#1 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:40 AM

Stormbringer

Posted Image

One Badassed Longshot.
Stormbringer is a singled PVC nested petg/Cpvc bolt action breech setup. It has a Stock LS spring as well as a BBB spring. It has a reinforced cache spring as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image

There is no longer a clip. The ability to rear load the stefan into the barrel via bolt action makes the reload time worth it. There is no power loss due to a poor stock breech setup. And a full length quality barrel setup is able to be used.
It still loads much quicker then a removable barrel setup. And only requires the one barrel instead of multiples.

The integrated gun is a titan. The stock pump has been replaced with a dual action sports pump. Acceptable performance can be reached in as little as 10-15 pumps.

The trigger of the gun is what used to be the clip release. It's been cut and reinforced to be able to trigger the titan.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The titan has been modified to accept a range of custom barrel setups that can be changed on the fly. All parts to keep compatibility were made from 1 1/2" sink drain adapters and extension pipes. I used plastic for weight and cost savings. As well I have converted what was the original tactical rail of the LS into an ammo holder that fits the rail adapter on the side of the original titan housing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
In front you will see the grenade launcher. More of a novelty of the gun rather then a feasible weapon for war usage. It shoots custom made mongo stefans made from 1 1/2" pipe insulation and craft foam.
Posted Image

Next we have the Singled barrel adapter. For sake of being able to reload quickly without ramrodding a dart or having to unscrew the whole adapter from the base I installed a 1/2" PVC coupler into this adapter.
Posted Image

With this barrel you could sit back and "loser" all day. For sake of not hurting people however one can be mindful of how many pumps they are using.

Now the real beauty of the front gun. The Tri-barrel 9 dart shotgun.
Posted Image
Load this baby up and give it about 20 pumps. And you have a 9 dart volley that will spread about 10ft over about a 50ft distance. Getting rushed? Not a problem.
Posted Image

Edited by Blacksunshine, 09 December 2008 - 06:30 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#2 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:42 AM

Internal reinforcements

Many reinforcements were done to the shell of the gun. Any part that would take stress I added epoxy putty to the back side of to give it more stability. Such as the back of the plunger tube.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The grip also would twist under strain of cocking it so I added some putty there as well.
Posted Image

The barrel was also a tricky part to get to stay still. Since I had to remove a lot of the stock barrel supports to get the PVC setup in I had to make my own supports. Epoxy Putty was my best friend on this build.
Posted Image

Of course every good primary needs a secondary just in case. used the shotgun and getting rushed. Arms can't cock the dual spring setup fast enough. This is not a problem. Let go of the rifle and the integrated strap keeps it at your side.
Posted Image

And pull out this baby.
Posted Image
Pistol splat (wipeout) with a 4" brass barrel nested partially in the original barrel and partially in a PVC sheath.
Posted Image
Vacuum load darts no problem. And with the 6 dart holder right under your hand you don't even have to reach back into your pocket to reload.

I’m sorry this isn’t more of a straight up how to mod. Much of what was done you will simply have to figure out from what you can see in the pics and your own how to. This is not for the inexperienced modder. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer here in this thread. Please don’t PM me with questions until this is an old topic. I built the gun over a couple months small amounts at a time when I had time to work on it between other projects.

UPDATE- VIDEO

Edited by Langley, 18 August 2012 - 11:39 AM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#3 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:55 AM

I pray I'm not the only one who gets the Stormbringer reference.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the breech itself? I may have misread, but I am curious to see how you made a seal between the CPVC and PETG.

That's a truly beautiful Longshot. Surely beats out any of mine.

Edited by Gears, 07 December 2008 - 10:00 AM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#4 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:37 AM

Oh my DAMN! I wish I had one of those beauties. Will HAVE to do this whem I get anpther longshot and titan. Beautiful mod dude.
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Rabbit + Hunting Bullet from a hunting rifle = exploded rabbit

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:12 AM

Nice. I am planning on doing something similar with my xbow, except I am going to put the tank underneath.
I would too like to know how you sealed the CPVC and PETG.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#6 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:23 PM

Nice work there. I am doing something similar to this, but I am using an AT2K tank to launch six darts from three barrels. I am getting ranges anywhere from 50'-80' with those darts, so maybe I should try loading it up with nine darts. I am also using the AT2K tank as opposed to my original Titan idea because it will be skinny enough for me to do one of my custom internal shotgun grips. I am going for a pseudo-m16 w/ m203 launcher replica...well, more of an approximation, but I will be doing a green and purple paint scheme to cover any realism haha.

On a side note: No, my AT2K ranges are not BS. They are measured ranges and average to about 60'. My tank has had extensive modification and can take 15 pumps from a titan pump in order to get these distances. It is also about 5" longer than most AT2K tanks. I'll post a pic in a new thread if I remember.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#7 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

I pray I'm not the only one who gets the Stormbringer reference.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the breech itself? I may have misread, but I am curious to see how you made a seal between the CPVC and PETG.

That's a truly beautiful Longshot. Surely beats out any of mine.

I am also wondering how is the seal between the PETG and CPVC. Very nice work on the breech though, I am just wondering how top heavy is your longshot?
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#8 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:18 PM

MSDFS,Icespartan-
Here you will see the bolt made from CPVC fits all the way back into the plunger. Around the front of the cpvc I have fitted a ring of ½” PVC
Posted Image

And here the receiving end a ½” PVC coupler. The coupler goes right to the barrel so this is where you are gonna load the dart in the rear of the petg that is nested inside the PVC.
Posted Image

Bob- I think at the last war when I wanted it out of the way I shoved it in one of my lower pockets on my cargo pants. But if you’ve owned a pistol splat you will have noticed there’s a ring on the back of the grip for a wrist strap. It would be just as easy to put a wrist strap on it and let it hang while using the main gun. The ammo holder is actually pretty well made. It would take some serious abuse to break it. I usually don’t toss my guns around even during wars. (Cept at the last war when I was pissed that I broke my Violator and threw it)

Edited by Langley, 18 August 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#9 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

I'm so pissed I missed this because I couldn't come to the last W@M! There needs to be another one. Soon.

