Photo

Supermaxx 3000

6 replies to this topic

#1 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:36 PM

I went to a yard sale yesterday, and I found a yellow SuperMaxx 3000 for only 2 dollars. It seems to work properly and it's pretty sweet, only one problem though: I have no ammo. It only takes larami darts, megas don't work.

So I'm wondering now...What should I do with it? I might just open it up and have a look inside. In terms of modding, I'm only willing to do something reversible (AR removal is fine though).I'm sorry if I'm thinking out loud, but I thought I'd get your input.

Edited by Captain, 23 November 2008 - 04:38 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#2 bamblack2000

bamblack2000

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

Replace the barrels and use stefans.

#3 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:06 PM

Well bamblack, I don't use stefans.

I did, however, use my glue gun to enlarge the hole in the back of two mega darts. I tried them in the SuperMaxx 3000, and I'm getting some weird results. Sometimes they shoot really far, and most of the time they go like 5 feet...

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

Well bamblack, I don't use stefans.

Then replace the barrel to use stock micros.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

I have some larami darts I can sell you. Pm me if you are interested.

#6 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:16 PM

When I first started collecting, I also had no Larami darts for a SM3K I owned. What I did was take a Sonic Mega and cut off about 1/2" off of the back. I then took what I cut off and placed a dab of glue on it (not hot glue, but something thicker with a linger drying time, like gorilla glue). I took the glued pieces and slid them down the hole in the back of the now shortened Mega. The hole in the back of Larami darts only goes about halfway up the foam. The rest of the foam until the tip is solid.

This is the best way to make modified Laramis. Every one of them I made fired consistently and, in fact, had slightly better range than a traditional Larami due to the tip design. The whistling sound is even louder due to how hard the SM3K shoots.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#7 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

When I first started collecting, I also had no Larami darts for a SM3K I owned. What I did was take a Sonic Mega and cut off about 1/2" off of the back. I then took what I cut off and placed a dab of glue on it (not hot glue, but something thicker with a drying time, like gorilla glue). I took the glued pieces and slid them down the hole in the back of the now shortened Mega. The hole in the back of Larami darts only goes about halfway up the foam. The rest of the foam until the tip is solid.

This is the best way to make modified Laramis. Every one of them I made fired consistently and, in fact, had slightly better range than a traditional Larami due to the tip design. The whistling sound is even louder due to how hard the SM3K shoots.

Hmm...I'm having a bit of trouble understanding those instructions. Where exactly do you place the glue on the foam piece you cut off, and how do you fit that in the back of the dart?

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind. I believe I understand now.

Edited by Captain, 23 November 2008 - 05:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users