Photo

Angel Breach Lengths

8 replies to this topic

#1 hecklerer435

hecklerer435

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:01 PM

if any one has the brass lengths for the angel breech mod, it would be greatly appriciated. im having some trouble with it.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#2 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:08 PM

When looking at mods, generally you look further than the first page, especially on old, well posted ones.

In the 47th post of the Angle Breech topic: http://nerfhaven.com...ndpost&p=101740
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#3 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:58 AM

Read This

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:01 PM

There are no set lengths. Just start big, and cut bit by bit until it works. Everyone cuts off the stock bolt at a slightly different spot, so it varies for everyone. That said, both the angel breach write ups will give you general lengths.

#5 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:25 AM

There are no set lengths. Just start big, and cut bit by bit until it works. Everyone cuts off the stock bolt at a slightly different spot, so it varies for everyone. That said, both the angel breach write ups will give you general lengths.

That is in fact incorrect, the lengths are standard, and where you cut the stock bolt has NOTHING to do with how long the brass is.

I just never measured exactly how long my brass ends up being, I find it easier to go by reference points than by absolute lengths.

#6 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:30 PM

It has NOTHING to do with where the bolt is cut? That's funny because the 19/32 does , in fact, have to do with where you cut the bolt. If you only leave a centimeter of the bolt piece stick out, the 19/32 will have to be longer than if you leave 3cm sticking out.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#7 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:50 PM

It has NOTHING to do with where the bolt is cut? That's funny because the 19/32 does , in fact, have to do with where you cut the bolt. If you only leave a centimeter of the bolt piece stick out, the 19/32 will have to be longer than if you leave 3cm sticking out.

You should read my writeup. It does it differently, and you don't have to deal with that part of it.

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

It has a whole to do with it, hereticorp. Maybe not with your method, but in the normal method it affects the size of the breech cover. I'm not saying your way is bad, its just that it isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to bore through the stock bolt so that when the 19/32" sits in it its perfectly straight.

Edited by TantumBull, 25 November 2008 - 06:04 PM.

#9 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

It has a whole to do with it, hereticorp. Maybe not with your method, but in the normal method it affects the size of the breech cover. I'm not saying your way is bad, its just that it isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to bore through the stock bolt so that when the 19/32" sits in it its perfectly straight.

Are you kidding?

I machine out the inside of that tube with a fucking DREMEL cutting bit. Quite possibly the least precise machining tool I could possibly use.

It doesn't have to be perfectly straight because you fill the top with hot glue and that will keep it straight and sealed no matter how odd your boring is.

You're making the mod way harder than it really is. Stop that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users