Question

20 replies to this topic

#1 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:43 AM

I have a quick question.
What is the difference between nerfhaven and NHQ?
I have been wondering this for a while.
And im sorry if this in the wrong forum but it sounded right to me.
maseman__46

Edited by maseman__46, 29 November 2008 - 02:45 AM.

The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#2 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:26 AM

A lot of the members are going to give you a very long explanation to this, however, here is a condensed version.

Haven: larger fan base, members, publicity, strict rules, two month validation, content-based) Both: forums, some of the same members, talk about nerf) HQ: Discussion based, laid back, loose moderation, auto-validation, more sections, less members, less mods, and it is shrinking

The biggest differences are these

The Haven is a content-based forum, the highest ranking people produce content, people hate those who don't
NHQ is a discussion based forum, so if you aren't contributing, you aren't banned

Oh and The haven has members and is not declining in popularity. Regrettably, we are seeing HQ decline in popularity.

Edited by Foamfoot, 29 November 2008 - 03:30 AM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:09 AM

Maseman, you have GOT to clean up your posts. Stop using the enter key so damn much, and seriously stop signing your posts like an email. We can see your name and avatar so there's no reason to add it to the end of your post.

As far as your question, I must be in the holiday mode because I am actually going to give an answer. The short answer, NHQ sucks, Haven doesn't. Why? Because on THIS forum, the admins and other recognizable names actually practice the hobby that is the central theme to this message board. I don't even know IF the HQ team has ever picked up a nerf blaster, let alone WHEN the last time they did (except badger).

The other beef I have with that piss poor run site, is just that. They (the admins) are very casual over there and let their off topic forum go on way too long. Apparently, they are having bandwidth issues too, but they might have cleared that up.

Foamfoot also gave some good reasons as well.
I hate you.

#4 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:54 AM

Well... for one thing all the members that are either banned or flamed here end up there sometime.Most have custom avatars (some of which are freakin huge!), they have higher ranges, not because they are better than us but because they exaggerate, they don't weed out the idiots as well, they have automated validation, they have like 1 good admin, their color scheme and spelling hurts my eyes, looser rules (not always a good thing), and I don't think they have a word filter ( for those of you who don't know sn1pe=eat shit sn1per=loser sn1ping=losing)

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 30 November 2008 - 05:03 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#5 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:49 PM

I agree with the admin aspect of it, it's like freaking nerf online, new mods all the time and most of them suck.

Well, except for bags and badger.

To be entirely truthful, I love the concept of having a content driven site and a site where we discuss things. I really wish that NHQ had more active members. But, HQ was not really executed very well. My prediction is that it is going to either go offline due to bandwidth issues, and foam universe will take it's place. Or, people will just stop visiting it and foam universe will take it's place. Foam universe has reached a level of popularity that is near HQ status, but it's member count isn't shrinking (not to say that I like foam universe).

Edited by Foamfoot, 29 November 2008 - 12:58 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#6 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:36 PM

Ah thank you, that really helps. OMC: Sorry about that its just a habit. I will remember that, thanks.

Edited by maseman__46, 29 November 2008 - 03:35 PM.

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#7 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:36 PM

I agree with the admin aspect of it, it's like freaking nerf online, new mods all the time and most of them suck.

To be entirely truthful, I love the concept of having a content driven site and a site where we discuss things. I really wish that NHQ had more active members. But, HQ was not really executed very well. My prediction is that it is going to either go offline due to bandwidth issues, and foam universe will take it's place. Or, people will just stop visiting it and foam universe will take it's place. Foam universe has reached a level of popularity that is near HQ status, but it's member count isn't shrinking (not to say that I like foam universe).

The difference between FU and NHQ is that most members on FU are also on NH. FU is less of an alternate forum and more of a private hangout. FU has content and is friendly, NHQ is not. FU will never be the same as NHQ. Bottom line: NH wins, FU winz, NHQ used to win, but now doesn't, mostly thanks to the hack in 2005. As one who reads and posts on all three, I'm not biased. I'm just stating the facts.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#8 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

The difference between FU and NHQ is that most members on FU are also on NH. FU is less of an alternate forum and more of a private hangout. FU has content and is friendly, NHQ is not. FU will never be the same as NHQ. Bottom line: NH wins, FU winz, NHQ used to win, but now doesn't, mostly thanks to the hack in 2005. As one who reads and posts on all three, I'm not biased. I'm just stating the facts.

