Riot At Chinese Nerf Factory

Breaking news

25 replies to this topic

#1 BarryAllen

BarryAllen

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:46 PM

Thought some people might like to know about this.

Riot Story

I doubt this will affect us much if at all. But it is still disconcerting.

#2 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

Wow that really sucks.
What do you guys think is gonna happen?
Probably nothing major I would hope.
maseman__46
The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#3 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:03 AM

Great, now that the Chinese aren't making nerf guns, Hasbro will have to settle with really cheap Taiwan-made guns

Edited by k9turrent, 29 November 2008 - 12:03 AM.

QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#4 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:07 AM

Well luckily I have enough Nerf rations in case there does seem to be some kind of Nerf drought.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 29 November 2008 - 12:07 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#5 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

Nice FA. If they do quit would you care to share? :wacko: he he
The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

Well luckily I have enough Nerf rations in case there does seem to be some kind of Nerf drought.

Wow, now you are gonna become like an arms dealer or something. You are gonna walk around the greater part of Canada with a trench coat filled with Crossfires, Scouts and Nitefinders, giving strange phone calls and having people show up into your warehouse lined with guns, arranged like a military base, and spouting likes like "What are ya buyin?", "What are ya sellin?", and "Ah. I'll buy it at a high price!"
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#7 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:45 AM

1. Clean up mess
2. Get more workers
3. Continue producing guns
4. ????
5. PROFIT

#8 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:01 AM

Wow, now you are gonna become like an arms dealer or something. You are gonna walk around the greater part of Canada with a trench coat filled with Crossfires, Scouts and Nitefinders, giving strange phone calls and having people show up into your warehouse lined with guns, arranged like a military base, and spouting likes like "What are ya buyin?", "What are ya sellin?", and "Ah. I'll buy it at a high price!"

"I'll take the Titan, please."

"Stranger, stranger, now THAT'S a weapon!"
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#9 Team Genocide

Team Genocide

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:04 PM

If i were one of them I would grab a vulcan and rebel lol.

#10 Pokechan

Pokechan

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:27 PM

Did you read the CoC?
Avoid AIM-style (lol, u, ne, ppl, etc) spelling.
Just helping you so you don't get banned.
QUOTE(crispy @ Jul 21 2009, 04:58 PM) View Post

Talio you just love to eat your own shit don't you?

#11 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:35 AM

What the hell is a rebel? Did I miss some big nerf gun release while I was on vacation?

But I hope everything ends well, because I don't want to see Nerf guns turn into peices of hit.

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#12 The Inventor Guy

The Inventor Guy

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:59 AM

I believe he meant rebel as the verb.
He would rebel while weilding the vulcan.

Pokechan, that really was a waste of a post. He didn't say anything too bad. I'm just getting tired of people backseat moderating, it's all I see on NH now! :(

But wow, this is an interesting story! I don't think there's need to worry about a "Nerf Drought" *rolls eyes at the mention of drought* since this was a random occurance, but it certainly makes you think "what if?"
Oh well, you guys would just get a taste of what Australia had for 5 years B)

-Tidge.

Also active on NerfHQ as Tidge.

#13 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

I think it's rather funny how nobody seems to care about all these poor people without jobs, only about a shortage of plastic kids toys.

Just thought I'd mention that.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#14 nerfkid3

nerfkid3

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:20 PM

Well that really sucks. I hope it doesn't do any damage to the "Nerf" supply. I should be getting a Vulcan EF50 in January if this doesn't screw up every thing

--------------

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#15 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

Whoopdeedo, one factory got shut down after fulfilling all the orders they needed.
I can only hope Hasbro decides to bring these jobs back to the U.S. citizens.
Or Canadians, I think they need to eat too.
I think.

#16 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:02 PM

I think it's rather funny how nobody seems to care about all these poor people without jobs, only about a shortage of plastic kids toys.

Just thought I'd mention that.

Seriously.

#17 Team Genocide

Team Genocide

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

Did you read the CoC?
Avoid AIM-style (lol, u, ne, ppl, etc) spelling.
Just helping you so you don't get banned.

Yes I did read the code of conduct, and I apologize if I accidentally said lol its just habit man. I spell checked it and thats what i consider grammar correction.

#18 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

1. Clean up mess
2. Get more workers
3. Continue producing guns
4. ????
5. PROFIT

• There's more than enough workers to go around.
  • The company's doing rather well as far as I know, they'll produce.
  • ??? = possible, but not likely price hike (fractional) which will result in profit
  • Profit, there's still the already large market. There's nothing to worry about.
Unfortunately things like this happen. Luckily they didn't destroy the entire plant, they've only inconvenienced the company for maybe a week.