Anyway awesome job, killer PJ.

#10 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:09 PM

Did you have to increase the plunger seal on the Pistolsplat in order for it to vacuum load?

Mine doesn't vacuum load...but maybe it's just a combination of a too-tight dart fit and not-so-airtight barrel on my end.

Good stuff all around, by the way.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#11 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

I've actually been making one of these ever since you posted it in the mods/PJs thread. But I used Ice's singled LS mod and I don't have a barrel set up yet. Could you post the materials you used to make the shot gun attachment for yours out of? Mine isn't as awsome as yours, but here's a pic anyways:
Posted Image
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

Very nice work BS.
I like the eyeball stefans.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#13 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

Wow, Excellent job. I can't wait to see this in action during our summer wars.
Props
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#14 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

I said it once and I'll say it again, a titan is the LAST thing I can imagine someone putting on a longshot, but I'm so glad you did it. The only thing I can complain about is how the titan is fired, just seems like a really weird way to fire it, awkward to pull something like that fast and hard. If I ever made one of these I'd make the hanger into a ring and make it so I have to reach up into the place where the clip used to be. At any rate, amazing mod. Keep it up.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#15 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:07 PM

Fucking badass. And while I get the reference (Whoo!), I'm not gonna spoil it... This is one of the best-looking guns I've seen on this site, and I've been looking forward to the writeup ever since you put up photos. Nicely done, sir.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#16 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:04 PM

YES it's finally here! I remember seeing this in the mod/paintjob thread and drooling...
Now I need a longshot and a Titan.

#17 zadjii

zadjii

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

Definitely doing something like this to Longshot #4. #3 is already deemed to be AT2Ked and sidearm integrated, and shotgunned. but really, someone beat me to the OH HOT DAM. I want one. like more than i want your mom I LOVE the paintjob. If only it still used a clip. And what up with the reference? Im gonna go stay up 5hrs now to find out. TO THE INTERNET!!!
-Cpvc that's been under your home for 10 years can shatter. New Cpvc doesn't, unless you enjoy violently beating your gun on a tree.
-If you could figure out how to strap a Vulcan as a hand replacement, that would be sweet. I would just stop there, and run around calling myself Mega Man.

#18 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

Did you have to increase the plunger seal on the Pistolsplat in order for it to vacuum load?

Mine doesn't vacuum load...but maybe it's just a combination of a too-tight dart fit and not-so-airtight barrel on my end.

Good stuff all around, by the way.

I don't remember doing anything major to the PS. I just removed all restrictions, including the restriction spring. But yeah a good dart barrel/combo is essential cause it is kinda touchy about what darts it will vacuum in.

Very nice work BS.
I like the eyeball stefans.

Hah thanks man! I had to do something to keep my darts different from everyone else's around here. So many are using my darts now around here even the colors aren't enough to tell them apart at wars.

Thanks.
Yes, I have three of them, and that lanyard loop is long gone from the one that I use most.
Practical, maybe, but I have big hands, and found it digging into my hand the single most uncomfortable thing about the shell. Either it, or the screw lug hanging down from the main pivot, had to go. Since the lug holds the shell together, there was no contest. But it is a good point that a lanyard could be useful. Especially for the PS that I hope to put a magazine on. Perhaps I'll rig up an alternative lanyard loop on the bottom of the grip - all I'd really need to do is wrap a stiff wire around the lower screwpost and have a loop of it emerge from a hole in the butt.

I also suffer from the big hands issue. I was thinking a eyelet screw in the bottom of the PS would work quite nicely as a replacement to the stock strap hole. They really did put it in a shitty spot didn't they.

#19 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

Sorry for the double post, but you still didn't answer my question of what size pipe you used to create the shotgun attachment. I just need the size of the pipe and then I will be almost finished with mine.

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#20 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

Sorry for the double post, but you still didn't answer my question of what size pipe you used to create the shotgun attachment. I just need the size of the pipe and then I will be almost finished with mine.

The titan has been modified to accept a range of custom barrel setups that can be changed on the fly. All parts to keep compatibility were made from 1 1/2" sink drain adapters and extension pipes.

Cause I answered it in the original post.

#21 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:58 AM

The titan has been modified to accept a range of custom barrel setups that can be changed on the fly. All parts to keep compatibility were made from 1 1/2" sink drain adapters and extension pipes.

Cause I answered it in the original post.

Oh, sorry, I didn't catch that part. I'll try to look harder next time. Again, sorry for being a dumbass.

#22 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

Awesome. Watching that LS in action at the last WAM was amazing.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#23 Tiger

Tiger

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:16 PM

Nice work.I got a question,what blue is that,that you used?
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Feb 12 2009, 10:23 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Skorpion @ Feb 12 2009, 05:19 AM) View Post

Thats awesome! But whats the range?

About five months.

#24 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:43 PM

And Update on Stormbringer.
It is pending sale at this time. So as a final fairwell I decided to make a video for it.
So here she is for all to see.

So now that I've brought myself to actually put it for sale, if for some reason the pending sale falls through I will be posting a sale thread so that whoever wants can enter the bidding war.
Then you can own your own slice of pure awesome.

BTW I recommend watching it in HD.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 06 March 2009 - 03:22 PM.

#25 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

Excellent video, can't wait to see this beast in person.
Again, I truely admire this blaster.
And by the way, I think the sight's new?
I like it.

And no, no deal is falling through, so don't worry.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users