Los Angeles Nerf Out Reborn >>>IMPORTANT: RECENT DATE CHANGE

61 replies to this topic

#1 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

<For sanity's sake...this was the Turkey Day war thread, renamed due to date issues.>

Hey.

There are a lot of you now. Or rather, again.

We've been having awesome wars. Or rather, again.

So we're having a war. Or rather, again.

...again.

Welcome to the resurrection of the Los Angeles Nerf Out.

Date:
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 13th, 2008

Time:
10:00 am (at Sellers) until ~4:30/5:00 pm at GHS.
Dinner Break from 5:00 until 6:45
Dusk War from ~7:00 pm until 9:00-9:30 or so (read on for details)

500 N. Loraine Ave.
Glendora, Ca 91741

Glendora High School
1600 E Foothill Blvd
Glendora, CA 91741

Most of you haven't played at GHS. In fact, just about none of you have, because SCUN hasn't held a war there since February of this year, which was before the whole slew of you newer guys came in. Even still, we played there on a whim because we were still energized and wanted to nerf, but the sun went down, and GHS has lit areas. But that's okay. Details, right?

We're gonna give Cullen a rest for this one, and work Sellers and GHS a bit. Sellers is our alternate location to Cullen, and is literally one block directly east. No difference of any real significance for driving to there versus Cullen. Glendora High is three blocks away from the other two schools, so it's not a big issue either.

We'll be starting our day at Sellers. When you enter the parking lot (if you've never been there) you're bound to be surprised at how far back it goes. Drive all the way back and park in the largest portion. It won't be obvious at first, but there will be a door-sized opening in the chain link fence near the handball walls; that'll be your access point. Just park your car there, and (if you like) start lugging your junk straight across the blacktop to the blue metal picnic tables, which is our staging area.

After lunch break, we'll all meet up at whatever time we decide on come lunch break at Glendora High School. The address is on Foothill, but most of the locals know the main parking lots to be on Valley Center. That is NOT where we'll be meeting. We'll be congregating in the parking lot next to the tennis courts, on the north side of campus, on Foothill Blvd., to play in the school's main central corridor for CTF, Team Powerball, etc. As the day begins to wane and our legs tire of excessive running, we'll shift gears down to the southern end of campus (we'll just walk there) and play around the visual arts building's courtyard. Bags and Apollo can vouch that it's a fun place to play.

For those of you who would like and have lots of time free on whatever weekend we set this for, Bags and I were talking a few weeks back about doing something in the evening at GHS. He doesn't know this is coming, but all the same, at the end of the "war" we will take a dinner break, rest up a little, and then return to the High School campus before sundown and play through dusk into early evening, in the low light. If you can't stick around later, that's perfectly fine. If you can, you won't want to miss it. If you want to, but don't want to have to drive home really late, I can put a few people up at my place. If there are a ton of you wanting to stay and not have to drive home in the middle of the night, we'll work something out.

General Rules:
>Eye protection. No questions. We have a Speed Racer Helmet of shame for a reason; don't make us duct tape it to your face. The talking transformers helmet is next, and the voice modulator will be taped in the "on" position, so even your BREATHING will be amplified. Don't test this one.
>No singled titans. If you have a singled signal launcher/nat geo gun/titan as one person did at CAFF, bring it to me beforehand and I'll decide how many pumps you're allowed to give it. We had one that was being used in this way, and no one went home upset. I'm not going to short-change you pumps.
>Bring your own darts, NO EXPOSED WEIGHTS.
>Especially for the evening portion of this event, WEAR BRIGHT CLOTHING. Stealth will not be greatly enhanced in the evening when wearing dark clothing...not for our purposes. It will only attract more attention to our event, causing in another annoying noitification of the authorities. To be frank, it will END the fun, not hinder it. Bring plain, LIGHT and/or bright-colored street clothes for the evening if you're coming to it, in the interest of not having to drop all nerf guns, and put our hands over our heads with real guns pointed at us. Don't be stupid. We've been on the good side of the local law enforcement for FAR too long to start having problems with them now.

So yeah...we're set. ROLL CALL!

