Lancer Tutorial

HELLA AWESOME!!

12 replies to this topic

#1 lonshotparty

lonshotparty

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:44 PM

Its a Longshot with a barrel change, a paint job, and an attached cardboard chainsaw. Yes, its awesome.

Posted Image
The Gun itself is from the Video game Gears of War, you essenially saw bad guys apart in between shooting. Its very practical during a nerf war because of the barrel mod, even tough its akward to have a bloody looking piece o' cardboard
on a longshot.

Materials:

Longshot [duh]

Chrome/silver paint

Chaos Black paint

Blood Red Paint

screwdriver

medium sized wad of clay

large piece of cardboard

Two small rings of PVC

Glue [prefferably Tacky]

P1010031.JPG

Step 1. stensil out the shape of the chainsaw. make it however you like but just make sure it can be glued to the front and undercarriage of the gun. You dont have to remove the bipod because it looks weird with out it.

Step 2. Remove the gun's shoulder stock.

Step 3. Cut out [remember teeth on the chainsaw] and apply generous amounts of glue to where it connects with the gun.

Step 4. Using the Hacksaw remove the rail on top of the gun. You might want to use something to sandwich it between to
stabilize your cut.

Step. 5 Apply a thin base coat of chaos black to the frame of the gun and let sit for a while. After that put on a scattered layer of chrome. Quickly wipe away w/ paper towels some of the paint so it has a varnished gunmetal finish. Lightly go over the words on the gun with the silver and it'll look really cool :mellow:

Step 6. Paint the cardboard chainsaw Black and let it sit to dry. Use the Red paint to make it look like blood splatters. You might also want to carry a bit of red up to the gun so it looks like the blood spattered.

Step 7. Unscrew the front part of the gun and remove the barrel and the stopper. Unscrew the Front gun and remove it's barrel and place it in the Main gun. Use the clay to surround the barrel and stop it from sliding out of the gun. Glue the Rings of PVC onto the Front and the second nubbin where the rail used to be

U should let the gun sit over night and dry. When you wake up you'll have a shiny new LANCER!!

Edited by lonshotparty, 23 December 2008 - 04:05 PM.

Head Meet BOOMSTICK!!

#2 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:51 PM

Your 'barrel replacement' is simply putting the barrel from the front gun on it?

You don't even have pictures of your mod... and

I think you should see this.

http://nerfhaven.com...10596&hl=lancer
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#3 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:53 PM

If we (the general Nerf modding public) were going to make a Lancer, we would go all out. Like Angel.

I actually thought about doing this for a while, till I realized that its card board.

Anyway, pictures and it may be considered a nice cosmetic mod, however its not deserving of its own thread at all unless it has pictures, then it should just go in the Mods and Paintjobs thread. Word to the wise.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#4 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:53 PM

Your 'barrel replacement' is simply putting the barrel from the front gun on it?

You shut is lazy ass down. ( inside joke from my school)
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Rabbit + Hunting Bullet from a hunting rifle = exploded rabbit

#5 lonshotparty

lonshotparty

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

Yeah Ive seen ANgels and I know its better but didnt really want to have an extra five pounds on my gun because of a toy chainsaw. All im saying is that i want an easy one day external mod and this is what i thought off. and i cant figure out how to upload pics
Head Meet BOOMSTICK!!

#6 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:01 AM

You could also check out this. I still kinda can't believe that nobody likes it. Oh well. Anyway, if you want a lancer, at least put as much work into as angel did.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#7 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:15 AM

Posted Image

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:22 AM

Yeah Ive seen ANgels and I know its better but didnt really want to have an extra five pounds on my gun because of a toy chainsaw. All im saying is that i want an easy one day external mod and this is what i thought off. and i cant figure out how to upload pics

Five pounds? Forsaken's Lancer doesn't weigh half that.

How to post pictures.

#9 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:49 AM

You could also check out this. I still kinda can't believe that nobody likes it. Oh well. Anyway, if you want a lancer, at least put as much work into as angel did.

sgm, I fucking love yours.
More than Angel's.

Had to be said.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#10 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:53 AM

Well, since this will be Threadjack Railroaded anyway....

I don't think it's matter of nobody liking it, or even appreciating it. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that it is gorgeous, and very obvious that not only did you put in a great deal of effort, but you loved every minute of it. I think the reasons you haven't garnered the attention you seek is that:

1. It was originally motivated by greed. You admitted it yourselves.

2. Not that I particularly agree with it, but the attitude seems to be "He who creates first is legend! He who creates second is a fucking copycat." It's sad too.

3. NIC'ers hold the creations of the Nerfhaven "Contributors" sacred. You aren't one. ForsakenAngel has created a number of impressive modifications, and has earned the respect of the community. As have others, such as Boltsniper, CaptainSlug, and Carbon. If you had created the first Nerf Lancer, you may have been lauded as a genius, or a true artist... But probably not. It's because this place is overrun with children. It's a great place to have fun, but notice we don't converse about anything that really matters in life.

SGM, I really liked your Lancer. I thought it was beautiful, and was quite envious of your attention to detail.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#11 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:59 AM

Oops. I didn't mean for the thread to be at all hijacked, but thanks guys. It wasn't exactly motivated by greed though. It was necessity. I was working at IHOP at the time and servers here in this college town don't make any money during the summer. I had to get money somehow, and how better than NERF? Draconis, I guess the other stuff is quite true too.

#12 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

Oops. I didn't mean for the thread to be at all hijacked, but thanks guys. It wasn't exactly motivated by greed though. It was necessity. I was working at IHOP at the time and servers here in this college town don't make any money during the summer. I had to get money somehow, and how better than NERF? Draconis, I guess the other stuff is quite true too.

Dude, your Lancer is awesome. Quit undermining your work. It was quite amazing. It mostly comes down to what you want. Opinions change, and upon a re look at your thread, I realize how awesome yours truely is. I mean, it looks like the game. Sure, Angel made it first, but he put the write up there for people to do it and make it better. you didn't make it better per say, but you took it and made it your own, and thats more admirable.

So how much did it sell for?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#13 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:38 AM

Mine? I didn't sell it. I had decided not to sell it, but I am reconsidering since I need to buy Christmas presents. I will not let it go for cheap though. I also have to decide whether or not to sell it in the next day or so. Thanks again and sorry to the OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users