Black Friday Debrief

For those who braved the storm.

59 replies to this topic

#51 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:00 PM

Just a note for all of you who take part in black Friday or work on black Friday, be careful and don't come early. I saw on the news that people are crazy about deals: a crowd ran over a cashier who opened the door (dead now), a pregnant woman was injured, there was a fight over x boxes, and in a TRU a few people were discharging firearms at each other.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#52 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, you kinda late. Look a few pages back. Well, I didn't see anymore AT3k packs. so I'm guessing they are out.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#53 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

Got at walmart at 3:58am. I grabbed 3 at3k twin packs at 4:46am. Hid at the back of the store by toys section till around 4:50 since it was so rioty witht he employees stoping people from taking things before 5... Ran to the checkouts at 4:50. I had fun.

#54 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:51 PM

I went to Circuit City at about 5:00, and picked up the following Xbox 360 games: The Orange Box for $20, Bioshock for $30, and COD5 for $60. I also got a wealth of cheap DVDs. I managed to convince my dad to take me to the nearest Wal-Mart. Since we were in Madison, we didn't know where the nearest one was, but thanks to a GPS we bought just that morning we located the nearest one. I got just one of the 3k packs. My dad stopped being a complete dick about nerf once, and he realized it was a good deal after all, so I was lucky enough just to get one. But I hadn't intended to buy more than one anyway, although there were at least 10 of them left on the shelf.

#55 shoeshine5

shoeshine5

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:16 AM

I went to Kmart on thanksgiving hoping to find a $25 Vulcan, but they were out of stock. Given how bad my Kmart sucks it really wasn't much of a surprise.
While you are busy reading this, I am eating your sandwich.

#56 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:47 PM

Burlington, VT

KB Toys: $10 Clone Trooper Blaster, They had deals on DiskShot/Maverick packs ($20) and on MagStrikes, but neither of those interested me, everything else was regular price, even the "SUPER DEAL" SMDTG Set for $20.

GameStop/EB: $60 - Clear Maverick, SwitchShot and N-Strike Game

WalFart: Some lady grabbed the last AT3K pack before I could get it, they had $35 Vulcans, but I didn't get any

Toys R Us: Nothing really of much interest, I don't want the Strikefire set and they were very low stock on all the Nerf and Airtech stuff.

Ok, now that black Friday is over, let us migrate back to the product awareness thread.

Ok, now that Black Friday is over, STOP BACKSEAT MODERATING.

Some of us aren't here 24/7 and would still like to participate in this Black Friday discussion.

Edited by hereticorp, 01 December 2008 - 12:50 PM.

#57 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:13 PM

I picked up a new digital camera on Black Friday. A 10.1 megapixel Canon Rebel XS DSLR. Usually $600, got it for $500. Hoo-rah. Also got an 8GB HCSD card for it. What's more, it came with a free $100 printer. Pretty good deal.

Edited by MithMorchaint, 01 December 2008 - 02:13 PM.

#58 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:54 PM

Last ones in San Angelo.
Posted Image
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#59 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

Jdimytai Damour Age:38

My disgust in humanity has grown.

What pisses me off the most is that all these stores do this on purpose.. They start advertising and playing Christmas music before Halloween, they raise prices gradually throughout November and stockpile merchandise in warehouses while claiming that the products are unavailable. They do all of this why? to Celebrate the Christmas holiday?? NO, They do this so they can cram the most amount of shoppers into their store in the shortest amount of time possible so they can make more money.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#60 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:00 AM

Ok, now that black Friday is over, let us migrate back to the product awareness thread.

Ok, now that Black Friday is over, STOP BACKSEAT MODERATING.

Some of us aren't here 24/7 and would still like to participate in this Black Friday discussion.

I was simply suggesting we should move back to the product awareness thread. Chill out.

I was inadvertently affected by black friday, my friend bought a few 2k packs and wants me to mod some of them... I'm gonna make another "You shot me all night long".
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users