I would have gotten a laugh had they brought some blasters with them and tried to "fight for their cause."
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#19 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

There's more than enough workers to go around.

Unfortunately things like this happen. Luckily they didn't destroy the entire plant, they've only inconvenienced the company for maybe a week.

I would have gotten a laugh had they brought some blasters with them and tried to "fight for their cause."

I love how you have completely dehumanized the workers, mocked them, and belittled their struggle for rights.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#20 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

Fun fact: The enforced minimum "slave" wage rate in China is $0.36/hr

Average Chinese factory worker pay in 2004: $0.64/hr ($0.45/hr being the low and $1.15/hr being the "high")

Average Mexican factory worker pay in 2004: $2.36/hr

Even when adjusted for purchasing power Chinese factory workers get paid extremely low wages.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 01 December 2008 - 07:36 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#21 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

China sucks ass, human rights-wise. It's pretty disgusting that the only thing that gets our national attention is when something happens that might prevent us from acumulating even more stuff, like companies contaminating (cheap) toys with lead, industry buying up a good chunk of the world's oil (how dare they want to drive cars like us!), or expendable, exploited workers trying to get their soulless corporate overlords to give them more money. I mean, those bastards.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#22 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:02 PM

Although I'm all for the "well paying jobs for everyone" group, I think it wouldn't hurt to transfer some of those jobs right here to the good ol' US. Seriously. The only businesses left in America is Prostitution and Beer.

cars: Japan
anything plastic: China
guns: germany, other assorted countries....Including US

We need to have as little interdependence as possible.

But hey... thats simply my opinion.

-P§

Edit: I don't really think this is "breaking news" anymore...

Edited by Puppy-§layer, 01 December 2008 - 08:04 PM.

QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Dec 26 2008, 01:34 PM) View Post

Coal? You're santa arent you! You didn't give me that bike I wanted! Prepare to die!

Also active as Slayer_of_OnE at NerfLovers!

#23 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

WARNING! Slightly opinionated statement(s) ahead.

What are you guys nuts? Many industries including Hasbro learned that you can't make a damn cent in the U.S. anymore. They are not going to come back here unless it does become profitable to be here. Unions, taxes, minimum wage, litigation, and tariffs are what have always been what decide the amount of $$$ a business makes. Relative to many other countries like China we aren't to keen in those areas.

My dad works as a software engineer and almost his entire company is outsourcing to India like many other software companies. It is just the way it is, certain industries will move, and others will stay, and some may come here. It all depends on how much is being subtracted from your spreadsheet at the end of the day.

Anyways, thread in point: Being an average factory worker in China=NOT FUN.

Oh well, we'll only have to see what happens. Hopefully this will all clear up without people getting run over by tanks.

EDIT: Yeah, and what CaptainSlug said too. Go to college damnit. If you can afford it anymore.

Edited by Blasphemy, 01 December 2008 - 09:32 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#24 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:23 PM

Although I'm all for the "well paying jobs for everyone" group, I think it wouldn't hurt to transfer some of those jobs right here to the good ol' US. Seriously. The only businesses left in America is Prostitution and Beer.

The United States is post-industrial and will continue to shift away from manufacturing and more towards highly-skilled work. That is of course assuming that our educational system could keep up with this change (which it can't).
Trying to keep mass-production factory worker jobs within our borders would only make inflation much worse because it would keep the cost of goods much higher. You would be adding more fairly low-paying jobs to the job market while increasing the average cost of living.

80% of our economy is already service-based as opposed to goods-based. That percentage will continue to increase so long as our economy is developing further. Don't assume that factory jobs that shift overseas are jobs that suddenly "disappear" from our economy. Those factory jobs get replaced with service-based employment with a much wider pay scale. But that pay scale is much more dependent upon your level of education.

Bottom line: Factory jobs suck. Especially if you could get a much nicer job at a higher pay scale by simply possessing a degree of some kind.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 01 December 2008 - 09:27 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#25 orogomi ninja

orogomi ninja

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:12 PM

I'll say..that vid was insane

They are doing the same thing the auto industry is doing- wine to the government, lay off workers, ask for money. PATHETIC! :P
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 23 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Thats the way I do it. Use a rag with some light fast rubbing.

Sometimes I hate my uncontrollable imagination....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users