Photo

My New Promotional Project

If you nerf and skate, then boy are you in for a treat.

25 replies to this topic

#1 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:23 AM

Skateboard

This is the first piece of my multimedia project... It's Different. "It's Different" is all about how Nerfing, as a sport is different. This is my contribution to this community as a whole. It will include multiple Zazzle and Cafepress items, new modifications that will have as much publicity as I can possibly get for them, a Comic Series (inspired by DBF, but not a rip-off), development of new Nerfing network in the northwest, artwork, multiple Nerfing Wars, a printed guide to Nerfing, possibly a contest, and (hopefully) a documentary.

All of these will be free (except the Zazzle and Cafepress stuff), and will belong to the public domain. You may use my pictures anywhere you want, and you will be able to download the movie (if it happens) for free. Nothing here will be my intellectual property (unless stated), none of it will bear the word "Nerf" to avoid trademark issues. I believe Nerfing as an adjective is ok, correct me if I'm wrong.

This is purely a humanitarian project, it is a gift to the community, and will hopefully be from all of you, not just me. This is mainly about getting more people to Nerf. Years ago, we were asked to "Get out and Nerf" Now I'm asking you to "Get out and get someone else to Nerf".

Edit: READ PAGE 2 BEFORE POSTING

Edited by Foamfoot, 23 November 2008 - 04:21 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#2 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:14 AM

That is cool but I think that the deck is a little to pricey.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#3 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

Well depending on the quality, I dont think so. The local skate sgop sells blanks for that much and pro decks for $90. Speaking of quality, what do these compare to pro decks, like an old school carbon fibre Element?
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#4 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:00 PM

The documentary is already underway by Bags who (no offense) probably has more experience and training in film-making than you. Not to mention the original soundtrack by Falcon, and cinematography by PILZ.

Its called Season of Foam, and its going to ROCK!
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#5 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

This sounds eerily similar to the infamous "Nerf Grassroots Movement".

It seems as if it would take LOTS of work, help, and free time. Good luck to you.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#6 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

Well depending on the quality, I dont think so. The local skate sgop sells blanks for that much and pro decks for $90. Speaking of quality, what do these compare to pro decks, like an old school carbon fibre Element?

You sir are getting ripped off! $90 bucks? For a pro deck?
Go FUCK yourself!

#7 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

The documentary is already underway by Bags who (no offense) probably has more experience and training in film-making than you. Not to mention the original soundtrack by Falcon, and cinematography by PILZ.

Its called Season of Foam, and its going to ROCK!

I've seen that, it's going to kick ass. I'm not attempting to compete with SOF in any way. I never said mine wil be better. In my defense, Michael Moore is an excellent filmmaker, but has never had any training(not to say I support his views or not, he just has quality). I can get a soundtrack, I'm pretty good at guitar and piano. I will need someone to film it however, and it will be more a call to action rather than a showing of our culture.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#8 TimmyTown

TimmyTown

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:41 PM

You should design some good posters. If you do, I will definitely buy one. I am looking for a poster as of right now to work with, I just suck at art in general or I would kinkos it. If it is something cool looking preferably without any people in it I would definitely buy one.
QUOTE(rork @ Mar 16 2009, 05:30 PM) View Post

I, too "have recon," as they say. I get him in old country. Then I realize he sucks like bog. So I trade him for potato.

#9 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:00 PM

Shit, for $64 a-peice, I'd think you could at least do a cleaner drawing of a crossbow.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#10 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

I would buy a poster too.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#11 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:39 PM

Instead of a shitty 'paint' crossbow, put an actual crossbow on there. Or even better the classic 'Nerf' symbol.
I would buy an actual 'Nerf' symbol pro deck.

Also I agree that posters would be pretty friggin sexy.

Edited by Vistagecko, 17 November 2008 - 09:39 PM.

QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#12 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:44 PM

Why not just integrate your project with Bags's documentary? Let them do the film work, you work on the other stuff. It gives their project more meaning as a part of a whole, and it saves you having to do all that work. No reason to re-invent the wheel, as they say.

I would buy an actual 'Nerf' symbol pro deck.

For copyright reasons, he's not going to be able to sell anything bearing the Nerf logo.

#13 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

Is it Canadian Maple or Californian?

#14 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

The crossbow is meant to be unclean, however, if someone knows a way (or a free program) for me to make a nicer crossbow, please tell me so that it can be in the final draft for the poster.

Edit: Somehow my post got posted twice, sorry.

I'm pretty sure that it is cali wood.

Edited by Foamfoot, 18 November 2008 - 12:01 AM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#15 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:59 PM

Sorry, accidental double post.

Edited by Foamfoot, 18 November 2008 - 12:00 AM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#16 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:09 AM

if someone knows a way (or a free program) for me to make a nicer crossbow, please tell me so that it can be in the final draft for the poster..

Could you possibly get somebody to take several pictures of their crossbow, then use tracing paper?

Edited by Mr. Tubb, 18 November 2008 - 12:10 AM.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#17 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

Or get something of google images. Put a pic of a crossbow on a black background with white lettering saying : "absolute ownage, foam style". I myself not actualy being a skater, would buy one.

#18 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

You guys are forgetting, whoever took that picture owns it. If I put that on something and sold it, it would not be considered fair use and would be illegal.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#19 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:09 AM

Ask for their permission. Or ask a guy for a pic of his X-bow ( I might have a pic of my old one, lemme check)

#20 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

Enjoy
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#21 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:16 PM

I don't really like that design, but that's just my opinion. It looks to me like it was dashed off in a few minutes (though I'm assuming that isn't the case). I don't know, I think you should abandon the messy/childish look and go for something sleeker.

#22 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:34 PM

I don't really like that design, but that's just my opinion. It looks to me like it was dashed off in a few minutes (though I'm assuming that isn't the case). I don't know, I think you should abandon the messy/childish look and go for something sleeker.

It's called retro, not a messy/childish style. Don't worry, I am currently working on sleek poster, complete with 3-D drawings, and if I can figure it out, a poster that actually IS 3d (with those glasses)
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#23 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:50 PM

Well about the skateboard... We are modders, Those of us the talent for painting and other shit should be able to create our own board the other designs. Since I'm in Canada (and cheap), I re-painted my snowboard with my username and logo. (No pic though)
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#24 Essential 2 Life

Essential 2 Life

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

That board was like awesome :) I think it would be pretty hard to paint something like that.
-Nerfer9
Hi, Im in need of some crossbow parts, my dog carried it outside and left in in the street where it was smashed by a car.
-riceboi247
Are you shitting me? I can't make a damn gun by myself!

#25 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

It's called retro, not a messy/childish style. Don't worry, I am currently working on sleek poster, complete with 3-D drawings, and if I can figure it out, a poster that actually IS 3d (with those glasses)

Again, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem very "retro". It just looks like it was done in Paint (which, if that's your thing, is fine).

I do look forward to seeing the 3D modeled stuff though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users