Why Can't I Log On?

Help!

7 replies to this topic

#1 nmc2

nmc2

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:06 AM

Hi. I have two computers (one at both my dad's and mum's) and I can only log on at my dad's. I have checked and rechecked my username and password but it just won't work at my mum's house.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
E=mc^2
Energy=Mass x Speed of light in a vacuum (in celeritas) squared
N=mc^2
Nerf=Mass of air in tank x Speed of air release in a barrel squared

"the whole damn song is a pick up line"

#2 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:24 AM

Some more information, such as what happens when you try to log in would definitely be useful, at the very least...

#3 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

Hi. I have two computers (one at both my dad's and mum's) and I can only log on at my dad's. I have checked and rechecked my username and password but it just won't work at my mum's house.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Make sure you're accepting cookies from NerfHaven, and make sure there isn't any sort of security software blocking cookies installed on your mum's computer.

Come on guys, simple troubleshooting steps first, you don't need to know every bit of code for that.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:03 AM

I don't have a problem logging on, but I've logged on other computers and they show the topics with all the content of the posts. My computer only shows the the first line of the post, so something with 2 pages on my computer can have something like 30 on another. It's not really a problem, I actually like it the way I have, but when there's a link to a post, it just takes me to the thread, unlike the other version. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

#5 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

n=mc2: Check to make sure that cookies are enabled, or discard/reset cookies. I've had the same problem at times with Gmail, and a browser reset fixes it for me.

Blue: Go to the Options link in the upper right, and go back to thread view instead of outline view.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#6 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:11 AM

Blue, I had the same problem. Go to options in the top right corner of your screen and click on standard.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#7 nmc2

nmc2

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for all the help, does anyone know how to enable cookies on Norton? I reset everything but its still not working for me. I had a photo of what happened when i tried but its at my mum's, and I can't reply from there.

Just Some Bob: Yeah, I gathered from Rambo's post. What you said wasn't trying to help, so why post?
E=mc^2
Energy=Mass x Speed of light in a vacuum (in celeritas) squared
N=mc^2
Nerf=Mass of air in tank x Speed of air release in a barrel squared

"the whole damn song is a pick up line"

#8 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for all the help, does anyone know how to enable cookies on Norton? I reset everything but its still not working for me. I had a photo of what happened when i tried but its at my mum's, and I can't reply from there.

Just Some Bob: Yeah, I gathered from Rambo's post. What you said wasn't trying to help, so why post?

I've never used Norton, but I don't believe it prevents cookie-ing. This is a browser setting. What browser(s) do you use at your mom's?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users