Help With 750 Leak

Is repairing this truely impossible?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Warlock

Warlock

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:45 PM

At the fall war (or was is Apoc?) I purchased a SM750 from the one and only Hersh. When I got home, I quickly went to mod my new addition to my arsenal. I modified it and when I tried it out, I had a leak.

I tried to find out where the leak was by putting the whole thing underwater and pumping air into the chamber. Turns out, the air was leaking from out of the pin area. (See attached image)

Now tell me, is there anyway to fix this or am I completely fucked?

Posted Image

(Edit: Sorry for the topic title typo.)

Edited by Warlock, 18 January 2004 - 08:17 PM.

~§~ Warlock ~§~ Of the Lawn Chair Mafia ~§~

"It's so hard to be a fighter when your hands are always tied"
~"Señor Limpio" by Corrosion Of Conformity

Metal Gear?!

#2 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:06 PM

Warlock, Village Photos doesn't allow direct linking anymore on free accounts. Try using a different host. I've heard people are very pleased with Photobucket.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#3 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:47 PM

That happened to Vassili's SM5000. I'm pretty sure you're fucked, but it doesn't hurt to try.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#4 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:56 PM

I think you're screwed. You can really put a sealant around the firing pin, or else it won't shoot.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#5 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 09:30 PM

When I made a homemade valve, thats the *exact* place I had a leak. The way I fixed it was went to lowes, looked at their o-rings, and found one that tightly fit the little metal rod. I bought a pack, put a few o-rings, gooped them together, lots and lots of goop, make sure u don't get it on the inside of the o-ring, apply massive amounts of lube (that doesn't evaporate and is not used for jerking), work it in and out really fast, and put the whole thing back together. Sorry for the runon sentence, and if you need me to explain better, tell me.

Anyway, that was for my homemade. If you *really* wanted to save your gun, you could dremel the airtank open and apply o-rings and lube at the leak. Then you would have to make sure you fixed the airtank with goop. But after that, the chance of the whole airtank leaking because of overpumping is increased dramatically. Hope this helps you out.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#6 NinjaBob

NinjaBob

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:05 PM

There is a small O-ring around the pin inside the tank. It has either
A. It has dried up somewhat and you only have a small leak, and all you need to do is lube the O-ring up, and do so often to keep it from happening again.
B. The O-ring has ripped. You'll have to cut open the tank, and replace the O-ring. I've only done that on a 2k, and its not that hard, but the tank will leak again.
Those are the two major reasons for the their to be a leak, and the two known ways to fix it. I have had one other idea, but that has yet to be tested. That's where you lube up the pin REALLY well and then put silicone around where the pin leaves the tank. hopefully, the silicone will seal the leak, and the lube will keep the silicone from sticking to the pin so it'll still be able to move.

(edit- Most of what I said has alread been said while I was typing and forgot to hit the submit butten)

Edited by NinjaBob, 18 January 2004 - 10:08 PM.

facebook.com/gregdp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users