Photo

Good Gun Combos Pt. 2

8 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTheHedgehog300

ShadowTheHedgehog300

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

First of all, I would like to thank everybody that replied to my first post ever! I really appreciate everybody's advice.

Okay, first thing's first. Gun combos. Now a lot of people named individual guns, while others say that it all depends on what type of war you are doing, and I completely agree with both. But I do lean towards the second one though. Because it truly does depend on where the war is, and who you'll be facing.

Next, Darts. A very experienced contributer and member, CaptainSlug and another member Minsc said that I should just make Stefans. That's fine and dandy, but I can't really find any store that sells FBR, and no offense guys, but I really don't trust net sellers. There are just too many risks when you buy from the net. So if you guys know any other hardware store that I can buy FBR, please tell me, and if there are any nicknames for it, also please tell me.

Next, Mods. Now practically half of the members that replied mentioned what mods they had for their guns. One of them suggested that I shouldn't stretch the springs, but just add more springs. Well, that's kinda too late, since they've been stretched for a while. But if there is a way to collapse them, please reply.

Well, that all I wanted to say, oh an again, Thank You to all who replied to my first post, peace!!!!
I am one man.

#2 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

Am I the only one missing the point in these threads? Seriously, is there any fucking point in these threads?
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#3 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

The two combinations I use (vulcan/recon and longshot/maverick) are all stock, as we play mainly indoors in fairly tight quarters. They are very effective for my purposes.

#4 coltsboy29

coltsboy29

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

Not alone rokor. I realize that people are curious, but making a thread about it is pointless.
Totally not gettin' siggy with it at all.

#5 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

Seriously? Did you really need to make a new thread when you already have another one active where you could have just asked your questions?

I have no idea if you can get a spring to go back to normal if you have stretched it but I am going to guess no.

As for the darts, quit being a baby and order from the net. If no stores around you carry fbr then just order it from the internet. Both swiftnerf and modman have ebay stores and are reliable sellers. If you don't want to go through ebay then I believe herticorp is still selling foam. Either way it can be found on the web from good sellers. Just don't assume that everyone on the internet has been on "To Catch A Predator" at some point in their lives.
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

Grow up a little and order some foam online. Or do a better job of looking. All of the big box home improvement stores carry it, most hardware stores like True Value and ACE carry it... You just aren't looking in the right places. ANd if you can't find it, ASK A SALES PERSON. That's what they get paid for.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 bamblack2000

bamblack2000

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:29 PM

Because I don't feel like flaming you...

Sometimes you can find FBR at lowes. I mean I can't at my local one but I've heard that people have.
If you don't want to use stefans thats okay, just use stock darts. If you're playing indoors I would recommend stock darts.

It depends on indoors or outdoors for most stuff really. For indoors personally I would get guns with good ROF and easy reloading. Obviously range isn't quiet as important indoors as outdoors. For outdoors longshots work good or a PAS. Its all personal preference. Find what kind of guns you like and experiment.

And one note about buying/selling online.

I understand how its a little "risky" online but seriously, its just as risky as using a credit card in a store. Paypal is the best way to go. Start out with little orders from well respected/good feedbacked members. Slowly you will work your way up. You will never get far in nerf with only guns that are in stores.

If you need more pm me, I have nothing to do while I procrastinate, except of coarse work on my xbow.

#8 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

Ah Damn... there's a part two!?!?! Seriously!

Anyways, there may be a way to collapse springs. It invloves temperature treating it, and then leaving it compressed for a certain amount of time, but I think that in the end (good LP song), you will get worse performance than how you started off with stock springs. You may as well go reconstruct your arsenal from the ground up...

Edit: Wow. Avatar thief. I feel so thieved from.

Edited by Puppy-§layer, 08 December 2008 - 08:43 PM.

QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Dec 26 2008, 01:34 PM) View Post

Coal? You're santa arent you! You didn't give me that bike I wanted! Prepare to die!

Also active as Slayer_of_OnE at NerfLovers!

#9 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

Not anymore. We're done here. Shadow, you're skating on incredibly thin ice.
I hate you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users