I bought 14 of them from Big Lots, I have become very attached to them. It would also cost more than what I think most people would pay. I paid $6.50 for the AT2K and NFs in my area are now $8, so it wouldn't be worth it at all to sell them for less than $20 each. Yes, it does hold up well, though, for as much as I have used it. To make it large war worthy, it needs to be minimized (remove ammo holders) and glue everything down, but the pump has stayed put and it was my biggest worry. Fishin' Glue FTW!!

Edited by slowguitarman, 09 December 2008 - 08:19 PM.

#7 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:34 PM

I'd pay $25-$30 for one due to lack of tools to make one + extreme desire of one. I love 2K's and have wanted one that isn't so large. I'm serious about it looking like a SM.5K. And DAMN you need that many 2K's to keep you satisfied.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 09 December 2008 - 08:37 PM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"

#8 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

Goddamnit i need another 2K. Theres a mod similar to this which i want to complete, but i can't without the 2K.
Very nice mod, i like how you didn't need to cut open the NF's shell completely to fit in the tank like i did on Vicarious.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#9 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:39 PM

There would be even less cutting if you remove the goo guage.
Favorite Quotes:

#10 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

Very nice. Is that thing heavy? The weight from the 2k seems to unbalance the nf.
QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#11 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

Necro!!! for good reason.

I decided to make a loose approximation of the Boltok pistol from GOW 2, so I figured I'd show the finished product minus paint and final prettying up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It has a 9/16" brass barrel that is breech loaded. Here is a pic of the closed breech:

Posted Image

And the opened breech:

Posted Image

The breech is opened when the pump is pulled out:
Posted Image

Then the breech is closed when the pump is pushed in:
Posted Image

I also plan on adding some ammo holders behind the barrel that look like the cylinder of a revolver. They should be good looking and functional.

Here is also a pic to show the straightness of the barrel:
Posted Image

#12 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

Looks great but one qyestion about the breech...Don't you have tro pump that atleast 4 times? So doesn't that mean that your breech is openning and closing every pump? I can easily see your darts shredding....
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#13 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

Looks great but one qyestion about the breech...Don't you have tro pump that atleast 4 times? So doesn't that mean that your breech is openning and closing every pump? I can easily see your darts shredding....

I actually pump it six times, but no, it will not shred darts. The 19/32" brass doesn't even come close to touching the dart.

Thanks, JSB.

#14 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

That's pretty awesome... I love the new styling. Finally a use for those stupid Recon barrels!
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#15 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

Holy shit. JSB, the breach works just like an Angel breach. Barrel and 1/2 pipe of 9/16, and some 19/32 over it. I realized, if you have a pin holding the breach to the pump, pull, pressurize, release, pump again. Shoot hole in wall. :o But seriously, SGM, kudos. Bravo.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#16 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

When I was this I thought to myself..."Damn, that thing is fuckin' sweet". Nice job, I really like it. Make shure to update when you get the paint done. Damn...now I want one.

#17 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

Holy shit. JSB, the breach works just like an Angel breach. Barrel and 1/2 pipe of 9/16, and some 19/32 over it. I realized, if you have a pin holding the breach to the pump, pull, pressurize, release, pump again. Shoot hole in wall. :o But seriously, SGM, kudos. Bravo.

The breech works nothing like an angel breech. It is just 9/16" with a half-pipe cut out and 19/32" over that.

#18 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:06 AM

Sorry, internet freaked out.

Edited by slowguitarman, 17 January 2009 - 01:06 AM.

#19 General Nerf

General Nerf

• Banned
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:05 AM

eh... how does that resemble a boltok pistol?
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I am Rambo Fear me with all your might! ugh nnnnnoooooo I just got shot with a nerf dart! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! eh..eh..help me...

#20 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:55 AM

If you look at what most people consider to be good replica nerf guns (excluding the Lancer and the Halo assault rifle of course), this one is pretty much right on in terms of the look. I can't wait to see it all painted up.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#21 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

eh... how does that resemble a boltok pistol?

That's why I said it's a "loose approximation" of the Boltok. Let me explain since you don't grasp this concept. A replica is something like my Lancer. I strove to great heights to get my lancer to look as much like the game version as I could. The halo rifle is also a replica as it is very much like the one from the game. An approximation is something like F_a24's original Lancer. It covers all the basics such as the chainsaw and sights, but it isn't very close to what the game version looks like. Here we have a loose approximation. The Boltok pistol is a very large revolver which packs a big punch. Once I put the ammo holder/cylinder on, this will be a large revolver, and since it has an AT2K powering it, it will pack a big punch.

Thank you, VelveetaAvenger.

#22 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

Holy shit. JSB, the breach works just like an Angel breach. Barrel and 1/2 pipe of 9/16, and some 19/32 over it. I realized, if you have a pin holding the breach to the pump, pull, pressurize, release, pump again. Shoot hole in wall. :D But seriously, SGM, kudos. Bravo.

The breech works nothing like an angel breech. It is just 9/16" with a half-pipe cut out and 19/32" over that.

In a way it does. Breach cover slides back, dart falls/is put into 1/2 pipe cut out of barrel, breach cover slides forward, sealing it, then fired, and repeat.

#23 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:37 PM

Holy shit. JSB, the breach works just like an Angel breach. Barrel and 1/2 pipe of 9/16, and some 19/32 over it. I realized, if you have a pin holding the breach to the pump, pull, pressurize, release, pump again. Shoot hole in wall. :( But seriously, SGM, kudos. Bravo.

In a way it does. Breach cover slides back, dart falls/is put into 1/2 pipe cut out of barrel, breach cover slides forward, sealing it, then fired, and repeat.

If you want to get technical, all breeches work exactly the same, but within breeches, this works nothing like an angel breech. Also, the cover slides forward to open the breech, not back.

P.S. Just an explanation, so please don't get your feathers ruffled.

#24 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

Holy shit. JSB, the breach works just like an Angel breach. Barrel and 1/2 pipe of 9/16, and some 19/32 over it. I realized, if you have a pin holding the breach to the pump, pull, pressurize, release, pump again. Shoot hole in wall. :) But seriously, SGM, kudos. Bravo.

If you want to get technical, all breeches work exactly the same, but within breeches, this works nothing like an angel breech. Also, the cover slides forward to open the breech, not back.

P.S. Just an explanation, so please don't get your feathers ruffled.

Oh, I didn't know the motion direction, I thought it moved back, not forward. Sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users