Attendance List:
Maybes/Still Waiting on Confirmation

>>Daytime Attendance:
Falcon
Apollo256
Sasquatch
Slayer
RedHead
Overlord
*Sage
*Speed
*Akai
*Moroni
*Sphincter Boy
*Sputnik

Baghead
Pillz
T.O.N.Y.
Jade
...and some other name I'm forgetting...Bags'll bring that up...

Axelion_burnout
Soccerdog813
An as of yet undefined number of cohorts.
Cannonball +1
Watari +2
Cruxader
Raw Shrimp +?
SorrowX +?
CROW

>>Those staying through to the evening portion at GHS:
Falcon
Apollo256
Sasquatch
Slayer
RedHead
Overlord
Baghead
Pillz
T.O.N.Y.

So if all of those who have question marks next to their names for the number of nerfers they're bringing along bring anything like the numbers they did last war...

...wow.

It's safe to say, we could be seeing 30+ people. And, mind you, I haven't heard from Tristan and his crew yet either.

Edited by Falcon, 30 November 2008 - 09:13 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#2 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:21 PM

I'll have to see what Saturday wrestling practices we'll be having. And I have a question. For the dinner break thing, are people going back to their houses, or just going to eat and rest somewhere? So, yea. I'll try to be going, but it'll be a little harder to fit in.

#3 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:01 PM

I might actually be there, let me talk to the folks.

#4 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

I'll check my calendar. Hopefully we won't get kicked out of sellers this time around. My buddy I brought to the last war is my driving buddy so I'll check with him too.

#5 soccerdog813

soccerdog813

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:38 AM

This sounds like a lot of fun. I know the week of Thanksgiving I will be gone. I leave the Sat or Sun before and get back the same after so hopefully I will be able to make it.

#6 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

I'm open for anything but the 15th and 22nd seem best for me.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#7 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:08 PM

>No singled titans. If you have a singled signal launcher/nat geo gun as one person did at CAFF, bring it to me beforehand and I'll decide how many pumps you're allowed to give it. We had one that was being used in this way, and no one went home upset. I'm not going to short-change you pumps.

Umm...well...does that mean I can do that again? Although the Vulcan was pretty fun to use at CAFF........
Anyways...the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th are the Saturdays on November and the middle is the 15th...yet we could go for the 22nd. I dunno, but i'm clear for any of those dates...as long as it isn't a Sunday...I can't say the same for CruxZader, Christian (soon to be "Kai" 'cause he signed up), and Sean...)
But whatever...let's hope this war is gonna be an Effeminate one...

Oh and Falcon...I have a question...Do you notify the school prior to the war 'cause it doesn't seem like it...since it's the first time playing at GHS it seems weird just to waltz in and start shootin' each other...that's different from Cullen 'cause you play there all the time (as i've heard)...

P.S. You didn't post a "lunch break" just a "dinner break"...doesn't mean you have to go to lunch...we can all just bring sandwiches...(like our group did last time) hey! it saves money.........and if we are able to attend this war, i'm not sure if we could stay 'til 9:30 or something 'cause CruxZader's parents get kinda worried.....let's all just hope.............

#8 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:08 PM

If you want to bring lunch, go right ahead. The general consensus typically goes out for lunch, but you can do whichever.

Yes, that does mean you can use that signal launcher again.

Cullen wasn't notified beforehand, but we never have notified them. It's never been a problem (still isn't.) I WILL be notifying the police department to save them the effort of repeated visits.

As for notifying Glendora High School...WE have played there numerous times before without visits by the police department. GHS has no problems with us. I was just stating that all of you who've only been playing publicly around So Cal for a year or less haven't played there yet. We shouldn't have a problem.

As for date setting:
What I gleaned from what Soccerdog posted is that the 22nd and the 29th aren't open for him.
Axelion seems to favor the 15th, and no one else has disagreed yet.

Who can make the 15th? That may prove to be our best option, but we need to hear from a broader group before we settle.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Forgot to check rehearsal schedules, and the 15th's a no-go. How does the 8th look for everyone, and then on the other end of things, what about December 6th? I'm hesitant about the 8th since it's so close to Sorrow's war, but if we can find a way to get people like Soccerdog who're gone for the central chunk of November, we will, even if we have to wait until the first weekend of December.

Edited by Falcon, 25 September 2008 - 01:14 PM.

----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#9 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

sounds good so far. We'll see what happens when the date closes in on us.

#10 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

Yes, that does mean you can use that signal launcher again.

