Photo

Can Anything Compare To A Brassed L.s.

24 replies to this topic

#1 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

This Chrismas I plan on getting a and brass breaching a longshot. I would just like to know if anything could compare to it or if a should get anything else, I would like to stay under the 70$ price ranges. Please give me all your suggestion.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#2 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:49 AM

Pump Action Shotgun.

Effeminate Range, Great Accuracy, etc.

Total cost after supplies~$40
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#3 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:07 AM

It depends on what you're looking for. If you want something with a little more range and accuracry than a Longshot, a Pump Action Shotgun is definitely not a bad idea. However, if you want the ability to fire off 6 shots in a row without a reload, stick with the Longshot.

You also might want to look into AT2K's or SM1500's, as I've heard that those are supposed to be quite good.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#4 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:49 PM

It depends on what you're looking for. Like Sputnik said, the PAS has awesome range and accuracy with a low price, but the Longshot can fire with fair accuracy and range, but you can have as many as twelve shots before a reload. You can also make it a pump action if you wish. You can also make a doomsayer for range, accuracy and ROF, but a downside of it is a lack of space for integrations. Not that they couldn't be done, it would just have to be in a weird place. Then again, integrations aren't really needed when the blaster already has 12 shots on tap. You also have to assess your modding skills before you make this decision. The doomsayer will be toughest to build, the longshot next and then the PAS would be the easiest, but you could also get an AT2K for really cheap and have good range and accuracy.

Personally, I love the longshot, but I am usually a spray and pray kind of guy. If I launch enough foam, someone is bound to get hit. For some people, though, it is better to have to make each shot count. It makes you more apt to try to aim better. Sorry for the novel, I'm just trying to help with your decision.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#5 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

Longshots tend to lose. True story.

VACC

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:06 PM

Let's be realistic, though... Does one really require an integration on a Doomsayer? They have twelve barrels, are loadable from the rear, and produce massive power. I love the Longshot, sure. They are certainly a little easier to maneuver than a Doomsayer, but not the range either. They would end up about the same end cost, and are both quite a bit of work.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,077 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

What about a BBB with a deodorant clip, ala Angel's BBB? Seems like you could get similar ranges and ROF for a much lower cost.

#8 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:12 PM

If you want something that can out-shoot a brassed longshot for under 70 dollars, well that's pretty easy. Big Blasts are only $10 (though I can only seem to find $20 two-packs near me) and they can get awesome ranges singled.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#9 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

Then again, integrations aren't really needed when the blaster already has 12 shots on tap.

Let's be realistic, though... Does one really require an integration on a Doomsayer?

No, they don't need integrations...that's why I said they aren't needed.

Edited by slowguitarman, 19 November 2008 - 02:22 PM.

Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#10 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:50 PM

I'd advise you pick a gun that's not going to fuck up and break the first time you use it. In other words, not a Longshot.

A decent gun that's reliable is better than an amazing gun that lasts only a while before destroying itself. Pick up an AT2k and quad barrel it, then pick up a Nite Finder and rebarrel it and you're set for <$25.
SexD Warves

#11 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:06 PM

I second NerfMonkey's post.

I also have to recommend an AirTech 3000 since it is a little more balanced (6-70 feet shots).

A little more costly and harder to modify though.

Also, if you use a Longshot, expect to have it break, A LOT.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#12 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

VACC

Extrapolate please?
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#13 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

IMO, go with the PAS (pump action shotgun). I have a 2k integrated into mine. With just a recon spring addition, I get 95ft flat. I love 2ks too, currently owning five, but the PAS destroys them all. 9/16 brass with tightening rings, vaccum loading awesomeness. Oh and the PAS is really hard to fuck up. Really simple gun.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 19 November 2008 - 05:26 PM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#14 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

I starting to lean towards the ETRL insted of the Long Shot. I don't know if I should go with the single shot the Doomsayer. I can easily do barrel replacments, sanding, and I have modded alll of Nerfs newer guns such as the nightfinder and up. I have all the tool I need for both so I don't know what to chose.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#15 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 08:35 AM

VACC

Extrapolate please?

Longshots aren't generally competitive at nerf wars where other nerfers are well equipped.

#16 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:10 PM

Wait, really?! Are you including Angel breeched ones in this?
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#17 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

What you seem to be interested in is impressing people on the interwebz. In which case, yes, those are the bestest.

#18 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

Angel Breech it is indeed.

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#19 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:13 AM

What you seem to be interested in is impressing people on the interwebz. In which case, yes, those are the bestest.

Angel Breech it is indeed.

NO! What VACC just said was, if you want to impress people over the web, go with a brassed longshot. If you want to nerf with other competitive people, it won't be great. They can be outmatched in range and accuracy fairly easily.

xbox180, if you are fairly new to nerf, a brassed longshot with a double clip is well, sort of out of reach from your current capabilities. I'd point you to an AirTech 3000 which can get ranges of 70 or so feet with a barrel replacement and a pump plugging. Similar capabilities rate of fire wise, a little less range, but you have consistency and a bit more reliability (durability) in the AirTech 3000.

If you feel like getting a 110 foot shooting brass breached longshot, it will take a great amount of time, effort, and skill. I just don't want you to have a broken longshot, a shitload of brass and a hurt ego after failing one of the hardest modifications to a complicated gun.

Edited by Lynx, 21 November 2008 - 01:14 AM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#20 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:17 AM

The Longshot is hugely over-complicated for the performance. Plus, it's fragile. Bad combo. There are better ways to do almost anything that can be done with a Longshot. Also: what Lynx said.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#21 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:02 AM

NO! What VACC just said was, if you want to impress people over the web, go with a brassed longshot. If you want to nerf with other competitive people, it won't be great. They can be outmatched in range and accuracy fairly easily.

xbox180, if you are fairly new to nerf, a brassed longshot with a double clip is well, sort of out of reach from your current capabilities. I'd point you to an AirTech 3000 which can get ranges of 70 or so feet with a barrel replacement and a pump plugging. Similar capabilities rate of fire wise, a little less range, but you have consistency and a bit more reliability (durability) in the AirTech 3000.

If you feel like getting a 110 foot shooting brass breached longshot, it will take a great amount of time, effort, and skill. I just don't want you to have a broken longshot, a shitload of brass and a hurt ego after failing one of the hardest modifications to a complicated gun.

I'll vouch this. Stay away from the angel breeched longshot until you get a few mods under your belt. The AT2K and AT3K are great recommendations for a beginner modder; if you find these too challenging perhaps this isn't your hobby.

Edited by Accord, 21 November 2008 - 02:02 AM.

#22 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:04 AM

The previous 3 posts are replete with sound advice.

#23 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

I will just let you know that I have modded airtechs before. I am wondering should I make a doomsayer or get a pump action shot gun?

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#24 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

I will just let you know that I have modded airtechs before. I am wondering should I make a doomsayer or get a pump action shot gun?

Given just those two choices I would say the PAS is good practice before attempting a Doomsayer.

Exactly. It gives you a chance to become familiar with modding the (relatively simple) plunger mechanism, including nearly required reinforcement, before moving on to the more complicated turret system.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#25 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:40 PM

If you can pull it off, one word:

DOOMSAYER

I never thought I would never say this, but a Doomsayer is superior to a X-Bow, and more menacing. In a war, the thought that goes thru someone's head when they see someone with one is, "OH S***!!!" But before that, try a AT4K to get a feel for turreted guns.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users