What I was more trying to say was that FU (Acronym fail) would become the sister site to nerfhaven, due to NHQ declining. I promise you, unless something drastic happens in the next year, NHQ will probably drop to less than one post daily within about a year and a half. I'm not saying FU and HQ are the same, I'm just saying due to NHQ dieing and FU rising in members, FU will become the second Nerf site.

Edited by Foamfoot, 29 November 2008 - 01:56 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#9 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

It may be a good thing if NHQ dies. I have been checking over there about once every two days for almost a year now. I have yet to come across one interesting thing, one helpful hint, one unique or amazing mod. I would say a good 35-40% of NHQ members are little 11 year olds who lied about their age on the registration (If there is a limit, I don't remember). They consistently screw up the form by asking stupid questions and posting pointless topics. I have also seen some members trying to be like ice by posting reviews, most of which suck and exaggerate ranges. Maseman, to answer your question, the main difference is that these bandwith cloggers are dealt with very quickly here, but over there, it took one such guy, larousse1995, several months of pointles shit posting to finally get banned. Here, he would have been gone within a week.
The admins here deal with such idiots very quickly, and that is why we have much less pointless shit on this forum than over there.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#10 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

I used to browse the I WIN! topics regularly, there was one topic where they were discussing if you were a lefty and some guy said for his entire post, and I quote "TEENS SHOULD HAVE MORE SEX!" he was banned DAYS after that. The admins occasionally get too strict over here, but that's better than being either lazy as hell or lenient just as much.

Edited by Foamfoot, 29 November 2008 - 04:03 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:31 PM

FU and HQ don't have me.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#12 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

One thing that I notice at NHQ is that everyone tries to make their own "official" thread. There's a new one almost every week and 99% of them last less than a few days.

NH has a couple "official" threads per section and they are pretty old. About once every few months someone will try a "official show off your LS, NF, 2K, whatever" thread. Most replies are just flames and the topic disappears fast.

Another contrast I noticed is that NHQ is filled up with shit. Utter shit. There isn't much good stuff, or mods, or write ups, just shit.

NH is very professional and very informative, with the modification filled up with actual mods and legit questions.

there are exceptions, but generally speaking, what I said is true.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#13 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:58 PM

FU and HQ don't have me.

Good point CS.

My sales thread

#14 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:04 PM

OFF TOPIC!:Wait! Wai-wai-wai-wait! WAIT! Fucking wait! I said wait! What hacking in 2005? PWEASE EXPLAIN! : :o Sorry. That was very off topic.

Edited by silentsnipe, 29 November 2008 - 09:24 PM.

And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#15 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

OFF TOPIC!: Wai-wai-wait! What hacking in 2005? EXPLAIN!

OFF TOPIC: Yeah, I don't know either.

Ontopic: Well I like the haven for the reason it is prettiful. This site's layout and overall catergories are better organized than NHQ. About the hardass-ness of the admins, We need it. We could have annoying little kids running around, but we don't.

Edited by k9turrent, 29 November 2008 - 09:23 PM.

QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#16 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

FU and HQ don't have me.

Is that because you are a computer guru who knows that both those sites can be hacked pretty easily?

HQ was hacked in 05' by some gaymo, lemme pull up the thread.

I'm unable to find the thread, if anyone else is able, please post the link here.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#17 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:04 AM

Side note: What the hell would you do with a hacked Nerf site anyway? Post official looking front page stuff about Crossbow re-releases and piss people off?

Anyway, as has been said before, HQ just sucks. I mean, I go there to see the paintjobs. The mod thread is mostly all speculation, and if you do find a mob, its probably bad. Home mades are virtually nill because well... The home makers are over here. People like CS and Carbon.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#18 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:29 AM

Side note: What the hell would you do with a hacked Nerf site anyway? Post official looking front page stuff about Crossbow re-releases and piss people off?

Actually, the guy that hacked HQ deleted EVERYTHING. It was purely for shits and giggles.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#19 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:08 PM

Is this what you are talking about? Nevermind, here it is.

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 30 November 2008 - 05:23 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#20 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

No. The entire site was hacked and all of it's content was destroyed. I have some old pics that Jlego sent me a while back, let's see if I can find them...
EDIT: Yeah, you got it. Anyone wanna see the pics anyway?

Edited by Ubermensch, 30 November 2008 - 05:16 PM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#21 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, post em please

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users