Photo

Vynle Tubing Sizes?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:24 PM

I have just dissasembled my titan, and the tubing was exremely hard to get off. When it did finally come off it was so mangled that it had holes in it, rendering it useless of couse. So my question is, is there a type of vynle tubing that is the same inner diameter (or very close to) the diameter of a titans tubing. I measured that the inner diameter of the titans tube is 2/8in or 6mm. If anyone could point me in the direction of where to get vynle tubing, or tell me if this size doesn't exist, it would be much apreciated. I did search for this and didn't find anything on size. On one thread it said that it could be found in hardware stores, but I havn't seen anything remotely close to it at my local ACE. I'm new to all this tubing buisiness, so if there is anything I should know that would also be much apreciated.

Oh, and, sorry for the speech. ;)
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#2 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:51 PM

1/4" vinyl tubing is pretty standard for nerf guns. That should be primarily what you use but if you've got, say, a break in the tubing, 3/8" fits over the 1/4" very well.

When I'm doing work on air guns, I usually cut about 1" of 3/8" tubing and stick both ends of the 1/4" inside then glue it down. Works every time.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#3 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:15 PM

1/4" vinyl tubing is pretty standard for nerf guns. That should be primarily what you use but if you've got, say, a break in the tubing, 3/8" fits over the 1/4" very well.

When I'm doing work on air guns, I usually cut about 1" of 3/8" tubing and stick both ends of the 1/4" inside then glue it down. Works every time.

Ok thanks, sorry I just realized that 2/8 = 1/4. I'm really smart as you can tell ;) . I'll be checking to see if ACE stocks it, if not I'll have to make a trip to Home Depot or somewhere.
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#4 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

Sorry, but usually you need to go to an aquarium store with a measuring instrument to get correct sizes of vinyl tubing.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:03 AM

Or Home Depot...

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:00 AM

You definitely want something that can handle some pressure. Most aquarium tubing is not pressure rates, and is quite this. Might work for stock air blasters, but not for the 50-60 PSI that modified units get up to.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:31 PM

Titan uses approximately 1/4" ID tubing. Most other guns use approximately 1/8" ID tubing. They are often off by as much as 1/16" from any standard size, but fortunately, most vinyl tubing is fairly forgiving. And just for the record, BlastFires use something around 7/32" ID vinyl tubing.

General rule, go with 1/8" ID unless it has abnormally wide tubing, then 3/16" or 1/4" ID tubing is the way to go.

#8 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:13 AM

Any time I cut vinyl* tubing...
(*) see! It's not so hard to spell.

Courtesy of your friendly self-appointed spelling Nazi.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#9 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:45 PM

Any time I cut vinyl* tubing...
(*) see! It's not so hard to spell.

Courtesy of your friendly self-appointed spelling Nazi.

I think he would prefer "Grammar Enforcement Agent". Nazi has so many bad connotations.... Like, well, ALL of them.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users