It was a Titan...moving on:

As for notifying Glendora High School...WE have played there numerous times before without visits by the police department.

Most of you haven't played at GHS. In fact, just about none of you have.

So i'm guessing you have but not us?

How does the 8th look for everyone, and then on the other end of things, what about December 6th? I'm hesitant about the 8th since it's so close to Sorrow's war, but if we can find a way to get people like Soccerdog who're gone for the central chunk of November, we will, even if we have to wait until the first weekend of December.

I'm good for any date so far, again as long as it isn't a Sunday. Also, December 6th...I really wouldn't call it, "Turkey Day 2008," if we were going to have a war in December. IMO that's pretty weird, yet you have a point that it would be exactly 2 weeks after Sorrow's war. I don't think that's enough time for all the people that attend (Halloweeno, 'cause I can't make it...) to fix broken guns/make darts etc.

1 Too Close to Sorrow's war
15 No-Go...Rehearsal or something?
22 Soccerdog (big chunk of group) can't make it
29 Soccerdog (big chunk of group) can't make it
6 (DEC) Not a "Turkey Day" War...yet it doesn't have to be...

#11 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:21 PM

Fair amount of new information added. The date's set in stone. Name changed for continuity (and sanity).

So, without further delay...

::bump::
----------||||||||)

#12 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

I'm in for the new date. We'll see what friends we can bring along as well.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#13 soccerdog813

soccerdog813

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

Im in. Like normal I will coming with Axelion and possibly some friends.

#14 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:29 PM

I'm in, I'll rally the troops.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#15 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

put me +1 down on the list for attending.

#16 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:13 PM

I'll rally the troops.

The hour is later than you think. The Nine have left Minas Morgul. They crossed the River Isen on Midsummer's Eve, disguised as riders in black.

So it begins.

Edited by Falcon, 09 October 2008 - 12:13 PM.

----------||||||||)

#17 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 12:53 AM

Put my down for coming as a maybe. And hopefully this time, I'll be packing more than a Doubleshot and a blowdart, haha.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#18 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:32 PM

Add me as a +1-2
CruxZader should be replying so don't include him in my +1-2.
Thanks!
w00t hopefully this'll be better than the FALL 'GEDDON!

#19 CruxZader

CruxZader

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

Im probaly in with watari, just have to see if my schedule is clear but most likely im good to go
When everyone screams out save us..... I'll whisper no.

Rorschach- Watchmen

#20 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:39 PM

BUMP

this does not belong on the second page of Wars.

I'm pretty sure I can confirm Pilz and T.O.N.Y. and I'm going to do my best to rally our others.

as usual.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#21 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

looking forward to it. You bringing some of your goods to sell to the war? I might be able to support your various addictions then.

#22 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

He'll have stuff to sell, I'm sure. If anything, he'll bring stuff to sell without actually planning to. And I may (for those interested) have some fresh uber-awesome So Cal barrel material of doom available for y'all, depending on whether the latest shipment comes by then or not.

As for the war:
I'm going to condense the attendance list, and add a second section. Can I have a quick roll call on who's coming to the EVENING portion of this? Who's sticking around after dinner to nerf in the twilight at GHS?

Thanks!

Anyone planning on possibly traveling to attend (nerfer9, and anyone else) please let me know asap so I can arrange for a place for you to crash for the night if you need one. If you need your parents to speak with an adult about this, PM me and I'll give you a phone number. Our last war broke 30+ people for attendance, and all but 3 of my clan of 15 weren't notified in time, so this is bound to be a war worth attending, if you're interested.

Edited by Falcon, 22 October 2008 - 06:37 PM.

----------||||||||)

#23 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:55 PM

Our whole group (Me, CruxZader and my "+2) will not be able to make it for the night game.
EDIT: But we'll make it for the day game!

Edited by Watari, 22 October 2008 - 08:56 PM.

#24 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

Soccerdog and I will be staying late. We're still working on getting friends to go, but be sure to expect a few at least.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#25 soccerdog813

soccerdog813

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:08 PM

Like Axelion said, we will be there. I might bring my brother who was there last time. And we will try to get some of our friends to come but I don't think we will get very many cause of how long Axelion and I want to stay. They are not as dedicated as all of us here on Haven and Scun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users