Photo

Doubleshot Won't Fire From One Barrel...

10 replies to this topic

#1 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

I've had a doubleshot for a while now, and recently the left barrel has stopped working. The plunger catches just fine and it seems like it's in working order, until I actually load it. The dart doesn't even leave the shell. The right barrel works great, so I don't know what could be wrong.

So I'm asking if anyone knows what the problem could be for when I open it up and try to fix it. Any suggestions?

Edited by Captain, 05 December 2008 - 10:31 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#2 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

I've had a doubleshot for a while now, and recently the left barrel has stopped working. The plunger catches just fine and it seems like it's in working order, until I actually load it. The dart doesn't even leave the shell. The right barrel works great, so I don't know what could be wrong.

So I'm asking if anyone knows what the problem could be for when I open it up and try to fix it. Any suggestions?

Doesn't the DS use hoses to run the air from the plunger tube to the barrel? Maybe one of the hoses came loose or something. I'm just guessing.
I would recomend just opening it up to see if there is anything obvious.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#3 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

This has happened to me before except with the right barrel. All I did was change the dart and shell and it fixed it. So check the darts and shells you're using. I don't think the blue bottomed shells or the darts with holes in them work.
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Rabbit + Hunting Bullet from a hunting rifle = exploded rabbit

#4 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

najmodder0424, I've checked with all of my shells and many darts so I think it's safe to say that something internal has gone wrong.

umpshaplapa, that just might be the problem...I hadn't thought of that. I'll probably open it up tomorrow, it's late now and I'm tired. Thanks for your input.

#5 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

Check the seals, you probably have an air leak.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#6 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:33 AM

This same thing happened to me, and in the process of trying to fix it, it produced more headaches than relief.
First only one barrel started working, then the thing just stopped working all together.

Synopsis: double shots suck major balls, two in fact.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to add something on topic.
My advice is, scrap it for parts. For all of its suckiness, the doubleshot actually has some pretty good springs in it.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 06 December 2008 - 12:46 AM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#7 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:37 AM

some doubleshots are ok some are disposable. take it apart and learn how it works, maybe you can fix it maybe not... you'll learn something..
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#8 Radio

Radio

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:59 AM

I'd go with badwrenches advice hes kindof like the resident DS expert. I had a similar problem though, Theres a spring behind the trigger that doesn't effect the right barrel but is necessary for the left to work.
November 28, 2008 1:02 Mod/Paintjob thread:
Timmytown: Thank you for taking care of that idiot VACC, fine fine work. (no pic)
VACC: Are you fucking retarded? Goodbye.

How's that for funny Timmytown?
It's like VACC was up early wishing me a happy birthday!

#9 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

I've had this problem, take it back to the store. Crack it open like you're gonna put some shells in it and look down the shell entry hole. Five hugs say that there will be a wiry looking thing down the barrel. That is the shell ejection spring. It's annoying as hell when it comes out. The plastic sucks so much, and the spring is so thin and wiry that it comes loose. DSes are great if you get the opportunity to mod them without them breaking. Do this mod and get back to us.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#10 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:20 AM

Well guys, I opened it up and the hose was broken on the left plunger tube. It'll be a piece of cake to fix, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I won't need to scrap it.

Thanks everyone!

#11 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:23 PM

Well guys, I opened it up and the hose was broken on the left plunger tube. It'll be a piece of cake to fix, I don't know what you guys are talking about. I won't need to scrap it.

Thanks everyone!

Dammit, I guess I owe you some hugs. If you can, don't use hot glue.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users