At2k Help

Special bonus round questions!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Greed

Greed

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:05 PM

I just got an untouched AT2K from a friend, and I very much do not want to completely screw this up. My goal is to single it, I already looked over all the mods and ripped out the turret. I already went completely overboard and painted it black w/ green tiger stripes. Seperate problems are numbered.

1) Stupid thing I did: I cut off the section at the end of the pump, because I thought I was being OMG CLEVER by providing better airflow, then realized that the pump section is exactly the same inside diameter as the part I cut off. You can see the part I cut off in my hand.

Posted Image

That in turn causes a second problem: The section that is still there is the part that rests on the plastic piece in the shell, and that holds it up and keeps it straight. I am wondering how to glue my barrel onto the nub without glueing (<-- how to spell) it onto the shell. Should I just glue the piece back on?

2) Limited barrel materials. I have a roseart marker I smuggled out of school, a short section of 1/2 inch grey CPVC, and a whole lot of 3/4 and 1/2 inch PVC. I had to rip out come of the plastic that held the turret up to make way for the thick barrel I know I'm going to have to use. The marker fits snugly inside the CPVC.

Posted Image

Other questions:

How do I get rid of that stupid goo gauge without clogging or causing leaks?

Should I just rip out the air restrictors and use the barrels that came with the gun?

What is the optimum barrel material(PETG, brass, clear PVC), disregarding my current situation? It doesn't get cold at all and I handle my guns lightly.

--

I am a long time lurker, first time poster, I have been hanging around nerfers for about a year now. Yes, I know about cxqw's (or something) barrel material post. I have read through the modification directory completely, know all my guns and stuff. Thank you.
1. Now owns and wears a speedo.
2. Operates under 17 layers of psychological subterfuge/warfare/guile.
3. Is a master at rock-paper-scissors.
4. Hates everything. Just ask.
5. Likes his Gengar.

#2 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

Here: I'll answer what I can.

If you're gonna single it, just glue the coupler right onto the air tank and the part you cut off is trivial.

You could just take out the stock air restrictors, but that is difficult. A barrel replacement is easier and better.

For singling the gun, PETG will work fine.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#3 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

I believe that the gun doesn't work with out that nub that is in front of the air tank. Try epoxying it back on or even super gluing it back on. To answer some of your questions if you are going to single the gun just glue a piece of brass, PETG, CPVC on to the air-tank or you could coupler (Same procedure expect with a coupler), and when you are choice your barrel material to use, use what fits your dart the best. CPVC has a much thinner ID then PETG does if you didn't know that. Hope this helps.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#4 Essential 2 Life

Essential 2 Life

• Banned
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

This is what you should do to the liquitron valve: http://nerfhaven.com...cxwq_liquitron/.
-Nerfer9
Hi, Im in need of some crossbow parts, my dog carried it outside and left in in the street where it was smashed by a car.
-riceboi247
Are you shitting me? I can't make a damn gun by myself!

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

I believe that the gun doesn't work with out that nub that is in front of the air tank. Try epoxying it back on or even super gluing it back on.

Incorrect. It's only necessary if using the turret; if you're singling the gun all you have to do is slap a 1/2" PVC coupler on the tank after ripping out the pieces of the shell that are in the way with some pliers. Those pieces aren't necessary because once you put a barrel in there it'll rest on the front of the gun and keep straight. Then you can use any barrel material you want nested inside 1/2" PVC.

Do not bother taking off the goo gauge because it's not hurting anything and won't improve the performance if it's removed. If you insist on taking it off you have to chop it off near the base and then fill it in with plumber's goop so that when you pump the gun up the rubber membrane doesn't explode and send shards of rubber into your eyes.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 16 November 2008 - 05:26 PM.

SexD Warves

#6 Natbeanz

Natbeanz

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

This is what you should do to the liquitron valve: http://nerfhaven.com...cxwq_liquitron/.

There is no point at all. CXWQ said that it did nothing. I beleive there is a mod to take the goo gauge out on the mod directory.
QUOTE(Groove @ Jan 8 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, and get some of that sand out of your vagina.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY SEXY

#7 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

I believe that the gun doesn't work with out that nub that is in front of the air tank. Try epoxying it back on or even super gluing it back on.

Incorrect. It's only necessary if using the turret; if you're singling the gun all you have to do is slap a 1/2" PVC coupler on the tank after ripping out the pieces of the shell that are in the way with some pliers. Those pieces aren't necessary because once you put a barrel in there it'll rest on the front of the gun and keep straight. Then you can use any barrel material you want nested inside 1/2" PVC.

Do not bother taking off the goo gauge because it's not hurting anything and won't improve the performance if it's removed. If you insist on taking it off you have to chop it off near the base and then fill it in with plumber's goop so that when you pump the gun up the rubber membrane doesn't explode and send shards of rubber into your eyes.

That you for correcting me. Also would that create a better air release/flow if it was cut off like so.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#8 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:02 PM

Bottleneck's a bottleneck. Doesn't matter how long it is, just how narrow.

So many of you are so close to the truth that I can't stand it. I'm posting a general guide of how to improve the range of your AT2K!

#9 Greed

Greed

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:01 PM

Just the reduction in overall length is enough reason to recommend the cut.
The elimination of a tiny amount of dead space is also a plus.

Since the air passage does not actually neck down between the valve and there (even though from the outside it looks like it might), the length of that restriction is almost inconsequential compared to the diameter. But at least theoretically it should be less restrictive because the restricted length is less. I'm pretty sure that particular factor is negligible, but it's still in favor of the cut.

Dead space helps no one. In general it's less of a problem in pressure blasters than in springers, but it's still good to minimize dead space at every opportunity.

So I accidentally did something right? Cool!

On a side note, the nub fits tightly into the marker end, so it's an overall good thing if you're going to use a marker.
1. Now owns and wears a speedo.
2. Operates under 17 layers of psychological subterfuge/warfare/guile.
3. Is a master at rock-paper-scissors.
4. Hates everything. Just ask.
5. Likes his Gengar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users