Need picture of DS string placement.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Essential 2 Life

Essential 2 Life

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

Fixed thanks for the help JSB.

Edited by Essential_2_Life, 23 November 2008 - 11:49 PM.

-Nerfer9
Hi, Im in need of some crossbow parts, my dog carried it outside and left in in the street where it was smashed by a car.
-riceboi247
Are you shitting me? I can't make a damn gun by myself!

#2 loni

loni

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:35 PM

Hey guys I was modding my DS and when I put it back together something was wrong the the string and it wouldn't cock. Does anyone have a picture of where I should put the string?

Alright, your new, its REALLY obvious. Im not here to flame you and instead of babysitting you, I'm going to help you. Code of Conduct and Search. Use them, or lose most likely lose your membership. As to the rest of the community, don't flame me for doing this. I'm just trying to give a gentle, constructive, "nudge" in the right direction.

-Loni

Edited by loni, 23 November 2008 - 05:36 PM.

"I don't nerf to see who is the best, I nerf to see who is the biggest bitch"

#3 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

I am having the same issue, and my searches of the forums have not yielded a useful picture of the internals. Either they don't exist on the forums, or the posts contain non-obvious wording. If someone knows of a thread with the right information off the top of their head, could they point us to it? If not, internal pictures of the gun (with an emphasis on string placement) would be greatly appreciated.

#4 Essential 2 Life

Essential 2 Life

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

http://farm4.static...._e52e3e6b18.jpg This image has helped me but I'm still having troubles with the trigger I guess I'll have to screw around with it.
-Nerfer9
Hi, Im in need of some crossbow parts, my dog carried it outside and left in in the street where it was smashed by a car.
-riceboi247

#5 Essential 2 Life

Essential 2 Life

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:46 PM

When I try to shoot the gun only one of the barrels shoots.
-Nerfer9
-riceboi247

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:12 PM

I know this may sound stupid, but have you pulled the trigger all the way back?

#7 Essential 2 Life

Essential 2 Life

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

I know this may sound stupid, but have you pulled the trigger all the way back?

The gun won't shoot the barrel in the first trigger pull the all the way back is fine.
-Nerfer9
-riceboi247

#8 BarryAllen

BarryAllen

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

The gun won't shoot the barrel in the first trigger pull the all the way back is fine.

It might be possible that you are putting the gun back together with the trigger a little askew. It has a tendency to pop out of where it's supposed to rest, at least on mine. Double check the way you slip it in there, and watch it while you're shutting your shell again.

Of course, I'm still in the middle of integrating a nitefinder into mine and it's all hacked up, but I totally removed the string from the whole setup, and really minimized it. The way this gun cocks is like a high school science project anyway.

Edited by BarryAllen, 23 November 2008 - 10:52 PM.

#9 Essential 2 Life

Essential 2 Life

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:55 PM

I have had the trigger slide up when I'm putting the shell together thanks, I'll try that. ^_^
-Nerfer9
-riceboi247

#10 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:57 AM

http://farm4.static...._e52e3e6b18.jpg This image has helped me but I'm still having troubles with the trigger I guess I'll have to screw around with it.

This link doesn't work. It looks like you copied an abbreviated url (hence the ellipsis).

#11 Essential 2 Life

Essential 2 Life

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:20 AM

Well if you need it just go to the link saying been there, done that then scroll down.
-Nerfer9
-riceboi247

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users