What Should I Do To My Bbb

What kind of coupler shou I use?

11 replies to this topic

#1 SuperDetectiveSpy

SuperDetectiveSpy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

Hello everyone, I just got a Big Bad Bow yesterday and I decided to mod it with a coupler. However, I am not really sure which barrel to use and thought I could ask you experts. I did read on the "Darts and Barrel" forum and it says to use tight barrel for spring pistol and loose barrel for pump weapons. I am confused because the BBB is not a pistol or a pump gun. I have CPVC,PVC and PETG and I know I can nest PETG inside my PVC pipe. I have the foam from hereticorp(mile high black foam) that fits PETG and the red foam from mod man(on Ebay) which fits CPVC. Therefore, I can use any kind of barrels. If I miss any facts you need to know to answer my question then please leave a comment.

#2 bamblack2000

bamblack2000

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

Depends on what kind of coupler you have. If you have a 1/2 cpvc coupler use 1/2 cpvc pipe.

BBB is a spring gun...

My barrel is about 6 inches on it

#3 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

Tight barrels are for spring guns, regardless of their size.

#4 SuperDetectiveSpy

SuperDetectiveSpy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:16 AM

Depends on what kind of coupler you have. If you have a 1/2 cpvc coupler use 1/2 cpvc pipe.

BBB is a spring gun...

I have both couplers and can use anything, but I just want to know which barrel would be better. I heard that BBB gets very good range.

#5 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:41 AM

BBB is a spring gun...

I have both couplers and can use anything, but I just want to know which barrel would be better. I heard that BBB gets very good range.

Since you have both couplers, why not try both? See what ranges you get and what you like better. Ranges hinge on so many different variables. It's almost personnal.
Go FUCK yourself!

#6 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:52 AM

IMO, this should've been asked in General Nerf...but it is a modification related question so...
I believe you should PVC coupler your BBB, and for a couple of reasons:
1.) If you ever wanted to switch to mega's
2.) You can nest brass
3.) (As you said) you can nest PETG
4.) I don't know about you, but I can nest CPVC in it.
(The PVC was kind of internally expanded..somehow)

If you use a CPVC coupler, then you could probably use:
1.) CPVC (well no duh...)
2.) Brass wrapped in E-tape (hey...I do it)
and...I think that's it.

But those are my opinions, you could throw it against a wall if you really wanted to.

Not saying you will or anything...

#7 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:11 AM

You could stick a cpvc coupler in a PVC coupler but, it has to be from ACE becuase every where else I've been they buldge out in th middle therefore not fitting but ACE's go straight down like a perfect cylinder. THen you cut off the remaining CPVC coupler and glue the side with the half a CPVC coupler onto the spot where your putting the coupler. Now you can use Cpvc and PVC.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 23 November 2008 - 11:12 AM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#8 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

Stick with the PVC coupler. I think you're also looking to find out which barrel and foam combination would be better to use.
There are two schools of thought on this: cpvc and everything else.
With Petg, you can use virtually everyone's darts on the battlefield (except mine, and anyone's who uses mongos or nanos [very rare]) with a good amount of power, and yours with even more power.
With cpvc, you can use yours and everyone else's darts with a only good amount of power, but much more consistently.
So the barrel choice is up to you, but you should always stick with the PVC coupler, because you can use brass, sch 40 pvc, sch 80 pvc, petg and cpvc if you nest the end in pvc.

As for the dart/barrel combination, I personally like to use petg, and just bring a lot of my own darts, but Talio uses cpvc because he doesn't make darts, and just uses whatever's loose, and he of course always does well with that. It's about what works better for you.
Teehee.

#9 SuperDetectiveSpy

SuperDetectiveSpy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:19 PM

You could stick a cpvc coupler in a PVC coupler but, it has to be from ACE becuase every where else I've been they buldge out in th middle therefore not fitting but ACE's go straight down like a perfect cylinder. THen you cut off the remaining CPVC coupler and glue the side with the half a CPVC coupler onto the spot where your putting the coupler. Now you can use Cpvc and PVC.

I live in Canada and I don't think there are any ACE hardware stores here.

#10 SuperDetectiveSpy

SuperDetectiveSpy

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

BBB is a spring gun...

Since you have both couplers, why not try both? See what ranges you get and what you like better. Ranges hinge on so many different variables. It's almost personnal.

What if I hot glue the coupler on and can't get it off? I am just afraid that I might mess my BBB up.

#11 Essential 2 Life

Essential 2 Life

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:28 PM

Hot glue has to be the easiest adhesive to get off just don't worry. :)
-Nerfer9
Hi, Im in need of some crossbow parts, my dog carried it outside and left in in the street where it was smashed by a car.
-riceboi247
Are you shitting me? I can't make a damn gun by myself!

#12 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:59 AM

What if I hot glue the coupler on and can't get it off? I am just afraid that I might mess my BBB up.

I can see that you're a risk taker. At least you'll never end up with a Dolphin tattoo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users