Photo

Homemade Help

11 replies to this topic

#1 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

Hi. I am planning to do a homemade something like this and I am unsure what pvc size I should use for stock taggers. I am also planning to use a dual action pump instead of a tire pump. Also, I want to know to to attach a coupler. If anyone is very experienced in making homemades, please post!
Snake51886~ "Beware everyone...t2 has openly admitted to fucking 14 year olds...."
VindictivePancake~ "i've seen hot 10 year olds" - T2heavy
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#2 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

For taggers you wouldn't use PVC, but 1/2" CPVC. 1/2" PVC has a much larger inner diameter. As for a coupler, it slips over the size pipe it's labeled as. For example, a 1" coupler would go over 1" PVC.

Edited by UpperHand, 16 November 2008 - 06:32 PM.

My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#3 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

The sad fact of the matter is that if you lack the basic ingenuity and motivation that would have gotten you answers to these horribly basic questions, you aren't cut out for homemade building. What would be wrong with taking a tagger dart to the hardware store and sticking it in some pipe until you found the correct barrel material? Or googling? All this stuff has been done before, many, many times. Study some hamemades; we have a directory for a reason, and Carbon was even nice enough to point out all the homemade air guns for you. Successful homemades are the product of obsessive, exhaustive research; don't just expect to have all the answers handed to you. Good luck. ~Rork
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#4 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:12 PM

Wow, my Lowe's has pvc but it doesn't have cpvc. So now what? I might as well scrap the whole idea and make a new one.
Snake51886~ "Beware everyone...t2 has openly admitted to fucking 14 year olds...."
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#5 MoonMaster

MoonMaster

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

1/2 PVC will fit the heads of the taggers perfectly, allowing for a longer barrel than 1/2 CPVC would for taggers. Use 1/2 inch.

5. Protip: sarcasm is good for making someone else look like more of an idiot than they already do. However, if you are an idiot to start with, using sarcasm just makes you look like a COLOSSAL idiot.

#6 bamblack2000

bamblack2000

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:29 PM

You can use a 1/2 PVC reducer.

#7 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

For taggers you wouldn't use PVC, but 1/2" CPVC. 1/2" PVC has a much larger inner diameter. As for a coupler, it slips over the size pipe it's labeled as. For example, a 1" coupler would go over 1" PVC.

NO, 1/2" PVC is what you use for stock darts in air guns since you need a bigger barrel. Also, a 1/2" PVC/CPVC coupler fits onto a piece 1/2 PVC/CPVC coupler. Just make sure you test fit it in store.

1/2 PVC will fit the heads of the taggers perfectly, allowing for a longer barrel than 1/2 CPVC would for taggers. Use 1/2 inch.

Use 1/2 inch what MoonMaster? Bad post.

You can use a 1/2 PVC reducer.

For what? Whacking it? I don't think so. I would try to point out what you are suggesting before you make a bad post.

Wow, my Lowe's has pvc but it doesn't have cpvc. So now what? I might as well scrap the whole idea and make a new one.

As I said before, 1/2" PVC is what you want to use for air guns only with stock darts (taggers). Find out what you need to use by test fitting it. A good idea is to have a coupler attached onto the valve/tank. Cut the coupler in half or so you can not waste dead space. Try your best to complete it if you care. Go to Ace if you need help or much anything for NERF. It rocks

Have fun!

Note: I'm a douche (but relatively helpful) to stupid posts/posters.

----------------
Now playing: Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Of
via FoxyTunes

Edited by Lynx, 16 November 2008 - 11:01 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#8 MoonMaster

MoonMaster

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:39 AM

He had asked what size of PVC he should use. I explained the fit of PVC and why he should use it instead of CPVC. I answered his original question of "What size PVC should I use?".

And Lynx, you're not badger.

Edited by MoonMaster, 17 November 2008 - 06:40 AM.

5. Protip: sarcasm is good for making someone else look like more of an idiot than they already do. However, if you are an idiot to start with, using sarcasm just makes you look like a COLOSSAL idiot.

#9 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:23 PM

He had asked what size of PVC he should use. I explained the fit of PVC and why he should use it instead of CPVC. I answered his original question of "What size PVC should I use?".
And Lynx, you're not badger.

When you talk about PVC and CPVC then only say the diameter, it's confusing. I know I'm not Badger, someone needed to clean up the thread so I stepped up. I know I'm not an admin, I just provided where you guys messed up, with a little mood in it.

Wish to continue this little argument? Pm me.

nerfnrg should have his answer, so /thread
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#10 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by cutting the coupler in half?
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#11 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by cutting the coupler in half?

So you have two O shapes, as opposed to two C shapes. You only need one end to fit a barrel into, and it reduces dead space.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#12 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

Thanks Carbon! That really helps. ;)

Edited by nerfnrg, 17 November 2008 - 10:18 PM.

t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users