Cpvc Longshot

uhmm, i need some help

7 replies to this topic

#1 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:48 PM

If any of you have succesfully modded the longshot cpvc'd, please show a picture of the internals. I tried making one last night, but it won't catch for some reason. Please help.
Signatures, phigmatures, who uses those anymore. Oh me.

#2 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 12:56 PM

Well, I've never done a cpvc'd longshot mod, but from what I've heard, I'd say you have to reinforce the cache mechanism spring if you added springs because if it's too strong the cache won't hold from the force.

Edited by deadshooter711, 07 December 2008 - 12:56 PM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:05 PM

Search. We aren't here to do your work for you. I know for a fact I've seen several internal pics of CPVC'd LS's.

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

The internals have dick to do with it. You need to put in a stronger catch spring. If you replace the main spring or add springs to it, it will be too much pressure for the small catch spring. Use one out of a pen.
Then it should catch.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#5 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

Are you sure your plunger rod moves back far enough for it to catch? That happend to me the first time I tried, and it wasnt making it to the catch.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#6 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

Well, I've never done a cpvc'd longshot mod, but from what I've heard, I'd say you have to reinforce the cache mechanism spring if you added springs because if it's too strong the cache won't hold from the force.

That's not entirely true. My LS has a LS spring and a Nitefinder spring in it. I've had it for about ten months and neither the bolt sled nor the catch show any signs of wearing.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#7 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

Are you sure your plunger rod moves back far enough for it to catch? That happend to me the first time I tried, and it wasnt making it to the catch.

Same here, if you can just cut down anything that might be limiting how far back you plunger rod goes. If it still doesn't catch try posting some pics, or even .... drum roll .... searching, as Tantum Bull said.
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#8 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Thank you everyone for helping. I figured it out and it works. For some odd reason, it only shoots 50feet flat.
Signatures, phigmatures, who uses those anymore. Oh me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users